Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rec: Lamb Slices in Madeira (leftover lamb)

Since I could barely find this this morning, even knowing I had
posted it, I am reposting with "rec" in the header.

Dorothy B’s Leftover Lamb Slices in Madeira

This is an excellent way to cook leftover lamb. I won a contest
with it when I was in my late teens or early twenties.

1 Tbsp butter
1/4 tsp dry rosemary, crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
slices of cold roast lamb
1 Tbsp currant jelly
1/2 c Madeira
1/2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp flour

Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a large skillet, and stir in the rosemary,
salt, and pepper. Add the lamb and cook, turning, until heated.
Add the jelly and wine. Simmer for 5 minutes. If a thicker sauce
is preferred, make a flour-butter paste, and stir into sauce until
thickened, having removed the lamb.
This can also be made with grape jelly instead of currant, or
sherry instead of Madeira, but I have never tried that.
--
Jean B.

2012-02-06 Dinner: Using some of the leftover lamb Cheryl[_3_] General Cooking 0 08-02-2012 02:35 AM
What to do with leftover leg of lamb? Zeppo[_2_] General Cooking 26 03-06-2010 02:41 AM
what to do with leftover lamb? sf[_3_] General Cooking 11 25-03-2008 03:21 PM
leftover lamb dido22 General Cooking 33 11-10-2007 07:52 PM
Leftover lamb Ruddell General Cooking 48 17-12-2004 05:50 PM