Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Lamb at Costco

The lamb is boneless, Australian lamb. The price is $4.99 per pound

This is the recipe that I use for it. I got the recipe from this
group. Comments are from Peter. Attribution at the bottom.

GRILLED LAMB

This was easy and really tasty. I used the Australian lamb that Costco
sells
which I think is excellent quality.

Untie a boned leg of lamb and unroll it. Trim off any excess fat (but
leave
the thin layer that's on the outside). Rub both sides with the
following
mixed in a blender or mini-prep:

1 jar Gray Poupon grainy mustard
5 garlic cloves
2-3 TB olive oil
2 TB dried herbs du Provence (I use Penzey's)
Salt, black pepper

Let sit in the fridge overnight or at least several hours. Grill until
medium rare in the thickest parts.

We had this with tabouli, orzo-feta salad, marinated artichoke hearts,
and a
tomato-asparagus-balsamic salad. And a lovely Australian merlot!

Peter Aitken
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:08:03 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:33:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>Peter Aitken said:
>
>> This was easy and really tasty. I used the Australian lamb that Costco
>> sells which I think is excellent quality.

>Costco's lamb is very good. It has more lamby taste than the dumbed
>down New Zealand lamb sold at Sam's club. Some people may not like
>the gamier taste but when I want lamb, I want that stronger taste that
>begs for some spice..
>
>I use fresh rosemary, garlic, thyme, sage, black pepper, and EVOO as
>my rub (gotta have sage!). No mustard, but I may try it next time. I
>sear at high heat and then roast low and slow in oven as I would
>ribeye roast in the oven. But if grilling I would use indirect heat
>so as not to burn the garlic.
>
>Rubbed and roasted (partial leg - used the rest for lamb vinadloo)
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
>Sliced:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
>Plated with Israeli couscous:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/sqwertz...ream/lightbox/
>
>-sw

I would love my lamb cooked that way. I need to be a bit more
conservative just to keep my husband in the house. He says he hates
it (he's from Iowa) but will eat grilled leg of lamb at a friend's
house. So I grill exclusively. Where did you purchase the Israeli
couscous? Just a regular supermarket?
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 13:33:22 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

> The lamb is boneless, Australian lamb. The price is $4.99 per pound

Okay, thanks for looking. I don't like Australian lamb, so that's why
I haven't bought it from Costco. I need to restock my staples, so
I'll buy more snapper instead of lamb when I go there later in the
week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/2013 4:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Sliced: