Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Coolest salt shaker ever

I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:

http://bugasalt.com/

I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
me a Bug-A-Salt gun.

I've been wanting one of these things for 2 yrs, but they were one of
those crowd funded projects that hadda be finalized and brought to
mkt, etc. They look pretty solid, now, so I ordered one. It was
created to kill flies, but youtube vids claim they will down a wasp.
Count me in! If regular table salt won't do the trick, I'll load it
with kosher salt. Must be like buckshot to a fly or wasp. OBfood:
Who knows, I may even use it on food. Take aim at a bowl of beans and
blast away. I can't wait. Literally. I think I'll make up a mess o'
ham n' butter beans, today.

$$$$ saving tip:

Use the coupon code. I did and it saved me the $10 shipping fee.
Looks like the codes on fleecebook work, currently. That's where I
googled mine. Today's code: ARMPOPS (how appropriate)

Die, fly!! Burn in Hell, you stripey assed bastid! LOL....

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>
> http://bugasalt.com/
>
> I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
> my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
> almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
> CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
> down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
> me a Bug-A-Salt gun.
>
> I've been wanting one of these things for 2 yrs, but they were one of
> those crowd funded projects that hadda be finalized and brought to
> mkt, etc. They look pretty solid, now, so I ordered one. It was
> created to kill flies, but youtube vids claim they will down a wasp.
> Count me in! If regular table salt won't do the trick, I'll load it
> with kosher salt. Must be like buckshot to a fly or wasp. OBfood:
> Who knows, I may even use it on food. Take aim at a bowl of beans and
> blast away. I can't wait. Literally. I think I'll make up a mess o'
> ham n' butter beans, today.
>
> $$$$ saving tip:
>
> Use the coupon code. I did and it saved me the $10 shipping fee.
> Looks like the codes on fleecebook work, currently. That's where I
> googled mine. Today's code: ARMPOPS (how appropriate)
>
> Die, fly!! Burn in Hell, you stripey assed bastid! LOL....
>
> nb

LMAO! I looked at that website. The gun looks very cool! hahaha

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:38:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:

> notbob wrote:
> >
> > I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
> >
> > http://bugasalt.com/
> >
> > I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
> > my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
> > almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
> > CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
> > down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
> > me a Bug-A-Salt gun.

<snip>

> LMAO! I looked at that website. The gun looks very cool! hahaha

His aim had better be good because if he only grazes that wasp, it's
going to be mad as hell and come after him. A better way of dealing
with them is to find the nest and eliminate it. If they're on the
interior of the house it's nearby or maybe even inside the walls of
his home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
>I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>
> http://bugasalt.com/
>
> I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
> my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
> almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
> CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
> down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
> me a Bug-A-Salt gun.
>
> I've been wanting one of these things for 2 yrs, but they were one of
> those crowd funded projects that hadda be finalized and brought to
> mkt, etc. They look pretty solid, now, so I ordered one. It was
> created to kill flies, but youtube vids claim they will down a wasp.
> Count me in! If regular table salt won't do the trick, I'll load it
> with kosher salt. Must be like buckshot to a fly or wasp. OBfood:
> Who knows, I may even use it on food. Take aim at a bowl of beans and
> blast away. I can't wait. Literally. I think I'll make up a mess o'
> ham n' butter beans, today.
>
> $$$$ saving tip:
>
> Use the coupon code. I did and it saved me the $10 shipping fee.
> Looks like the codes on fleecebook work, currently. That's where I
> googled mine. Today's code: ARMPOPS (how appropriate)
>
> Die, fly!! Burn in Hell, you stripey assed bastid! LOL....
>
> nb

I can only imagine that it is banned in California.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2013 11:01 AM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:38:30 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> notbob wrote:
>>>
>>> I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>>>
>>> http://bugasalt.com/
>>>
>>> I douched 2 wasps yesterday with Raid Wasp and Hornet Killer ...inside
>>> my house! I fear wasps even more than spiders, probably cuz I was
>>> almost stung to death by a nest of 'em when I was 4 yrs old. Anyway,
>>> CO is positively lousy with the damn things and I'm tired of hosing
>>> down my interior windows with poisinous insecticides. Soooo... I got
>>> me a Bug-A-Salt gun.
>>>

> <snip>
>>
>> LMAO! I looked at that website. The gun looks very cool! hahaha
>>

> His aim had better be good because if he only grazes that wasp, it's
> going to be mad as hell and come after him. A better way of dealing
> with them is to find the nest and eliminate it. If they're on the
> interior of the house it's nearby or maybe even inside the walls of
> his home.

Wasps and hornets are scary crazy stinging insects. I do not have the
least bit of hesitation using chemicals to keep them away from the
house. Ditto yellow-jackets.

I went out to get the mail the other day and a mud wasp had started
building a nest on the front door. I didn't use chemicals but I knocked
it off then hosed the area down. Fortunately I'm not allergic. But
getting stung by wasps/hornets and yellow-jackets is painful and I don't
want them building homes under the eaves or around the doorway.

Hukk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>
> http://bugasalt.com/

This is where it's at:
http://www.harborfreight.com/electro...ter-40122.html

Works beautifully and frequently on sale for $2.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/23/2013 11:01 AM, sf wrote:

> > <snip>
> >>
> >> LMAO! I looked at that website. The gun looks very cool! hahaha
> >>

> > His aim had better be good because if he only grazes that wasp, it's
> > going to be mad as hell and come after him. A better way of dealing
> > with them is to find the nest and eliminate it. If they're on the
> > interior of the house it's nearby or maybe even inside the walls of
> > his home.
> >

> Wasps and hornets are scary crazy stinging insects. I do not have the
> least bit of hesitation using chemicals to keep them away from the
> house. Ditto yellow-jackets.
>
> I went out to get the mail the other day and a mud wasp had started
> building a nest on the front door. I didn't use chemicals but I knocked
> it off then hosed the area down. Fortunately I'm not allergic. But
> getting stung by wasps/hornets and yellow-jackets is painful and I don't
> want them building homes under the eaves or around the doorway.
>
> Hukk

Those mud daubers aren't generally known to sting, but they do make a
hell of a mess. Pretty amazing though how they build such a big nest
such a tiny bit at a time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-05-23, jmcquown > wrote:

> least bit of hesitation using chemicals to keep them away from the

Yep. We have two small sheds and the doors are not a seal-tight fit.
The damn wasps seek out a crack and literally crawl their way into
this shed to build a nest. As soon as I see any activity, I set off
an insecticide bomb and kill 'em all. Usually gotta do it twice per
season. I've never seen so many different kinds of wasps and hornets
as here in CO. I saw one that looked like a flying guernsey cow!
Sucker was black and white, furry, and huge! Fortunately, those are
pretty rare. It's those damn dangly-legged yel/blk suckers that are
the most common. I have cans of Raid stashed all over the place and
carry two on my hip. I can shoot 'em down in mid-flight.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2013-05-23, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> least bit of hesitation using chemicals to keep them away from the

> Yep. We have two small sheds and the doors are not a seal-tight fit.
> The damn wasps seek out a crack and literally crawl their way into
> this shed to build a nest. As soon as I see any activity, I set off
> an insecticide bomb and kill 'em all. Usually gotta do it twice per
> season. I've never seen so many different kinds of wasps and hornets
> as here in CO. I saw one that looked like a flying guernsey cow!
> Sucker was black and white, furry, and huge! Fortunately, those are
> pretty rare. It's those damn dangly-legged yel/blk suckers that are
> the most common. I have cans of Raid stashed all over the place and
> carry two on my hip. I can shoot 'em down in mid-flight.
>
> nb

I just pictured you in a six-gun rig, with swatters as the six guns, and
cans of raid as the cartridges along the back of the belt. And steely eyes,
of course. I hear some music starting up . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/23/2013 12:19 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On 23 May 2013 13:28:04 GMT, notbob wrote:
>
>> I jes ordered my Bug-A-Salt gun:
>>
>> http://bugasalt.com/

> I can see using this on snails. Snails love salt.
>
> -sw

They also love beer. Just set out some saucers of beer and they'll
drink themselves to death.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-05-23, jmcquown > wrote:

> They also love beer. Just set out some saucers of beer and they'll
> drink themselves to death.

Heck. I can do that.

nb