Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Condiments?

If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
would be salsa. Or mayo.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 15, 2:59*pm, Ema Nymton > wrote:
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? *Mine
> would be salsa. *Or mayo.
>
> Becca

Hot, sweet mustard because its good on almost anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
> Becca

I would fight to the death for the full range of condiments of my choice.
What a silly question.

If you were a fruit, what fruit would you be . . .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:

> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.

Pooh? Is that you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 May 2013 14:59:01 -0500, Ema Nymton >
wrote:

>If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>would be salsa. Or mayo.

Mae Ploy-
[thanks, Steve]

Jim
[and I reserve the right to garnish with mustard seeds, assorted
vegetables, and an assortment of oils.<g>]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:59:01 PM UTC-4, Ema Nymton wrote:
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>

> Becca

This is like asking for your favorite song, movie or book. Gee, must I choose?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2013 3:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
> Becca

Aren't pepper and salt condiments that one could hardly do without?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 5/15/2013 3:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>>
>> Becca

> Aren't pepper and salt condiments that one could hardly do without?

Salt would have been my first choice, but try to be careful not to get egg
on my face ... )

O who often gets things wrong
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2013 5:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message
>> On 5/15/2013 3:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>>> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>>> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>>>
>>> Becca

>> Aren't pepper and salt condiments that one could hardly do without?

> Salt would have been my first choice, but try to be careful not to get
> egg on my face ... )
>
> O who often gets things wrong

Is salt a condiment? Or a seasoning?

I could live without the things I consider "condiments" (such as
prepared mustard, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and most definitely
salsa!). But not salt.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2013 5:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/15/2013 5:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Is salt a condiment? Or a seasoning?

That's the word. I don't think of salt or pepper as a condiment.

> I could live without the things I consider "condiments" (such as
> prepared mustard, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and most definitely
> salsa!). But not salt.

I would not be happy without mayo.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 5/15/2013 3:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>>
>> Becca

> Aren't pepper and salt condiments that one could hardly do without?

That is TWO you only get ONE. Why? I have no idea!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 5/15/2013 5:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 5/15/2013 5:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>> Is salt a condiment? Or a seasoning?

> That's the word. I don't think of salt or pepper as a condiment.
>>
>> I could live without the things I consider "condiments" (such as
>> prepared mustard, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and most definitely
>> salsa!). But not salt.

> I would not be happy without mayo.

We call salt a condiment. Yes it is a seasoning too, but that doesn't stop
it being a condiment.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/05/2013 3:59 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.

One? Wow. That's tough. I am not hung up on any single condiment and
often don't bother. My wife rarely uses them. If you are going to force
me to make a choice..... curry ketchup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15/05/2013 4:20 PM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Ema Nymton wrote:
>
>> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>> would be salsa. Or mayo.

> Pooh? Is that you?

Not likely. His childish nature suggests to me that he would prefer
something with marshmallows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/15/2013 6:05 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 5/15/2013 5:45 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Is salt a condiment? Or a seasoning?

> That's the word. I don't think of salt or pepper as a condiment.
>>
>> I could live without the things I consider "condiments" (such as
>> prepared mustard, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and most definitely
>> salsa!). But not salt.

> I would not be happy without mayo.
>
> nancy

Retraction. (Nancy, avert your eyes, you don't like fishy stuff.) I
often use mayo in place of sour cream in things like salmon cakes and
when baking fish. So yes, I guess I'd want to keep the mayo.

Also salt and pepper, but I don't think of those things as condiments.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ema Nymton wrote:
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
> Becca

I really only use two for myself on a regular basis. Salsa and ketchup. So
I'd go for the salsa since I suppose I could dip my fries in it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ema Nymton" > wrote in message
> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
> Becca

Good Ranch Dressing.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 May 2013 17:45:45 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/15/2013 5:21 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> Aren't pepper and salt condiments that one could hardly do without?

>> Salt would have been my first choice, but try to be careful not to get
>> egg on my face ... )
>>
>> O who often gets things wrong

>Is salt a condiment? Or a seasoning?
>
>I could live without the things I consider "condiments" (such as
>prepared mustard, tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and most definitely
>salsa!). But not salt.
>
>Jill

Salt is a seasoning... most condiments contain salt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
>Becca

Use more ketchup than anything else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 15 May 2013 18:22:00 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> curry ketchup.

You can buy that stuff in Canada?

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ema Nymton View Post
If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
would be salsa. Or mayo.

Becca
I would have to pick Horsey Sauce from Arbys. That stuff is good on anything. Have heard of folks who just squirt it into their mouths from the package. Bet it would be good like that too..open up the old head..sinus's etc.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Ema Nymton > wrote:

> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>
> Becca

Heinz Ketchup, of course.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/19/2013 9:22 PM, Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article >,
> Ema Nymton > wrote:
>
>> If you could only have one condiment, which one would you choose? Mine
>> would be salsa. Or mayo.
>>
>> Becca

> Heinz Ketchup, of course.

Naturally, Stan! LTNS.