Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Consumer Reports Slams SLop's Blender

On Sun, 5 May 2013 19:23:45 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Even if it is bad blender, I almost never agree with Consumer Reports'
>reviews. A lot of times the features they like in a product are the
>things I don't like or want, and the things they consider to be
>disadvantages are things that don't bother me.

Stopped reading them years ago for just that reason. Some of their
disadvantages would be my favorite feature.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2013 5:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> > wrote:
>> Even if it is bad blender, I almost never agree with Consumer Reports'
>> reviews. A lot of times the features they like in a product are the
>> things I don't like or want, and the things they consider to be
>> disadvantages are things that don't bother me.

> Stopped reading them years ago for just that reason. Some of their
> disadvantages would be my favorite feature.

+1
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/6/2013 8:52 AM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 5/6/2013 5:55 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> > wrote:
>>> Even if it is bad blender, I almost never agree with Consumer Reports'
>>> reviews. A lot of times the features they like in a product are the
>>> things I don't like or want, and the things they consider to be
>>> disadvantages are things that don't bother me.

>> Stopped reading them years ago for just that reason. Some of their
>> disadvantages would be my favorite feature.
>>

> +1

You two might like to have my all-purpose Consumer Reports post.

I admit that I was provoked by posts concerning the review of digital
cameras in the news group rec.photo.digital. It is also true that there
were posts supporting Consumer Reports as well but anyway, here it is.

The All-Purpose Recent Consumer Reports Review Of Widgets

*All bold text (between asterisks in a plain text view) should be
replaced by your own choice or deleted as appropriate*.

The latest issue of Consumer Reports has a new review of *widgets*. As
ever, Consumer Reports misses the important points familiar to we
serious professional *widget* users. For example, Consumer Reports does
not take into account significant aspects like *colors of widgets*.
Anyone who really needs to choose a *widget* would of course go to the
*Widget Review* for information and for reviewers that we all know are
not influenced by commercial considerations.

Of course, Consumer Reports is suitable for reviews of less important
things like *cameras, cars, refrigerators, computers etc* for ordinary
users and amateurs but, as we experts all know, Consumer Reports has its
own agenda and a notorious bias against *widgets*.

*Optional Common Pugnacious Insults taken from the net that could be
added:*

*Consumer Reports is probably OK for Joe Sixpack - just not for anyone
with room temperature IQ and any knowledge of subject matter.*

*They've never taught me a thing - and they have, to my knowledge,
completely and totally ignored Linux.*

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.