General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

Blue Plate Special

Egg Salad Sandwich
Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
Choice of Side
$8.25

Sorry, Steve! Apparently pork chops, mashed potatoes and brussels
sprouts don't *really* constitute a Blue Plate Special.

The other specials a

Trio Salad
Served on a Bed of Mixed Greens with Carrot Curls, Tuna, Chicken and
Shrimp Salad
$8.50

Pastrami Reuben
With Sauerkraut, Thousand Island
Dressing and Swiss Cheese on Rye
Choice of Side
$8.50

Jill
  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,987
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

I'll have the Trio.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

On 2/15/2014 11:00 AM, Kalmia wrote:
> I'll have the Trio.
>

Want me to pick it up for you?

Jill
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014


"jmcquown" > wrote in message
...
> Blue Plate Special
>
> Egg Salad Sandwich
> Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
> Choice of Side
> $8.25
>
> Sorry, Steve! Apparently pork chops, mashed potatoes and brussels sprouts
> don't *really* constitute a Blue Plate Special.
>
> The other specials a
>
> Trio Salad
> Served on a Bed of Mixed Greens with Carrot Curls, Tuna, Chicken and
> Shrimp Salad
> $8.50
>
> Pastrami Reuben
> With Sauerkraut, Thousand Island
> Dressing and Swiss Cheese on Rye
> Choice of Side
> $8.50


Somebody really needs to educate those people!

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 901
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014



"jmcquown" wrote in message ...

Blue Plate Special

Egg Salad Sandwich
Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
Choice of Side
$8.25

Sorry, Steve! Apparently pork chops, mashed potatoes and brussels
sprouts don't *really* constitute a Blue Plate Special.

Jill

~~~~~~~~
I love egg salad sandwich for lunch, but I would never call it a "blue plate
special." I wonder why they don't just list "specials" and forget about
trying to call one of them a "blue plate special"?

MaryL



  #6 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 36,804
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

On 2/16/2014 3:02 AM, MaryL wrote:
>
>
> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> Blue Plate Special
>
> Egg Salad Sandwich
> Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
> Choice of Side
> $8.25
>
> Sorry, Steve! Apparently pork chops, mashed potatoes and brussels
> sprouts don't *really* constitute a Blue Plate Special.
>
> Jill
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> I love egg salad sandwich for lunch, but I would never call it a "blue
> plate special." I wonder why they don't just list "specials" and forget
> about trying to call one of them a "blue plate special"?
>
> MaryL
>

I wonder about a lot of things they do.

Jill
  #7 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 23,520
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Egg Salad Sandwich
> > Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
> > Choice of Side
> > $8.25
> >

> I wonder about a lot of things they do.


Very overpriced for that but then....you are paying people to make it
for you. In that nice clubhouse you pay for "renting some real estate"
too. I think they should offer a "take out" discount though since you
won't be using a table or have a plate and glass to wash later. All
restaurants should do that but they don't.

G.
  #8 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 901
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014



"Gary" wrote in message ...

jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Egg Salad Sandwich
> > Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
> > Choice of Side
> > $8.25
> >

> I wonder about a lot of things they do.


Very overpriced for that but then....you are paying people to make it
for you. In that nice clubhouse you pay for "renting some real estate"
too. I think they should offer a "take out" discount though since you
won't be using a table or have a plate and glass to wash later. All
restaurants should do that but they don't.

G.

~~~~~~~~~~
There are some that actually charge *extra* for the styrofoam containers
used for take out.

MaryL

  #9 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 18,814
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

"MaryL" wrote:
>"Gary" wrote:
>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > Egg Salad Sandwich
>> > Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
>> > Choice of Side
>> > $8.25
>> >

>> I wonder about a lot of things they do.

>
>Very overpriced for that but then....you are paying people to make it
>for you. In that nice clubhouse you pay for "renting some real estate"
>too. I think they should offer a "take out" discount though since you
>won't be using a table or have a plate and glass to wash later. All
>restaurants should do that but they don't.


Not over priced, when was the last time you ate out? I'm shocked at
the price for taking three little kids to Golden Arches

>~~~~~~~~~~
>There are some that actually charge *extra* for the styrofoam containers
>used for take out.
>
>MaryL


Very true... lots of restaurants charge more for take out, packaging
costs. And just because you don't eat there doesn't mean their
overhead decreases. And restaurants don't do take out because then
they wan't sell drinks, most of the profit is from beverages,
especially from their bar. And take out customers rarely buy any
extras, like appetizers and desserts. Gary, you wanna do take out on
the cheap go to a deli... you can buy an egg salad on a kaiser roll
for $3.
  #10 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 35,884
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014

On 2014-02-16 3:02 AM, MaryL wrote:
>
>
> "jmcquown" wrote in message ...
>
> Blue Plate Special
>
> Egg Salad Sandwich
> Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
> Choice of Side
> $8.25
>
> Sorry, Steve! Apparently pork chops, mashed potatoes and brussels
> sprouts don't *really* constitute a Blue Plate Special.
>
> Jill
>
> ~~~~~~~~
> I love egg salad sandwich for lunch, but I would never call it a "blue
> plate special." I wonder why they don't just list "specials" and forget
> about trying to call one of them a "blue plate special"?




I think I understand. Jill has posted enough of their specials and
provided some descriptions and photos that give me the impression that
they guys running it are idiots.
I don't blame her for being ticked off about having to spend a minimum
amount there each year when the food is over priced and not very good.



  #11 (permalink)   Report Post  
Posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 46,524
Default Dataw "Blue Plate Special" 2/15/2014


"Brooklyn1" > wrote in message
news
> "MaryL" wrote:
>>"Gary" wrote:
>>jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> > Egg Salad Sandwich
>>> > Served on Wheat with Bacon and Tomato
>>> > Choice of Side
>>> > $8.25
>>> >
>>> I wonder about a lot of things they do.

>>
>>Very overpriced for that but then....you are paying people to make it
>>for you. In that nice clubhouse you pay for "renting some real estate"
>>too. I think they should offer a "take out" discount though since you
>>won't be using a table or have a plate and glass to wash later. All
>>restaurants should do that but they don't.

>
> Not over priced, when was the last time you ate out? I'm shocked at
> the price for taking three little kids to Golden Arches
>
>>~~~~~~~~~~
>>There are some that actually charge *extra* for the styrofoam containers
>>used for take out.
>>
>>MaryL

>
> Very true... lots of restaurants charge more for take out, packaging
> costs. And just because you don't eat there doesn't mean their
> overhead decreases. And restaurants don't do take out because then
> they wan't sell drinks, most of the profit is from beverages,
> especially from their bar. And take out customers rarely buy any
> extras, like appetizers and desserts. Gary, you wanna do take out on
> the cheap go to a deli... you can buy an egg salad on a kaiser roll
> for $3.


The one Mexican place that we go to doesn't charge extra for takeout
although if you just come in for chips and salsa to go they will of course
charge for that. I was pleasantly surprised at how well they packaged the
food up. Thick foil containers with cardboard type tops, reminiscent of
those frozen turkey rolls. The containers were somehow insulated and kept
the food hot for a very long time!

Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Dataw Dinner Special 2/22/2014 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 42 16-03-2015 07:37 PM
A Dataw Dinner Special 3/19/2014 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 14 20-03-2014 10:45 PM
Another Dataw Lunch Special 2/1/2014 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 24 04-02-2014 04:14 PM
Dataw Blue Plate Special 12/17/2013 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 19-12-2013 04:51 PM
Another Questionable "Blue Plate Special" jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 30 11-12-2013 11:59 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"