Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Condiments You Eat Right Out Of The Bottle Or Jar

I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
(Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
if you want to know the gruesome details.)

I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.

Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
how did you solve it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta DrI'm having a real hard time not eating Trader

Joe's Greek Style Feta
Dressing right out of the bottle. (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of
my hand first, if you want to know the gruesome details.) I'm seriously
questioning whether I should buy any more of this stuff because it's
pretty fattening, especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle. Anyone else have a problem like
this, and if so, how did you solve it? essing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

I dont shop at stores i know stock those little cans of chocolate frosting.

--
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

If you eat enough of something to get sick from it,
you won't want to eat any more of it for a very long time.

Of course that's the hard way. The other way is called
self control. ;-)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

For me it's peanut butter. Much more fattening, and it causes digestive
upset but that doesn't stop me when I get a "craving". No idea how to stop
it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2010-05-30, Mark Thorson > wrote:

> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Tell yourself it has canola oil, MSG, HFCS, hydrogenated oils, etc,
and all that other crap you drone on and on that we should avoid.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Mark Thorson wrote:
> > I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> > Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> > (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> > if you want to know the gruesome details.)
> >
> > I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> > more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> > especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> > in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
> >
> > Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> > how did you solve it?

> If you eat enough of something to get sick from it,
> you won't want to eat any more of it for a very long time.
>
> Of course that's the hard way. The other way is called
> self control. ;-)
>
> gloria p

A good example was one I was just discussing with dad a minute or so
ago. Corn on the cob. Even a single ear has caused horribly painful gut
cramps recently. I'll never touch another ear of it for the rest of my
life...

Why eat something that makes you sick?

The fact that I love the taste and texture does not make it worth the
pain.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Cheryl" > wrote:

> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> > I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> > Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> > (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> > if you want to know the gruesome details.)
> >
> > I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> > more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> > especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> > in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
> >
> > Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> > how did you solve it?

> For me it's peanut butter. Much more fattening, and it causes digestive
> upset but that doesn't stop me when I get a "craving". No idea how to stop
> it.

Try substituting other nut butters???
--
Peace! Om

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 4:55*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. *It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Nutella, hands down. Best way to combat it is just not stock it.

Kris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
On May 30, 4:55 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Nutella, hands down. Best way to combat it is just not stock it.

Kris

Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff. Took tiny
finger of two-year picky eater (his mom tells him and everyone else it's a
"texture" thing.....she doesn't like it so he shouldn't eat it) and stuck it
in the jar of Nutella, then the toasted fluff.......he wanted to then stick
his whole arm in the jar(s).....Now Gramma makes him Nutella and Fluff
sammies to wind him up to send home with Mommy.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Lea & Perrin's W-sauce. It's not fattening and I don't swig it very
often, so it's not really a problem <g>

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 30, 3:55*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)

What a gluttonous slob. I can just imagine your fat ass standing in
front of the refrigerator, slurping bottled dressing from your greasy
paw. So ****ing gross.

> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. *It's 880 calories per bottle.

Right. You probably buy the shit by the case, you pig.

> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Never had that problem, but for you I'd suggest electroshock therapy.
Or a lobotomy. Preferably both.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote on Sun, 30 May 2010 20:05:29 -0500:

>> Mark Thorson wrote:
> >> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> >> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> >> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> >> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
> >>
> >> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> >> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> >> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> >> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
> >>
> >> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> >> how did you solve it?

>> If you eat enough of something to get sick from it,
>> you won't want to eat any more of it for a very long time.
>>
>> Of course that's the hard way. The other way is called
>> self control. ;-)
>>
>> gloria p

> A good example was one I was just discussing with dad a minute
> or so ago. Corn on the cob. Even a single ear has caused
> horribly painful gut cramps recently. I'll never touch
> another ear of it for the rest of my life...

Is a British "Pickle" ("chutney" in US terms, I think) a condiment? I
have to admit that I will sneak a teaspoonful of Branston Pickle once in
a while and I may eat more of it that way than as an accompaniment to
cold meats.
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> how did you solve it?

Marshmallow Fluff

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Kris" > wrote in message
> On May 30, 4:55 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
>> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
>> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
>> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
>> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>>
>> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
>> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
>> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
>> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>>
>> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
>> how did you solve it?

> Nutella, hands down. Best way to combat it is just not stock it.
>
> Kris
>
> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff. Took tiny
> finger of two-year picky eater (his mom tells him and everyone else it's a
> "texture" thing.....she doesn't like it so he shouldn't eat it) and stuck
> it in the jar of Nutella, then the toasted fluff.......he wanted to then
> stick his whole arm in the jar(s).....Now Gramma makes him Nutella and
> Fluff sammies to wind him up to send home with Mommy.
> -ginny

Ginny...you're evil!! I like you....BEG ............Gramma Sharon in
Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> On 2010-05-30, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> >
> > Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
> > how did you solve it?

> Tell yourself it has canola oil, MSG, HFCS, hydrogenated oils, etc,
> and all that other crap you drone on and on that we should avoid.

There's nothing wrong with canola oil, and it
doesn't have any of those other ingrediants.
It is pure goodness, made with love.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

zxcvbob wrote:

> Lea & Perrin's W-sauce. It's not fattening and I don't swig it very
> often, so it's not really a problem <g>

If you're down to half a bottle a day,
you're all right.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff.

Toasted fluff in a jar? I love the regular stuff fluff in a jar - how
is this different?

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff. Took tiny
> finger of two-year picky eater (his mom tells him and everyone else it's a
> "texture" thing.....she doesn't like it so he shouldn't eat it) and stuck it
> in the jar of Nutella, then the toasted fluff.......he wanted to then stick
> his whole arm in the jar(s).....Now Gramma makes him Nutella and Fluff
> sammies to wind him up to send home with Mommy.
> -ginny

<snort>

you know how to show a young man a good time.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>
> > Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff.

> Toasted fluff in a jar? I love the regular stuff fluff in a jar - how
> is this different?

It is the crack cocaine of marshmallow fluff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:55:48 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
>Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
>(Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
>if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>
>I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
>more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
>especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
>in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>
>Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
>how did you solve it?

Preserved lemons. When I cook using them, I get out some extra to
nibble on.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

www.kokoscornerblog.com
updated 05/31/10

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff. Took tiny
> finger of two-year picky eater (his mom tells him and everyone else it's a
> "texture" thing.....she doesn't like it so he shouldn't eat it) and stuck it
> in the jar of Nutella, then the toasted fluff.......he wanted to then stick
> his whole arm in the jar(s).....Now Gramma makes him Nutella and Fluff
> sammies to wind him up to send home with Mommy.
> -ginny

1. You are an evil Grandma.

2. That sounds like a pretty good combination to me.

What brand is the toasted marshmallow Fluff?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > wrote:
>
>> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff.

> Toasted fluff in a jar? I love the regular stuff fluff in a jar - how
> is this different?
>
> --
> Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.

It is supposed to taste like 'toasted' marshmallows, unlike the 'raw' ones
in regular fluff. Solo makes it. I saw it one day and thought 'why
not'.....now I have a 14 year old and a 2 year old addict on my
hands....(daughter makes Nutella and fluff on days school lunch is 'chicken
runovers' ).
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 21:37:38 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff.

> > Toasted fluff in a jar? I love the regular stuff fluff in a jar - how
> > is this different?
> >

> It is supposed to taste like 'toasted' marshmallows, unlike the 'raw' ones
> in regular fluff. Solo makes it. I saw it one day and thought 'why
> not'.....now I have a 14 year old and a 2 year old addict on my
> hands....(daughter makes Nutella and fluff on days school lunch is 'chicken
> runovers' ).
> -ginny

I'm thinking I may have to look into it soon!

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 May 2010 11:39:09 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 30 May 2010 23:34:50 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Local grocer started stocking a 'toasted' marshmallow fluff.

> > Toasted fluff in a jar? I love the regular stuff fluff in a jar - how
> > is this different?

> It is the crack cocaine of marshmallow fluff.

Heh. *Now* I'm interested.

--
Forget the health food. I need all the preservatives I can get.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/30/2010 6:33 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
>> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
>> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
>> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>>
>> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
>> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
>> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
>> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>>
>> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
>> how did you solve it?

> For me it's peanut butter. Much more fattening, and it causes digestive
> upset but that doesn't stop me when I get a "craving". No idea how to
> stop it.

But peanut butter is not a condiment! Sheesh.

Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "Mark Thorson" > wrote:
>
>> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
>> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
>> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
>> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>>
>> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
>> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
>> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
>> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.

Nutella must have more than twice that many calories per bottle. The
stuff is seriously addictive. My main recipe for it is a spoon. Sigh.
It's nice enough on wheat-free toast but somehow never seems to survive
long enough to get into a recipe more complex than that.

>> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
>> how did you solve it?

> Marshmallow Fluff

I solve my Nutella problem by not buying a jar every year. Unlike a
real addiction the cravings for it go away when the insulin surge is
gone a day or two later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2010 9:25 AM, Kswck wrote:
> "Mark > wrote in message
>> I'm having a real hard time not eating Trader Joe's
>> Greek Style Feta Dressing right out of the bottle.
>> (Actually, I pour it onto the palm of my hand first,
>> if you want to know the gruesome details.)
>>
>> I'm seriously questioning whether I should buy any
>> more of this stuff because it's pretty fattening,
>> especially if you eat half a bottle or a whole bottle
>> in a day. It's 880 calories per bottle.
>>
>> Anyone else have a problem like this, and if so,
>> how did you solve it?

> Marshmallow Fluff

It's not a condiment! This is something I like to
eat right out of the jar. But since it's not a
condiment that really doesn't apply to this thread.
Kate