Bo Hica

Default Consumer Reports June 03(?)

Looking for a copy or even just a scanned JPG of the Consumer Reports
ratings of gas grills from LAST year. I got this year's version.
Specifically, any information on the Jenn-Air JA460P (Canadian made) - which
was supposedly a highly rated grill in that issue. I believe it was June
03, but again, I don't have it, so who knows.

Please remove the nospam to reply directly, any help appreciated, or post on
ABF and reply here (?).

Note to the "real Q'ers", I'm not abandoning charcoal, see other post about
that topic....

- Bo

cory

Bo Hica wrote:
> Looking for a copy or even just a scanned JPG of the Consumer Reports
> ratings of gas grills from LAST year. I got this year's version.
> Specifically, any information on the Jenn-Air JA460P (Canadian made) - which
> was supposedly a highly rated grill in that issue. I believe it was June
> 03, but again, I don't have it, so who knows.
>
> Please remove the nospam to reply directly, any help appreciated, or post on
> ABF and reply here (?).
>
> Note to the "real Q'ers", I'm not abandoning charcoal, see other post about
> that topic....
>
> - Bo

I'm emailing you something that will help. Also, it appears that the
June issue has a review of grills, and the 461P was rated #1.
Dave Bugg

Bo Hica wrote:

> Note to the "real Q'ers", I'm not abandoning charcoal, see other post
> about that topic....

Heck, Bo, we have posts about grillin' going on, and most of us also have
grills, so no need to 'splain :-)
Dave

Bo Hica

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Bo Hica wrote:
>
> > Note to the "real Q'ers", I'm not abandoning charcoal, see other post
> > about that topic....

> Heck, Bo, we have posts about grillin' going on, and most of us also have
> grills, so no need to 'splain :-)
> Dave

Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills. While I've owned gas
grills in the past, I prefer charcoal and have been using that exclusively
for the last 7 years or so. I've decided that there's no reason one has to
do one or the other, so I plan to start doing both.

- Bo

Duwop

Bo Hica wrote:

> Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
> traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

Only when they post say, "that real BBQ flavor that comes from burning fats
on the hot lava rocks" or something silly like that.

Dave Bugg

Bo Hica wrote:

> Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
> traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a regular
'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good rolling off the
tongue :-) Is that your real name?
Dave

JD

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message

> Bo Hica wrote:
>
>> Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
>> traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

> Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a
> regular 'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good
> rolling off the tongue :-) Is that your real name?
> Dave

It's an acronym which stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again. It was
popular on buttons during union contract negotiations.

JD

Dave Bugg

JD wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
>
>> Bo Hica wrote:
>>
>>> Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
>>> traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

>> Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a
>> regular 'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good
>> rolling off the tongue :-) Is that your real name?
>> Dave

> It's an acronym which stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again. It was
> popular on buttons during union contract negotiations.

LOL!!!

bbq

Dave Bugg wrote:

> JD wrote:

>>>Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a
>>>regular 'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good
>>>rolling off the tongue :-) Is that your real name?
>>>Dave

>>It's an acronym which stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again. It was
>>popular on buttons during union contract negotiations.

I heard of a union that passed out condoms during negotiations 'cause
they were getting screwed'. Could never get that kind of activity going
in the union I was a part of.

> LOL!!!

Me too.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Bo Hica

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> Bo Hica wrote:
>
> > Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
> > traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

> Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a

regular
> 'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good rolling off the
> tongue :-) Is that your real name?
> Dave

Heh - well as JD mentioned, it's not my real name. I have used it as an
alias for years though, I have magazine subscriptions (freebies), grocery
discount cards, etc all with the Bo monniker. Bo gets nearly as much mail
as me, and all the good free stuff one signs up for. Heck, Bo even has his
own frequent flyer account (which will never be useful) and as a result has
been preapproved for several credit card offers.

- Bo (yeh, right)

Bo Hica

"JD" > wrote in message
> "Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
>
> > Bo Hica wrote:
> >
> >> Well yeah Dave - but a I've seen a few flames from some of the
> >> traditionalists to newibes posting about gas grills.

> > Well, everyone has their grumpy days :-) Besides, you've gotta be a
> > regular 'cause I like saying the name Bo Hica ... it sounds good
> > rolling off the tongue :-) Is that your real name?
> > Dave

> It's an acronym which stands for Bend Over Here It Comes Again. It was
> popular on buttons during union contract negotiations.
>
> JD

Interseting, I never heard the labor angle but it's an acronym nearly
universally recognized amongst military and ex-mlitary folk.

- Bo

Duwop

bill wrote:

> So long as you don't confuse grilling with 'Cueing and 'Cueing
> with grilling, ther shouldn't be a problem. When in doubt, just
> remeber that it's not the chalice from the palace, or the flagon
> with the dragon, but the vessel with the pessel that holds the brew
> that is true.
>
> Bill

Yes! The Duchess dove at the Duke just when the Duke dove at the Douge. Now
the Duke ducked, the Doge dodged, and the Duchess didn't. So the Duke got
the Duchess, the Duchess got the Doge, and the Doge got the Duke!