Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Green Pan

I bought one today. Stand by. If you hear me screaming, it means
hubby managed to kill it. Bought the Green Pan from BB&B with a 20%
off coupon, went to Grocery Outlet next and discovered they had
Silverstone, Paula Deen, Bialetti and 3 or 4 other well known brands
plus Green Pan - all at great prices.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2013 7:57 PM, sf wrote:

> I bought one today. Stand by. If you hear me screaming, it means
> hubby managed to kill it. Bought the Green Pan from BB&B with a 20%
> off coupon, went to Grocery Outlet next and discovered they had
> Silverstone, Paula Deen, Bialetti and 3 or 4 other well known brands
> plus Green Pan - all at great prices.

I'm curious about your review as I liked Janet's. I used my 20% BBB
coupon on a small tiller. They sure have a good marketing technique by
emailing me over and over that it's going to expire today, and somehow
seemed to know I wanted one.

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 20:23:30 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

> On 4/8/2013 7:57 PM, sf wrote:
> >
> > I bought one today. Stand by. If you hear me screaming, it means
> > hubby managed to kill it. Bought the Green Pan from BB&B with a 20%
> > off coupon, went to Grocery Outlet next and discovered they had
> > Silverstone, Paula Deen, Bialetti and 3 or 4 other well known brands
> > plus Green Pan - all at great prices.
> >

> I'm curious about your review as I liked Janet's. I used my 20% BBB
> coupon on a small tiller. They sure have a good marketing technique by
> emailing me over and over that it's going to expire today, and somehow
> seemed to know I wanted one.

I think it will take a year or two for him to kill it and considering
it was well under $20 for the 10" pan, I will consider it a wash.
What I'm hoping is that it retains its nonstick quality for more than
two weeks. I was reading reviews that actually said the surface
didn't last any longer... which also makes me wonder what on earth
they did to it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message

> I bought one today. Stand by. If you hear me screaming, it means
> hubby managed to kill it. Bought the Green Pan from BB&B with a 20%
> off coupon, went to Grocery Outlet next and discovered they had
> Silverstone, Paula Deen, Bialetti and 3 or 4 other well known brands
> plus Green Pan - all at great prices.

Make sure he does not use any heat over medium.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 18:41:04 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>
> "sf" > wrote in message
> >
> > I bought one today. Stand by. If you hear me screaming, it means
> > hubby managed to kill it. Bought the Green Pan from BB&B with a 20%
> > off coupon, went to Grocery Outlet next and discovered they had
> > Silverstone, Paula Deen, Bialetti and 3 or 4 other well known brands
> > plus Green Pan - all at great prices.

> Make sure he does not use any heat over medium.

I think what he does is preheat the empty pan too long. Breakfast is
my least favorite meal of the day, so I'm not in there watching him,
but I did notice once that he left the pan empty way longer than I do.