Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default How not to be a regular customer

Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
eat at the place again.

I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/11/2013 10:34 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
> Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
> shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
> eat at the place again.
>
> I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
> standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!

Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".

God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:40:04 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> On 6/11/2013 10:34 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
> > Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
> > shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
> > eat at the place again.
> >
> > I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
> > standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!
> >

> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>
> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.

What a boring video. I had to fast forward several times and even
then exited before it ended. IMO, she's just another a spoiled,
self-righteous brat trying to intimidate staff that are paid to be
nice to @ssholes. Suuuure she contacted "her lawyer". Maybe she has
a friend who is studying law, but no self-respecting lawyer would take
that on. Did she say how much she's suing for? I didn't hear a
dollar amount, just some BS about the whole store twice. They are too
busy with legitimate work to take on a BS case like that. Her
"damage" is something she should take to small claims court and she'll
be laughed out of there too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2013 3:45 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:40:04 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/2013 10:34 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
>>> Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
>>> shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
>>> eat at the place again.
>>>
>>> I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
>>> standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!
>>>

>> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
>> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
>> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
>> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
>> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
>> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>>
>> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
>> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
>> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>>

> What a boring video. I had to fast forward several times and even
> then exited before it ended. IMO, she's just another a spoiled,
> self-righteous brat trying to intimidate staff that are paid to be
> nice to @ssholes. Suuuure she contacted "her lawyer". Maybe she has
> a friend who is studying law, but no self-respecting lawyer would take
> that on. Did she say how much she's suing for? I didn't hear a
> dollar amount, just some BS about the whole store twice. They are too
> busy with legitimate work to take on a BS case like that. Her
> "damage" is something she should take to small claims court and she'll
> be laughed out of there too.

She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if
she thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2013 2:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> On 6/11/2013 10:34 PM, Metspitzer wrote:
>> Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
>> shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
>> eat at the place again.
>>
>> I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
>> standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!
>>

> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>
> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>
> Jill

I couldn't watch it all. The poor guy at the register was like a deer
in headlights and I don't blame him. That girl needs some valium.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/13/2013 3:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:40:04 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
>>> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
>>> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
>>> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
>>> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
>>> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>>>
>>> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
>>> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
>>> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>>>

>> What a boring video. I had to fast forward several times and even
>> then exited before it ended. IMO, she's just another a spoiled,
>> self-righteous brat trying to intimidate staff that are paid to be
>> nice to @ssholes. Suuuure she contacted "her lawyer". Maybe she has
>> a friend who is studying law, but no self-respecting lawyer would take
>> that on. Did she say how much she's suing for? I didn't hear a
>> dollar amount, just some BS about the whole store twice. They are too
>> busy with legitimate work to take on a BS case like that. Her
>> "damage" is something she should take to small claims court and she'll
>> be laughed out of there too.
>>

> She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
> extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if she
> thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.
>
> Jill

ditto. I'll bring the donuts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:10:15 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
>extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if
>she thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.
>
>Jill

Foul mouthed bully. I'd toss her in jail for 30 day just for
demeaning the clerk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:10:15 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>

>>She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
>>extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if
>>she thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.
>>
>>Jill

> Foul mouthed bully. I'd toss her in jail for 30 day just for
> demeaning the clerk.

yeah, now THAT's a law we need on the books. pfft.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:39:17 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> I couldn't watch it all. The poor guy at the register was like a deer
> in headlights and I don't blame him. That girl needs some valium.

She needs a good dose of Phencyclidine (PCP/Angel Dust).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/13/2013 3:45 PM, sf wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 14:40:04 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>>> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
>>> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
>>> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
>>> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
>>> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
>>> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>>>
>>> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
>>> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
>>> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>>>

>> What a boring video. I had to fast forward several times and even
>> then exited before it ended. IMO, she's just another a spoiled,
>> self-righteous brat trying to intimidate staff that are paid to be
>> nice to @ssholes. Suuuure she contacted "her lawyer". Maybe she has
>> a friend who is studying law, but no self-respecting lawyer would take
>> that on. Did she say how much she's suing for? I didn't hear a
>> dollar amount, just some BS about the whole store twice. They are too
>> busy with legitimate work to take on a BS case like that. Her
>> "damage" is something she should take to small claims court and she'll
>> be laughed out of there too.
>>

> She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
> extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if she
> thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.

If she were here and called someone a n****r she would be hauled up in front
of a court.
She is disgusting.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2013 11:12 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 21:10:15 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>

>> She'd be laughed out of any court. All that curing makes her appear
>> extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if
>> she thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.
>>
>> Jill

Thanks for not pointing out the typo. I meant cursing, obviously.

> Foul mouthed bully. I'd toss her in jail for 30 day just for
> demeaning the clerk.

Under common law, what she did is the equivalent of assault. "An
intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of
an imminent harmful or offensive contact." She *should* be arrested!
If I was the employee I'd consider filing charges. If I was the owner
she'd be banned from the shop.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:08:36 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

> Under common law, what she did is the equivalent of assault. "An
> intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of
> an imminent harmful or offensive contact." She *should* be arrested!
> If I was the employee I'd consider filing charges. If I was the owner
> she'd be banned from the shop.

I really felt sorry for that employee... did you see how he was
wringing his hands? She was a bully, that's for sure and I certainly
hope the store manager or owner takes legal action against her.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 10:51:51 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
> >>

> > She'd be laughed out of any court. All that cursing makes her appear
> > extremely ignorant and not very credible. She's just plain stupid if she
> > thinks this video will help her "case". I'd like to be on that jury.

> If she were here and called someone a n****r she would be hauled up in front
> of a court.
> She is disgusting.
> --

She won't take any legal action because it's a small claims court case
at best. A judge hears the case and decides; lawyers don't get
involved. She was doing all of that to intimidate the employee into
giving her freebies.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14/06/2013 9:56 AM, sf wrote:

>> --

> She won't take any legal action because it's a small claims court case
> at best. A judge hears the case and decides; lawyers don't get
> involved. She was doing all of that to intimidate the employee into
> giving her freebies.

I watched the video for a couple videos. A couple things were
apparent..... she had no receipt and she is a loony bitch. I doubt she
would follow through in court, even small claims court, and I doubt she
would win. The judge would probably throw her out of court, and the
clerk or manager should have thrown her out of the store. She would
probably try to smear their corporate even more but if other people are
like me, the tide would go against her, not the shop. The clerk had a
lot more patience with her than I would have.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2013 9:53 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 08:08:36 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Under common law, what she did is the equivalent of assault. "An
>> intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of
>> an imminent harmful or offensive contact." She *should* be arrested!
>> If I was the employee I'd consider filing charges. If I was the owner
>> she'd be banned from the shop.

> I really felt sorry for that employee... did you see how he was
> wringing his hands? She was a bully, that's for sure and I certainly
> hope the store manager or owner takes legal action against her.

I agree. I felt sorry for the employee but that's the brainwashed thing
about any sort of retail - the customer is always right. Except when
they aren't. He should have said, "I'm going in the back to get the
owner so you can talk to him." Then called 911 - there's a lunatic in
the store threatening people.

Would I have done that if I was as young as the guy she was yelling and
cursing at? You betcha. I worked in retail in my late teens/early
20's. When I had a problem with a customer I called for a manager. But
I never ran into anything quite like this. I'd have called the cops.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John J" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2013 22:34:31 -0400, Metspitzer >
> wrote:
>
>>Don't waste 8 min of your life by watching this video, but you
>>shouldn't raise such a stink about a free donut if you ever want to
>>eat at the place again.
>>
>>I am sure the employees would love to see her come back. They will be
>>standing in line to put body fluids in her drink.
>>
>>http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=juLHmG76P4Q#!

> In European hospitality, this is pretty much the perception of the
> American customer. If they as much as burn their tongue on a hot
> beverage of yours, they'll sue you to the point that you have to sell
> your first-born.
>
> --
> John

It's interesting that you would say that. I just reserved a rental car in
Germany and the minimum liability insurance is 50 Million Euros. Are jury
awards really that high in Europe? You'd have to win a case against a huge
corporation to get anything near that in the US, and then they'd appeal it
down to almost nothing.

The wench in the video isn't typical of anything at all - just a spoiled
brat who wanted a free lunch. If she had pointed that camera in my face
thinking I should agree with her, it would have ended up in the middle of
the street.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Squirtz, Will you please take down that stupid, penis growing woman. I
sometimes have a child or two sitting with me. They don't need to see
that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2013 10:31 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:19:32 -0700, Momma Raider wrote:
>
>> Squirtz, Will you please take down that stupid, penis growing woman. I
>> sometimes have a child or two sitting with me. They don't need to see
>> that.

> What... you mean THIS 'penis growing woman'?
>
> BTW: I don't think it just grew there. It's not a like a zit or 6th
> finger.
>
> And how do you know it's not a "boob growing man"?
>
> -sw

You're incapable of being accommodating, aren't you?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2013 9:39 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 6/13/2013 2:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
>> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
>> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
>> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
>> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
>> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>>
>> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
>> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
>> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>>
>> Jill

> I couldn't watch it all. The poor guy at the register was like a deer
> in headlights and I don't blame him. That girl needs some valium.

I must be sick. I tend to follow up on things like this just to find
out what happened.

Dunkin Donuts plans to honor the employees who handled her extreme
rudeness and racial epithets with such grace. Meanwhile, this chick has
lost her job. That sure backfired, didn't it? I really don't know what
she thought she'd accomplish.

As for her having a "business degree", she was working as an actress for
powersalesteam dot com doing online commercials for small businesses.
She lost her job, has cancelled her FB and Twitter accounts and has gone
underground. That's exactly where she needs to stay. Good luck finding
another job, you stupid woman.

I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
side? Nutjob.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 8:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/13/2013 9:39 PM, Cheryl wrote:
>> On 6/13/2013 2:40 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> Why anyone would get so friggin upset over something from Dunkin Donuts
>>> is a mystery. Why anyone would go to the trouble of video taping
>>> demanding a free donut and drink is unimaginable. She suggested someone
>>> blow her brains out... maybe someone will. Yes, this is an "educated"
>>> woman, who says, "like, you know, like, I have a business degree, and
>>> like..." Go back to school and learn the meaning of the word "like".
>>>
>>> God girl, get a life. Preferably on Mars. Heh. Oh, and she greatly
>>> overestimates the power of Facebook. Maybe she should go to work for
>>> Amy's Baking Company in Scottsdale.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I couldn't watch it all. The poor guy at the register was like a deer
>> in headlights and I don't blame him. That girl needs some valium.
>>

> I must be sick. I tend to follow up on things like this just to find
> out what happened.
>
> Dunkin Donuts plans to honor the employees who handled her extreme
> rudeness and racial epithets with such grace. Meanwhile, this chick has
> lost her job. That sure backfired, didn't it? I really don't know what
> she thought she'd accomplish.
>
> As for her having a "business degree", she was working as an actress for
> powersalesteam dot com doing online commercials for small businesses.
> She lost her job, has cancelled her FB and Twitter accounts and has gone
> underground. That's exactly where she needs to stay. Good luck finding
> another job, you stupid woman.
>
> I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
> rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
> don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
> behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
> side? Nutjob.
>
> Jill

It's the state of our intensely self-focused society and short attention
span lifestyle. Couple that with an unhealthy does odf drugs and - presto.

Be gald she's not kin to you, the shame of knowing there might be any
common DNA would be overwhelming.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 11:06 AM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 10:31:52 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> As for her having a "business degree", she was working as an actress for
>> powersalesteam dot com doing online commercials for small businesses.
>> She lost her job, has cancelled her FB and Twitter accounts and has gone
>> underground. That's exactly where she needs to stay. Good luck finding
>> another job, you stupid woman.

> I want to see her make up a followup video and post that to the
> Internet. Maybe the opening scene could show her with some dynamite
> strapped to her chest.

Only if it doesn't contain shrapnel or take out an innocent bystander,
customer or staff. Just let herself blow up. Or go to Mars, which is
where she seems to think the Internet is located. LOL

> In her original video she acted like she has been up on speed for a
> few days. She was a textbook example of when that happens.
>
> -sw

She sure seemed to be ramped up on something. Why anyone gets that
worked up over not being given a receipt... maybe the sugar adds to the
high. I wouldn't really know.

Jill <---not a fan of sweets
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 9:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
> rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
> don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
> behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
> side? Nutjob.

I've met more than my share of nasty customers when I was working retail
(and in a restaurant) but nothing like that woman. I did once
physically grab a customer and quick walk him out the front door into
the waiting arms of the local cops who were just arriving... but that
guy had hit one of my employees.

The cop shop was right across the street from the store so we never got
too involved when customers got out of hand... just called the gendarmes
and let them handle it.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/06/2013 11:52 AM, George Leppla wrote:

> I've met more than my share of nasty customers when I was working retail
> (and in a restaurant) but nothing like that woman. I did once
> physically grab a customer and quick walk him out the front door into
> the waiting arms of the local cops who were just arriving... but that
> guy had hit one of my employees.
>
> The cop shop was right across the street from the store so we never got
> too involved when customers got out of hand... just called the gendarmes
> and let them handle it.

It was bad enough in a law enforcement position. You can't expect most
to be thrilled about having to deal with you but as long as you act
professionally people tend to show some respect. Occasionally, you run
into some real assholes. The pen can be mightier than the mouth. An
officer has a lot of discretionary powers and a lot of times people are
given a warning. I used to check for seat belts once in a while. They
are required by law, and it can be a difficult charge to prosecute
because even though you clearly saw that the person was not wearing it,
they will insist in court that they were. I think people should wear
them, not just because of the law but because they save lives. I usually
gave warnings and stressed the importance of wearing them. But what do
you do with a belligerent jerk who says "I don't wear and you can't make
me." ? Obviously, a warning is not going to do much, so you lay the
charge.

Every once in a while I would run into a really belligerent jerk. A
quick check of their driver record usually showed previous incidents of
attitude adjustment charges, where there had been multiple charges laid
for the sorts of things that charges aren't usually laid. like failing
to produce registration, fail to produce insurance, fail to wear
seatbelt.... fail to sign license in ink. Not only did they get a
battery of attitude adjustment charges, but those guys often had
multiple cases of that.

I never lost any sleep over the encounters I had with idiots like that.I
just figured that if it got really expensive for that person to act that
way, they might smarten up and behave the next time.

In some cases it worked. I once warned a driver about not having a log
book but charged him for not having done a pre trip inspection, for
which the fine was about half. He freaked. I could have given him an AA
charge(s) on the spot but didn't. Instead, I faxed the information to
our safety auditors. They went into the company and did an audit on that
driver and he ended up with a bunch of hours of work charges. He
realized that it was his behaviour that had triggered the audit and he
apologized.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 15/06/2013 11:52 AM, George Leppla wrote:
>>
>> I've met more than my share of nasty customers when I was working retail
>> (and in a restaurant) but nothing like that woman. I did once
>> physically grab a customer and quick walk him out the front door into
>> the waiting arms of the local cops who were just arriving... but that
>> guy had hit one of my employees.
>>
>> The cop shop was right across the street from the store so we never got
>> too involved when customers got out of hand... just called the gendarmes
>> and let them handle it.

> It was bad enough in a law enforcement position. You can't expect most to
> be thrilled about having to deal with you but as long as you act
> professionally people tend to show some respect. Occasionally, you run
> into some real assholes. The pen can be mightier than the mouth. An
> officer has a lot of discretionary powers and a lot of times people are
> given a warning. I used to check for seat belts once in a while. They are
> required by law, and it can be a difficult charge to prosecute because
> even though you clearly saw that the person was not wearing it, they will
> insist in court that they were. I think people should wear them, not just
> because of the law but because they save lives. I usually gave warnings
> and stressed the importance of wearing them. But what do you do with a
> belligerent jerk who says "I don't wear and you can't make me." ?
> Obviously, a warning is not going to do much, so you lay the charge.
>
> Every once in a while I would run into a really belligerent jerk. A quick
> check of their driver record usually showed previous incidents of attitude
> adjustment charges, where there had been multiple charges laid for the
> sorts of things that charges aren't usually laid. like failing to produce
> registration, fail to produce insurance, fail to wear seatbelt.... fail to
> sign license in ink. Not only did they get a battery of attitude
> adjustment charges, but those guys often had multiple cases of that.
>

> I never lost any sleep over the encounters I had with idiots like that.I
> just figured that if it got really expensive for that person to act that
> way, they might smarten up and behave the next time.
>
> In some cases it worked. I once warned a driver about not having a log
> book but charged him for not having done a pre trip inspection, for which
> the fine was about half. He freaked. I could have given him an AA
> charge(s) on the spot but didn't. Instead, I faxed the information to our
> safety auditors. They went into the company and did an audit on that
> driver and he ended up with a bunch of hours of work charges. He realized
> that it was his behaviour that had triggered the audit and he apologized.

lol

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Dunkin Donuts plans to honor the employees who handled her extreme
>rudeness and racial epithets with such grace. Meanwhile, this chick has
>lost her job. That sure backfired, didn't it? I really don't know what
>she thought she'd accomplish.

Yea, there is justice in the world after all ! ! !

>I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
>rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
>don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
>behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
>side? Nutjob.
>
>Jill

That's the problem. Some of these nutjobs think they are right and
they are handling this in a good way and will impress the rest of the
word with their skills and abilities.

I've done my share of customer service over the years. What customers
remember is not the problem, but how it was handled. It is possible
to have a problem and make that person a loyal customer due to a
positive experience. This nut probably made others in the store good
repeat customers out of empathy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 10:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
> rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
> don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
> behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
> side? Nutjob.

Just the way she was talkingtalkingtalking made me wonder what she was
on or if she's nuts. Sorry for the un-pc language. You couldn't listen
to it very long because it was just a monotonous load of drivel.

As far as I'm concerned, she deserves everything that came her way.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/06/2013 2:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> I've worked retail, I've worked in restaurants. Sure I've encountered
>> rudeness from customers. But I've never seen anything quite this. I
>> don't know why people think they can get away with this sort of
>> behaviour. Then to video it and believe people would actually be on her
>> side? Nutjob.
>>
>> Jill

> That's the problem. Some of these nutjobs think they are right and
> they are handling this in a good way and will impress the rest of the
> word with their skills and abilities.

It called delusional.

> I've done my share of customer service over the years. What customers
> remember is not the problem, but how it was handled. It is possible
> to have a problem and make that person a loyal customer due to a
> positive experience. This nut probably made others in the store good
> repeat customers out of empathy.

I do my best not to get involved when a person is dealing with an
irrational ass. I know that my intervention will only make things worse,
but once the jerk is gone I will say something to the clerk, just to let
him or her know that the person was a real jerk.

About a year ago I was in a bakery in a nearby town. The young lady
behind the counter was very pleasant and drop dead good looking. The guy
ahead of me had picked out a dozen donuts and a few other things that
she had put into boxes. Then he asked for a loaf of bread. She picked up
the bread and started to put it into a plastic bag. I don't know what
the hell set him off, but that was the point where he became irate. She
offered to put it in paper. Nope. He didn't want it know. She was
puzzled and he just got worse and worse. He paid for his other purchases
and stormed out. The boss came out from the back and she started to
apologize. I spoke up for her. The boss said not to worry. He is like
that will all the other girls and he usually looked after that customer
himself because he is so difficult.

You like to think that stores could just kick the jerks out and tell
them to stay out. The problem is that they are natural born whiners and
they will whine to all their friends.

My SiL has owned and managed womens wear stores and most have had good
refund policies. Whenever there is a gala event there were be lots of
fancy dresses sold. They will be worn to the galas and then returned.
They have to give them their money back. For some reason, they don't
want to offend the customers who they aren't making money from anyway.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 3:37 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> My SiL has owned and managed womens wear stores and most have had good
> refund policies. Whenever there is a gala event there were be lots of
> fancy dresses sold. They will be worn to the galas and then returned.
> They have to give them their money back. For some reason, they don't
> want to offend the customers who they aren't making money from anyway.

I worked at JC Penney when I was a teenager. I was forced (by a
manager) to accept the return of a pair of obviously worn blue jeans
that had a *Sears* label in them. The woman insisted she bought them
from Penney's, it didn't matter if the label said Sears. I wasn't rude
to her but I sure wasn't going to give her a refund without a receipt to
back up her obviously bogus claim. The manager wouldn't back me up.
The "customer" walked out of the store with cash. Me? I got a lecture
about how the customer is always right. Sorry but that's no way to run
a business.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 5:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/15/2013 3:37 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> My SiL has owned and managed womens wear stores and most have had good
>> refund policies. Whenever there is a gala event there were be lots of
>> fancy dresses sold. They will be worn to the galas and then returned.
>> They have to give them their money back. For some reason, they don't
>> want to offend the customers who they aren't making money from anyway.
>>

> I worked at JC Penney when I was a teenager. I was forced (by a
> manager) to accept the return of a pair of obviously worn blue jeans
> that had a *Sears* label in them. The woman insisted she bought them
> from Penney's, it didn't matter if the label said Sears. I wasn't rude
> to her but I sure wasn't going to give her a refund without a receipt to
> back up her obviously bogus claim. The manager wouldn't back me up. The
> "customer" walked out of the store with cash. Me? I got a lecture
> about how the customer is always right. Sorry but that's no way to run
> a business.
>
> Jill

Fast forward to today, Penney's is hanging on by a thread, likely
someone else's...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 2:36 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I've done my share of customer service over the years. What customers
> remember is not the problem, but how it was handled. It is possible
> to have a problem and make that person a loyal customer due to a
> positive experience. This nut probably made others in the store good
> repeat customers out of empathy.

I'm sure that's exactly what happened. It was obvious the couple of
customers she was trying to rope in while videoing her rant were having
nothing to do with it. They weren't about to jump on her bandwagon.
They looked decidedly uncomfortable. Probably went home and told their
grandkids, "This is NOT how you're supposed to act!"

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2013 6:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> I worked at JC Penney when I was a teenager. I was forced (by a
> manager) to accept the return of a pair of obviously worn blue jeans
> that had a *Sears* label in them. The woman insisted she bought them
> from Penney's, it didn't matter if the label said Sears. I wasn't rude
> to her but I sure wasn't going to give her a refund without a receipt to
> back up her obviously bogus claim. The manager wouldn't back me up.
> The "customer" walked out of the store with cash. Me? I got a lecture
> about how the customer is always right. Sorry but that's no way to run
> a business.

Returns are a whole 'nother story.

One guy would buy a lawnmower every April and return it every October.
Decided he didn't like it. I refused to give him a refund one year, he
took the mower home, drained the oil then ran it until it seized up...
then wrote a letter to the company and they authorized a full refund.
In my mind, he should have gone to jail for fraud.

In May/June, we could count on multiple returns of prom dresses... AFTER
the local proms were over.

The couple who returned their stereo system after 3 months bought an
expensive vacuum cleaner. Brought that back a week later.... and took
the refund and bought another stereo system.

My favorite was the little old lady who "fell down" and broke her
glasses... every year. She was never hurt, no one ever saw her fall and
all she wanted was for us to buy her new glasses.

So here is some retail blasphemy... but he customer is not always right.
There are some companies who will absorb a loss to make a customer
happy and avoid further complications, but the idea that because someone
has $$$ and is able to buy something doesn't make them infallible... and
it never means that a store employee has to let themselves be abused by
anyone.

George L
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:25:13 -0500, George Leppla
> wrote:

>Returns are a whole 'nother story.
>
>One guy would buy a lawnmower every April and return it every October.
>Decided he didn't like it. I refused to give him a refund one year, he
>took the mower home, drained the oil then ran it until it seized up...
>then wrote a letter to the company and they authorized a full refund.
>In my mind, he should have gone to jail for fraud.
>
>In May/June, we could count on multiple returns of prom dresses... AFTER
>the local proms were over.
>
>The couple who returned their stereo system after 3 months bought an
>expensive vacuum cleaner. Brought that back a week later.... and took
>the refund and bought another stereo system.

What ****es me off about it is, the store does not pay for it. We all
do. I'd rather see more sensible policies and lower prices.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2013 9:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:25:13 -0500, George Leppla
> > wrote:
>

>> Returns are a whole 'nother story.
>>
>> One guy would buy a lawnmower every April and return it every October.
>> Decided he didn't like it. I refused to give him a refund one year, he
>> took the mower home, drained the oil then ran it until it seized up...
>> then wrote a letter to the company and they authorized a full refund.
>> In my mind, he should have gone to jail for fraud.
>>
>> In May/June, we could count on multiple returns of prom dresses... AFTER
>> the local proms were over.

That's been going on for a long time. I appreciate a good, reasonable
return policy but that is such an *obvious* scam.

> What ****es me off about it is, the store does not pay for it. We all
> do. I'd rather see more sensible policies and lower prices.

Yes, we all pay for it. But criminally minded people don't think about
things like that. Any way to get a freebie, that's what they're about.

Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:13:17 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
>getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
>sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
>food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.
>
>Jill

The policy is common. It keeps the help reasonably honest. They can't
pocked the cash for the coffee or burger.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2013 10:32 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:13:17 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>

>> Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
>> getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
>> sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
>> food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.
>>
>> Jill

> The policy is common. It keeps the help reasonably honest. They can't
> pocked the cash for the coffee or burger.

Ahhh, okay. I get that. Too bad they can't trust the "help".

I worked at a vending company for a year. Snack and drink vending
machines. It's a HUGE business. I was the route accounting supervisor.
My department kept track of inventory pulled/vs sold/vs spoilage/vs
cash sales for each route and each route driver.

The woman who had been running the "cash room" for 12 years found a way
to embezzle money. (Vending machines are a cash & dollar bill
business.) She was a trusted employee who had been stealing from them
for years.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:13:17 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>

>>Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
>>getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
>>sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
>>food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.
>>
>>Jill

> The policy is common. It keeps the help reasonably honest. They can't
> pocked the cash for the coffee or burger.

yes, but the policy is for that same meal, not a free meal some other day.
Who can prove you didn't get a receipt several days past?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 11:09:15 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Ahhh, okay. I get that. Too bad they can't trust the "help".

Some years ago I met a guy with a 17 year old daughter that worked for
one of the big chain pharmacies like CVS or Rite Aid. He told me she
often brought home cosmetics for herself. He thought it was OK since
they only paid her minimum wage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 16/06/2013 10:13 AM, jmcquown wrote:

> Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
> getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
> sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
> food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.

It is a silly policy. It would be different if she had asked for one and
they would not give it. Without the receipt, how would they even know
what her order had been.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 6/16/2013 9:04 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On Sun, 16 Jun 2013 07:25:13 -0500, George Leppla
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> Returns are a whole 'nother story.
>>>
>>> One guy would buy a lawnmower every April and return it every October.
>>> Decided he didn't like it. I refused to give him a refund one year, he
>>> took the mower home, drained the oil then ran it until it seized up...
>>> then wrote a letter to the company and they authorized a full refund.
>>> In my mind, he should have gone to jail for fraud.
>>>
>>> In May/June, we could count on multiple returns of prom dresses... AFTER
>>> the local proms were over.

>That's been going on for a long time. I appreciate a good, reasonable
>return policy but that is such an *obvious* scam.
>
>> What ****es me off about it is, the store does not pay for it. We all
>> do. I'd rather see more sensible policies and lower prices.
>>

>Yes, we all pay for it. But criminally minded people don't think about
>things like that. Any way to get a freebie, that's what they're about.
>
>Getting back to the nutjob with the Dunkin Donuts rant... the policy of
>getting your order free if you don't get a receipt doesn't make any
>sense. Who the heck even notices if you don't get a receipt for fast
>food? I'd be changing that policy toot sweet.
>
>Jill

Giving a receipt keeps the employees from stealing. Without a
receipt, the employee could pocket the cash.

I used to stop on the way home from work and get Popeye chicken. One
guy at the window would charge me 5.03 (without ringing it up) for the
order. (That 5 bucks was going in his pocket) I bought the same thing
enough times to know it was 6.30.

After the 3rd time, I called and reported him.