Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The "Limited" Pub Menu 1/29/2014

Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?

"Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
Clubhouse."

Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard pay.

OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a
lot of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>
> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please use
> extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
> Clubhouse."
>
> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard
> pay.
>
> OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a lot
> of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.
>
> Jill

Are there not some people, such as those staying in "your" 4 unit condo,
that are close to the Clubhouse and might even walk there? There might be
some p.o.'d vacationers if they were counting on eating out and now they
were stranded with no or little food.

Hopefully, they will have a skeleton crew of those who can make it in to
work relatively easily. I am sure the guy who lives 50 miles away has
begged off and disconnected his phone.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29-Jan-2014, jmcquown > wrote:

> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>
> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
> use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
> Clubhouse."
>
> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard
> pay.
>
> OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a
> lot of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.

At my in-home pub (ok, it's just my kitchen) hamburger was on the menu to
celebrate the thaw - the temp just hit 32F for the first time in a while.
So today's celebratory lunch was:
- green chile cheeseburger
- kale and white beans (Great Northern)
- frosty mug of root beer.
- small garden salad w/ranch

Dinner will be lamb chops and .... TBD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:43:27 AM UTC-8, jmcquown wrote:
> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>

> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
>
> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
>
> use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
>
> Clubhouse."
>

> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
>
> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard pay.
>

> OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a
>
> lot of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.
>

> Jill

You need to get a life!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:54:13 PM UTC-6, Chemo wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:43:27 AM UTC-8, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?

> > "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service

> > including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please

> > use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the

> > Clubhouse."

> > Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having

> > to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard pay.

> > OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a

> > lot of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.

> > Jill

> You need to get a life!

But....but....but.....this shit IS her life!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>
> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
> use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
> Clubhouse."
>
> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard pay.
>
> OB Food: I'm thinking of making baked pork chops for dinner. I have a
> lot of frozen vegetables to choose from for a side.
>
> Jill

I agree that that is not enticing. I assume ANYONE here could do much
better than that at home.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2014 8:32 PM, Jean B. wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>>
>> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
>> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
>> use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
>> Clubhouse."
>>
>> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
>> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard
>> pay.

>> Jill

> I agree that that is not enticing. I assume ANYONE here could do much
> better than that at home.
>
> --
> Jean B.

Except there may be people living there who never cook, don't keep food
in the house, and always eat at the club.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/2/2014 11:05 PM, gloria p wrote:
> On 2/2/2014 8:32 PM, Jean B. wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>> Oh dear. Is anyone actually going to drive on icy roads for this?
>>>
>>> "Today the Pub will be opening at 12:00 (noon) with limited menu service
>>> including Hot Dogs, Soup and Hamburgers. Due to icy conditions, please
>>> use extreme caution while on roadways and sidewalks near and around the
>>> Clubhouse."
>>>
>>> Uh huh. I think everyone better stay home. Those poor employees having
>>> to drive here to cook hotdogs, soup and hamburgers. I'd demand hazard
>>> pay.

>>> Jill

>> I agree that that is not enticing. I assume ANYONE here could do much
>> better than that at home.
>>
>> --
>> Jean B.

> Except there may be people living there who never cook, don't keep food
> in the house, and always eat at the club.
>
> gloria p

That may be true. But in other emails they were warning residents to
stay home due to icy roads. Don't drive unless you have to. Yet they
expected the employees to drive on icy streets to get here. To cook and
serve hot dogs, soup and burgers. Okaaayyy. Hope they all had good car
insurance. Driving on icy roads is *never* a good idea, even if you've
done it before.

Jill