Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth
Default Recipe: Hawg Dawgs (Heighton Hamburgers clone)

This is dedicated to Heighton's Hamburgers which was a typical Mom n Pop old timey burger joint in Graham, TX back in the good old days. They just called em Hot Dogs and peddled them for fifteen cents. Burgers was .20. I thought they needed a distinctive name. This is a clone recipe. Its real close to the original. Happens best on a flat grill.

Split weenies..hinged in the middle..butterflied maybe?
Hamburger buns
1 regular sized can Wolf Brand Chili mixed 50/50 with Pace Picante and heated.
(*Wolf Brand has got so sorry nowadays I would use Hormel or make your own)

Fry up the weenies and toast up the buns on the grill. Lay bun out and top it with enough split weenies to cover it from side to side and cover it with chili (Now Heighton's used only one weenie but that made a gap in the action). Top it with what you like. For me that is cheese..raw onywans..sour kraut..and mustard. Add the top of the bun and eat. Finicky types should use a fork. Serve with tater chips and cold chocolate milk. Yum yum. Anybody who makes this needs to send me five bucks. Thanks.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Well a person can surely skip the choc milk deal...fried pork skins sub out well for the chips. I like the way you think..lol. Whiskeyta Falls maybe? I am due for new glasses. Let me know. Thanks.