Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Aged Goat Milk Cheese - like a blue cheese

They had this one out for sampling at the local Whole Foods. I confess,
even though it's expensive, I bought a piece because it was so tasty,
and I just finished the 1/2 lb. I bought a few days ago - truly yummy
stuff, IMHO. It has many of the qualities of a blue cheese but it's
only "semi" aged - for 3 weeks.

Blue Ledge Farm is who makes it, and the cheese is called Lake's Edge.
It's described on their web site as "dramatic ash-veined goat cheese is
aged for three weeks" and as being "perhaps" their signature cheese.

It looks like it's $20 per pound, plus shipping, direct from them, and I
think it was $25 per pound at WF.

-S-

Discount Source for Well Aged Hard Cheese? W General Cooking 7 27-12-2013 06:56 PM
What to do with leftover aged gouda cheese htn963[_2_] General Cooking 28 18-01-2009 06:48 PM
goat cheese Scott General Cooking 16 14-08-2005 11:34 PM
Schratter Foods Inc. Issues Allergy Alert on Undeclared Egg White Lysozyme in "Frico” Imported Chevrette Goat’s Milk Cheese Duckie ® Recipes 0 29-05-2004 01:30 AM