Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bundt Cake Store

Anyone have one of these?

http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/

They are taking over the space where Frost donuts once was. I never thought
that Frost would make it but apparently they are wildly popular and
presumably have moved to a nearby, larger space. They now have a dessert
bar and have expanded to sell more than just donuts.

But this place? Just Bundt cakes. Seriously! How hard is it to make a
Bundt cake? These are not even filled and it doesn't look to me like they
have an innovative flavors although they do have various special flavors.
The icing and decorations don't blow me away either. Same oddly pooped out
frosting on them all, in thick white lines. And it looks like the
decorations aren't edible. Looks like silk flowers and little paper signs,
hats, etc.

Not sure that you can just walk in and get a cake either. Perhaps you can
get an undecorated cake that way. I am unclear in reading how to buy. But
it looks like if you want a decorated one, you have to order ahead of time.
Weird because most bakeries, even in the grocery stores will have some
generic, decorated cakes.

I can't see this making it either but they have a lot of locations!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 03:42:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> Anyone have one of these?
>
> http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/
>
> They are taking over the space where Frost donuts once was. I never thought
> that Frost would make it but apparently they are wildly popular and
> presumably have moved to a nearby, larger space. They now have a dessert
> bar and have expanded to sell more than just donuts.
>
> But this place? Just Bundt cakes. Seriously! How hard is it to make a
> Bundt cake? These are not even filled and it doesn't look to me like they
> have an innovative flavors although they do have various special flavors.
> The icing and decorations don't blow me away either. Same oddly pooped out
> frosting on them all, in thick white lines. And it looks like the
> decorations aren't edible. Looks like silk flowers and little paper signs,
> hats, etc.
>
> Not sure that you can just walk in and get a cake either. Perhaps you can
> get an undecorated cake that way. I am unclear in reading how to buy. But
> it looks like if you want a decorated one, you have to order ahead of time.
> Weird because most bakeries, even in the grocery stores will have some
> generic, decorated cakes.
>
> I can't see this making it either but they have a lot of locations!

<shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
never be interested - but I know how to cook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-14 8:22 AM, sf wrote:

> <shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
> cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
> never be interested - but I know how to cook.

I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-08-14 8:22 AM, sf wrote:
>
> > <shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
> > cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
> > never be interested - but I know how to cook.
> >

> I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
> the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
> church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
> back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
> have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
> and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
> make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
> need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
> cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.

I don't see cake in my future. Hubby is finally getting serious about
controlling his blood sugar - started pricking his finger a few days
ago. So far, a pastrami sandwich put him in the higher numbers but
everything else has been okay. He was 99 after a walk and 123 first
thing this morning. His goal is to not to take pills. If that's what
it takes, then that's what it takes (after a lifetime of bad eating
habits that were reinforced by no significant weight gain).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The next fad, since cupcakes are passé. These will fall by the wayside, too. I would certainly
never invest in such a business.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 8:00 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2014-08-14 8:22 AM, sf wrote:
>>
>>> <shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
>>> cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
>>> never be interested - but I know how to cook.
>>>

>> I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
>> the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
>> church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
>> back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
>> have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
>> and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
>> make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
>> need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
>> cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.
>>

> I don't see cake in my future. Hubby is finally getting serious about
> controlling his blood sugar - started pricking his finger a few days
> ago. So far, a pastrami sandwich put him in the higher numbers but
> everything else has been okay. He was 99 after a walk and 123 first
> thing this morning. His goal is to not to take pills. If that's what
> it takes, then that's what it takes (after a lifetime of bad eating
> habits that were reinforced by no significant weight gain).

Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in
your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat
the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

--
From somewhere very deep in the heart of Texas
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:24:54 -0500, Janet Wilder >
wrote:

> Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in
> your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat
> the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

Thank you! I had already told him that he should try using lettuce as
a bread substitute. He says the ham and pastrami he buys is only
around .5-1 gram of saturated fat per serving. That little keeps
carbs in the blood longer? Wow! Thanks for the explanation.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> wrote:

> The next fad, since cupcakes are passé. These will fall by the wayside, too. I would certainly
> never invest in such a business.

What's next? Donuts... bagels?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:23:13 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:24:54 -0500, Janet Wilder >
>
> wrote:
>

> > Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in

> > your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat

> > the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

> Thank you! I had already told him that he should try using lettuce as
>
> a bread substitute. He says the ham and pastrami he buys is only
>
> around .5-1 gram of saturated fat per serving. That little keeps
>
> carbs in the blood longer? Wow! Thanks for the explanation.

Tell him if he loses the bread that he can have double the pastrami.
Heck, triple the pastrami!

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 03:42:46 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Anyone have one of these?
>>
>> http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/
>>
>> They are taking over the space where Frost donuts once was. I never
>> thought
>> that Frost would make it but apparently they are wildly popular and
>> presumably have moved to a nearby, larger space. They now have a dessert
>> bar and have expanded to sell more than just donuts.
>>
>> But this place? Just Bundt cakes. Seriously! How hard is it to make a
>> Bundt cake? These are not even filled and it doesn't look to me like
>> they
>> have an innovative flavors although they do have various special flavors.
>> The icing and decorations don't blow me away either. Same oddly pooped
>> out
>> frosting on them all, in thick white lines. And it looks like the
>> decorations aren't edible. Looks like silk flowers and little paper
>> signs,
>> hats, etc.
>>
>> Not sure that you can just walk in and get a cake either. Perhaps you
>> can
>> get an undecorated cake that way. I am unclear in reading how to buy.
>> But
>> it looks like if you want a decorated one, you have to order ahead of
>> time.
>> Weird because most bakeries, even in the grocery stores will have some
>> generic, decorated cakes.
>>
>> I can't see this making it either but they have a lot of locations!

> <shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
> cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
> never be interested - but I know how to cook.

That's what I thought too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2014-08-14 8:22 AM, sf wrote:
>>
>> > <shrug> People don't cook anymore and they certainly don't decorate
>> > cakes. Personally, what I saw on that website looked awful and I'd
>> > never be interested - but I know how to cook.
>> >

>> I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
>> the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
>> church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
>> back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
>> have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
>> and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
>> make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
>> need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
>> cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.
>>

> I don't see cake in my future. Hubby is finally getting serious about
> controlling his blood sugar - started pricking his finger a few days
> ago. So far, a pastrami sandwich put him in the higher numbers but
> everything else has been okay. He was 99 after a walk and 123 first
> thing this morning. His goal is to not to take pills. If that's what
> it takes, then that's what it takes (after a lifetime of bad eating
> habits that were reinforced by no significant weight gain).

I used to do a ton of baking. Diabetes really quashed that. I totally quit
baking for a time. I do bake once in a while now. I plan to make a Marion
berry cobbler soon just to use up the rest of my whole wheat pastry flour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:24:54 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> wrote:
>
>> Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in
>> your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat
>> the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

> Thank you! I had already told him that he should try using lettuce as
> a bread substitute. He says the ham and pastrami he buys is only
> around .5-1 gram of saturated fat per serving. That little keeps
> carbs in the blood longer? Wow! Thanks for the explanation.

Yes. Fat delays the absorption of carbs. A little fat in a meal is good.
A lot is not. Then you get what some call the pizza effect. Huge spike in
blood sugar later than you'd think. Of course this applies only to a meal
with carbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > wrote:
>
>> The next fad, since cupcakes are passé. These will fall by the wayside,
>> too. I would certainly
>> never invest in such a business.
>>

> What's next? Donuts... bagels?

Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts were
big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin store?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:37:06 -0700 (PDT), Bryan-TGWWW
> wrote:

> On Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:23:13 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:24:54 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> >
> > wrote:
> >

> > > Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in

> > > your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat

> > > the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

> > Thank you! I had already told him that he should try using lettuce as
> >
> > a bread substitute. He says the ham and pastrami he buys is only
> >
> > around .5-1 gram of saturated fat per serving. That little keeps
> >
> > carbs in the blood longer? Wow! Thanks for the explanation.
> >

> Tell him if he loses the bread that he can have double the pastrami.
> Heck, triple the pastrami!

I think he's warming up to the idea. He likes sandwiches, so it
wasn't hard to suggest substituting lettuce for bread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
> were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
> store?

How about a store featuring things made with alternative flours - like
coconut, almond, pecan, and some others?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindi Marshall" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
>> were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
>> store?

> How about a store featuring things made with alternative flours - like
> coconut, almond, pecan, and some others?

You can get those pretty much anywhere here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith wrote:

> I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
> the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
> church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
> back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
> have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
> and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
> make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
> need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
> cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.

My mother-in-law makes that 7up cake. It is just as nice as you say,
dense and moist.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 3:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> The next fad, since cupcakes are passé. These will fall by the
>>> wayside, too. I would certainly
>>> never invest in such a business.
>>>

>> What's next? Donuts... bagels?

> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
> were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
> store?

ATK recently did English Muffin bread, so it may be trending now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 3:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I love Bundt cakes. ASAOF, we have a small piece of one sitting in the
>>> the fridge. It is what is leftover from the one my wife made for her
>>> church thing last weekend. It is a 7UP cake. We first discovered them
>>> back int he 1970s when someone gave us a recipe for a Sherry Cake. They
>>> have a nice dense texture that I like and the keep well. They are sweet
>>> and dense so a little goes a long way. The leads to the reason we seldom
>>> make them. They last too long. Forget about fancy icing. They don't
>>> need it. The 7yp cake gets just a little lemon glaze and the sherry
>>> cake gets a dusting of icing sugar.
>>>

>> I don't see cake in my future. Hubby is finally getting serious about
>> controlling his blood sugar - started pricking his finger a few days
>> ago. So far, a pastrami sandwich put him in the higher numbers but
>> everything else has been okay. He was 99 after a walk and 123 first
>> thing this morning. His goal is to not to take pills. If that's what
>> it takes, then that's what it takes (after a lifetime of bad eating
>> habits that were reinforced by no significant weight gain).
>>

> I used to do a ton of baking. Diabetes really quashed that. I totally
> quit baking for a time. I do bake once in a while now. I plan to make
> a Marion berry cobbler soon just to use up the rest of my whole wheat
> pastry flour.

Doesn't that require a good soaking in Cognac?

;-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:51:48 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:24:54 -0500, Janet Wilder >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Tell him not to mix fatty meats and carbs. The fat keeps the carbs in
> >> your blood longer. That's why pizza is such a no-no for diabetics. Eat
> >> the pastrami with a knife and fork and forgo the bread.

> > Thank you! I had already told him that he should try using lettuce as
> > a bread substitute. He says the ham and pastrami he buys is only
> > around .5-1 gram of saturated fat per serving. That little keeps
> > carbs in the blood longer? Wow! Thanks for the explanation.
> >

> Yes. Fat delays the absorption of carbs. A little fat in a meal is good.
> A lot is not. Then you get what some call the pizza effect. Huge spike in
> blood sugar later than you'd think. Of course this applies only to a meal
> with carbs.

Thanks! I passed on that information to him too.

So far eating the leftovers of the last pizza(s) I made hasn't been a
big problem. The pizzas were just basil pesto, mushrooms, onion and a
little grated parmesan + quattro formaggio. He's eats a slice, goes
for his walk, comes back and measures his glucose. The reading has
been +/- 100 the last 4 times he did it, so snacking on pizza worked
out well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> The next fad, since cupcakes are passé. These will fall by the wayside,
> >> too. I would certainly
> >> never invest in such a business.
> >>

> > What's next? Donuts... bagels?

> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts were
> big around the same time as cupcakes.

I was just kidding.

>How about an English Muffin store?

Now there's a thought, except I vote for crumpets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:09:08 +0000 (UTC), Cindi Marshall
> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
> > were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
> > store?

> How about a store featuring things made with alternative flours - like
> coconut, almond, pecan, and some others?

Gluten free or ancient grains?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 5:26 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

>>> What's next? Donuts... bagels?

>> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts were
>> big around the same time as cupcakes.

> I was just kidding.
>
>> How about an English Muffin store?

> Now there's a thought, except I vote for crumpets.

Put me down for proper scones...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:12:09 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

> On 8/14/2014 3:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "sf" > wrote in message
> >> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

> >> What's next? Donuts... bagels?

> > Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
> > were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
> > store?

> ATK recently did English Muffin bread, so it may be trending now.

I love that stuff! The recipe on the package of yeast is perfect.
I'd have to dig it out to tell you which brand it is, but I think it
was Fleischmann's.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:35:17 -0600, Mayo > wrote:

> Put me down for proper scones...

We used to have a shop that made scones... oh man they were GOOD. Her
secret was yogurt. Yum!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 8/14/2014 3:50 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:51:06 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> I don't see cake in my future. Hubby is finally getting serious about
>>> controlling his blood sugar - started pricking his finger a few days
>>> ago. So far, a pastrami sandwich put him in the higher numbers but
>>> everything else has been okay. He was 99 after a walk and 123 first
>>> thing this morning. His goal is to not to take pills. If that's what
>>> it takes, then that's what it takes (after a lifetime of bad eating
>>> habits that were reinforced by no significant weight gain).
>>>

>> I used to do a ton of baking. Diabetes really quashed that. I totally
>> quit baking for a time. I do bake once in a while now. I plan to make
>> a Marion berry cobbler soon just to use up the rest of my whole wheat
>> pastry flour.

> Doesn't that require a good soaking in Cognac?
>
> ;-)

Not in this house.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> On 8/14/2014 3:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

>>> What's next? Donuts... bagels?

>> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
>> were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
>> store?

> ATK recently did English Muffin bread, so it may be trending now.

ATK?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "sf" > wrote in message
>> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 06:13:52 -0700 (PDT), Nancy2

>> > What's next? Donuts... bagels?

>> Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts were
>> big around the same time as cupcakes.

> I was just kidding.
>
>>How about an English Muffin store?

> Now there's a thought, except I vote for crumpets.

We used to have one by Pike Place Market. Don't know if it is still there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:09:08 +0000 (UTC), Cindi Marshall
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:53:17 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > Pretty sure those have passed. Bagels were big in the 80's. Donuts
>> > were big around the same time as cupcakes. How about an English Muffin
>> > store?

>> How about a store featuring things made with alternative flours - like
>> coconut, almond, pecan, and some others?

> Gluten free or ancient grains?

We can get that stuff everywhere now too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 6:42 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Anyone have one of these?
>
> http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/

> But this place? Just Bundt cakes. Seriously! How hard is it to make a
> Bundt cake? These are not even filled and it doesn't look to me like
> they have an innovative flavors although they do have various special
> flavors.

> I can't see this making it either but they have a lot of locations!

It does seem to be a very limited product line, but millions of people
never bake anything. It would have to be something really special to get
me in therr though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/14/2014 6:03 PM, sf wrote:

>> Tell him if he loses the bread that he can have double the pastrami.
>> Heck, triple the pastrami!
>>

> I think he's warming up to the idea. He likes sandwiches, so it
> wasn't hard to suggest substituting lettuce for bread.

Very true, bit I never met a carb I didn't like. Especially really good
bread!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-14 20:05, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:35:17 -0600, Mayo > wrote:
>
>> Put me down for proper scones...

> We used to have a shop that made scones... oh man they were GOOD. Her
> secret was yogurt. Yum!

The best scones I ever baked were made with buttermilk, which would have
a similar effect. Dang it. I lost the recipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:32:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
> >

> > ATK recently did English Muffin bread, so it may be trending now.

> ATK?

America's Test Kitchen.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:20:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 2014-08-14 20:05, sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:35:17 -0600, Mayo > wrote:
> >
> >> Put me down for proper scones...

> > We used to have a shop that made scones... oh man they were GOOD. Her
> > secret was yogurt. Yum!
> >

> The best scones I ever baked were made with buttermilk, which would have
> a similar effect. Dang it. I lost the recipe.

When she told me about the yogurt, I felt free to substitute every
time I saw butter. I do a 1:1 with yogurt, buttermilk might be a
little different - but I bet not by much.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 8/14/2014 6:42 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Anyone have one of these?
>>
>> http://www.nothingbundtcakes.com/

>> But this place? Just Bundt cakes. Seriously! How hard is it to make a
>> Bundt cake? These are not even filled and it doesn't look to me like
>> they have an innovative flavors although they do have various special
>> flavors.

>> I can't see this making it either but they have a lot of locations!

> It does seem to be a very limited product line, but millions of people
> never bake anything. It would have to be something really special to get
> me in therr though.

That's the thing. They don't look special to me at all. And you can get
Bundt cakes at any grocery store.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 17:32:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Mayo" > wrote in message ...
>> >

>> > ATK recently did English Muffin bread, so it may be trending now.

>> ATK?

> America's Test Kitchen.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2014-08-14 10:58 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 22:20:39 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> We used to have a shop that made scones... oh man they were GOOD. Her
>>> secret was yogurt. Yum!
>>>

>> The best scones I ever baked were made with buttermilk, which would have
>> a similar effect. Dang it. I lost the recipe.

> When she told me about the yogurt, I felt free to substitute every
> time I saw butter. I do a 1:1 with yogurt, buttermilk might be a
> little different - but I bet not by much.

Did you also substitute some baking soda for powder?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

http://open.salon.com/blog/deliablac...trash_cookbook

> Tara

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
> I love Bundt cakes.

Nordic Ware invented teh Bundt pan, only the original Bundt pan made
by Nordic Ware is of the classic configuration, all others are
imitations. I have several pieces of Nordic Ware, no one else
produces such well made bakeware.
This is the original:
https://www.nordicware.com/store/pro...n#.U-4TdZB0xxA
This is one of my favorite Nordic Ware configurations:
http://i59.tinypic.com/2e4hlpw.jpg

REC - Sherry Bundt Cake Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 38 10-07-2006 06:24 PM
Rum Bundt Cake [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 26-08-2005 05:54 AM
glazing a bundt cake stgagnon Baking 5 24-05-2005 07:24 PM
bundt cake sticks to pan. darkman Baking 4 07-07-2004 04:16 PM
Chocolate Bundt Cake (?) BRS Baking 5 27-11-2003 03:20 AM