Old 08-12-2006, 12:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The coolest bosses ever!

Gotta brag a little- yesterday we had our office Xmas party-there's
only 11 of us. We had our usual holiday potluck-lots of great food,
except for the same two guys- one brings a bag or two of chips, and the
other, a shrimp ring. EVERY TIME!! Anyhow, my boss and her husband, who
also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few months ago,
they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come over and prep
some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the sandwich board
type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She said what color
would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my package, along with
the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for a months
salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

Old 08-12-2006, 12:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb said...

Gotta brag a little- yesterday we had our office Xmas party-there's
only 11 of us. We had our usual holiday potluck-lots of great food,
except for the same two guys- one brings a bag or two of chips, and the
other, a shrimp ring. EVERY TIME!! Anyhow, my boss and her husband, who
also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few months ago,
they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come over and prep
some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the sandwich board
type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She said what color
would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my package, along with
the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for a months
salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

A tad early for a Christmas party!

Nice $$$ bonus!

Are they going to close for business from Christmas eve day through New
Years like a GOOD company should?

Andy

Old 08-12-2006, 12:44 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
merryb said...

[...]

No, but that's ok-planning on surprising my 9 year old with a trip to
Disneynand mid January. He's never even been on an airplane, so it will
be really exciting for him to find out we aren't dropping his grandma
off at the airport, she's dropping us! I guess he'll figure it out when
we get out of the car and get luggage out of the trunk. I love being
sneaky!

Old 08-12-2006, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
Anyhow, my boss and her
husband, who also own the company, proceeded to pass out gifts. A few
months ago, they had a party at their house,and they asked me to come
over and prep some stuff for them. I used one of their aprons, the
sandwich board type that ties at the sides, and commented on it. She
said what color would you like?So, I recieved a nice red one in my
package, along with the Penzey's gift box for Bakers, and a check for
a months salary.Wow(refer back to name of this thread)!

Well, that's nice for sure! But they did wrangle you into coming over to
prep food for a party you weren't invited to. So of course you should be
paid for that. And of course you should be given a little something; a
Penzey's gift box is nice

I was once sent home from work packing a huge ham. The boss' mom insisted
everyone needed a ham. LOL

Jill

Old 08-12-2006, 04:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

Are they going to close for business from Christmas eve day through New
Years like a GOOD company should?

Andy

Unfortunately places like the big box stores that are open 24x7 have
really ruined the idea of holidays...

Old 08-12-2006, 05:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
merryb wrote:
[...]

No, they hired me and paid me well. He used to be a cook, and it was
his idea to get the Penzeys- last year I recieved the Mexican gift box.

Old 09-12-2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Dec 2006 08:22:21 -0800, "merryb" wrote:

jmcquown wrote:
merryb wrote:
[...]

They sound terrific, Merryb. It's a wonderful thing to work for
people you like and respect, and who treat you in kind.

TammyM
Old 09-12-2006, 05:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

George Scrooge wrote:

Unfortunately places like the big box stores that are open 24x7 have
really ruined the idea of holidays...

Spoken like a true cheap *******.

Bah! Humbug!

Shelodn