Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Valentine's Day at Waffle House

We won't be there today! It sounds cute.

https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
valentines/

http://tinyurl.com/bkoezdn

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:13:12 AM UTC-6, Tara wrote:
> We won't be there today! It sounds cute.
>

> https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
>
> valentines/

But their food is awful.

> Tara

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:04:19 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:13:12 AM UTC-6, Tara wrote:
>
> > We won't be there today! It sounds cute.

> > https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-

> > valentines/

> But their food is awful.
>

> > Tara

> --Bryan

Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:14:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:04:19 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:13:12 AM UTC-6, Tara wrote:

> > > We won't be there today! It sounds cute.

> > > https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-

> > > valentines/

> > But their food is awful.

> > > Tara

> > --Bryan

> Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.

It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to
serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their
shit--
http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information

What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that
information.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 5:30 PM, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:14:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:

>>> But their food is awful.

>>> --Bryan

>> Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.

> It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to
> serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their
> shit--
> http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information
>
> What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that
> information.
>
> --Bryan

I don't think they're hiding anything. We've eaten at a number of
Waffle Houses in several different states while travelling. They're
handy because they're almost always located right off the Interstate.
The food isn't gourmet, but hell it's mostly breakfast stuff. I've
never had a bad meal there. Want an egg-white omelet? It's not on the
menu but they'll gladly make one for you. We've never had bad service
in one, either, even when they're slammed. It's fun to sit at the
counter and watch the short order cook handling a dozen orders at once.
That is *not* easy to do.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:30:26 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:14:39 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> > > But their food is awful.

> > > --Bryan

> > Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.

> It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to
>
> serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their
>
> shit--
>
> http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information
>

> What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that
>
> information.
>

> --Bryan

I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to saying it's unhealthy.. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as being just terrible for you.. But very few people would call it awful food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:39:54 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 5:30 PM, Bryan wrote:

> >> Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.

> > It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to

> > serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their

> > shit--

> > http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information

> > What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that

> > information.

> > --Bryan

> I don't think they're hiding anything.

If they took ANY pride in their ingredients, they'd do what almost every
other chain does, and list ingredients and nutrition information. Trusting
a corporation is foolish.

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:45:11 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:30:26 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:

> > > Oh, please! Waffle House is a dump because of the customers, but the food is actually really good.

> > It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to

> > serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their

> > shit--

> > http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information

> > What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that

> > information.

> > --Bryan

> I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to saying it's unhealthy. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as being just terrible for you. But very few people would call it awful food.

http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html
About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,
correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"
browns in.
Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you
the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he
refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 6:04 PM, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:45:11 PM UTC-6, wrote:

>>> It is a dump, and because the customers are trashy, they have no reason to

>>> serve decent food, so they don't. They won't even tell you what's in their

>>> shit--

>>> http://wafflehouse.com/contact-us/fa...al-information

>>> What do you think they're hiding? Even crappy fast food chains publish that

>>> information.

>>> --Bryan

>> I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to saying it's unhealthy. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as being just terrible for you. But very few people would call it awful food.

> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html
> About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,
> correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"
> browns in.
> Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you
> the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he
> refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.
>
> --Bryan

I'm not the one who is paranoid about cooking oils. I don't eat out
often enough to care.

Meanwhile please fix your frigging Google news crap!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Apologies for not snipping! Valentine's Day at Waffle House

On 2/14/2013 6:27 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 6:04 PM, Bryan wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle
>>> House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to
>>> saying it's unhealthy. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as
>>> being just terrible for you. But very few people would call it awful
>>> food.

>> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html
>> About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,
>> correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"
>> browns in.
>> Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you
>> the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he
>> refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.
>>
>> --Bryan
>>

> I'm not the one who is paranoid about cooking oils. I don't eat out
> often enough to care.
>
> Meanwhile please fix your frigging Google news crap!
>
> Jill

I completely forgot I had to scroll down about for 5 minutes to reply...

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:04:33 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 4:45:11 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to saying it's unhealthy. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as being just terrible for you. But very few people would call it awful food.

> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html
>
> About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,
>
> correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"
>
> browns in.
>
> Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you
>
> the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he
>
> refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.
>

> --Bryan

1) I think I was pretty clear about not considering "healthy" when evaluating their food. I know that's your thing, but "It's not about you, douchebag".

2) That website is less than convincing in general. Pretty amateurish, actually. And their criticism of Waffle House is less than compelling. It doesn't like the "buttery spread" they serve. It says nothing about their cooking. And even if it did, only criticisms about how the food *tastes* would be pertinent to me.

3) Look, we all know you spent years ****ing up your body because you ate and drank like a pig. Now you've reformed and that's your thing. Fine. Leave us the **** out of it. Most of us had some self control in our first 50 years and don't have to obsess on these things. Trust me - there are not more than two people on here that want to hear any of this shit. So. ****ing. Tiresome. And a total non sequitur in this thread.

4) I'm positive you've had Kuthe's cock in your mouth at some point. It don't make you a bad person, but it does disqualify you from discussing what goes in my mouth. Which is never cock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:27:36 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 6:04 PM, Bryan wrote:

> >> I don't think they're hiding anything. People don't go to Waffle House to eat healthy. Saying food is awful is not equivalent to saying it's unhealthy. Fettucine Alfredo has gotten te reputation as being just terrible for you. But very few people would call it awful food.

> > http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html

> > About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,

> > correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"

> > browns in.

> > Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you

> > the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he

> > refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.

> > --Bryan

> I'm not the one who is paranoid about cooking oils. I don't eat out
>
> often enough to care.
>

> Meanwhile please fix your frigging Google news crap!
>

> Jill

I agree with you on the oils. In his defense, though, it's google groups that is screwing us all. If you used it, you'd realize we're not doing it on purpose. I'm trying to remember to trim, though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:36:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> 4) I'm positive you've had Kuthe's cock in your mouth at some point. It don't make you a bad person, but it does disqualify you from discussing what goes in my mouth. Which is never cock.

You can "think" anything you want. Why is it that with some of you
guys, everything comes down to your homophobia.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:49:10 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:36:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>

> > 4) I'm positive you've had Kuthe's cock in your mouth at some point. It don't make you a bad person, but it does disqualify you from discussing what goes in my mouth. Which is never cock.

> You can "think" anything you want. Why is it that with some of you
>
> guys, everything comes down to your homophobia.
>

> --Bryan

I have no phobia about you. Care to address anything else I said, queenie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 7:13 AM, Tara wrote:
> We won't be there today! It sounds cute.
>
> https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
> valentines/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bkoezdn
>
> Tara

I love waffles but it's something that I need a lot of light to eat.
Waffles by candlelight is a bad idea. I just bought a new iron because
my old one died. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful
friendship.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 7:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 7:13 AM, Tara wrote:
>> We won't be there today! It sounds cute.
>>
>> https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
>> valentines/
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/bkoezdn
>>
>> Tara
>>

> I love waffles but it's something that I need a lot of light to eat.
> Waffles by candlelight is a bad idea. I just bought a new iron because
> my old one died. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful
> friendship.

Hopefully you won't lose electricity, either! <G>

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 2:42 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 7:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>> I love waffles but it's something that I need a lot of light to eat.
>> Waffles by candlelight is a bad idea. I just bought a new iron because
>> my old one died. Hopefully, this is the beginning of a beautiful
>> friendship.

> Hopefully you won't lose electricity, either! <G>
>
> Jill

No problem, if the electricity goes out, we still got cans of Spam.
We're smart!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 12:13 PM, Tara wrote:
> We won't be there today! It sounds cute.
>
> https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
> valentines/
>
> http://tinyurl.com/bkoezdn
>
> Tara

On the same note, I heard that Australia is going to start offering
table-side service in selected McDonalds fast food joints. Now that
would be funny. They said cloth tablecloths, real glasses, plates
and flatware.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:08:14 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:49:10 PM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
>
> > On Thursday, February 14, 2013 5:36:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> > > 4) I'm positive you've had Kuthe's cock in your mouth at some point. It don't make you a bad person, but it does disqualify you from discussing what goes in my mouth. Which is never cock.

> > You can "think" anything you want. Why is it that with some of you
> > guys, everything comes down to your homophobia.

> > --Bryan

> I have no phobia about you. Care to address anything else I said, queenie?

No, you're afraid of your own impure heterosexuality, or more likely,
you're not a homophobe at all: you just can't come up with better insults,
so you resort to *N'ya, n'ya faggot."

And back to the Waffle House thing. The hydrogenated oils situation is an
indicator of generally poor quality of ingredients. When a little greasy
spoon doesn't post nutrition info, that's understandable, because it might be cost prohibitive, but Waffle House is a large chain. They are very unusual
for a company of their size, in not offering nutrition info. Their niche is
catering to folks who don't care about healthfulness or quality.

In fairness, it's been about a decade since I've eaten there, and they may
have improved significantly, but the fact that they don't list ingredients
suggests that they haven't made meaningful changes.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 10:37 PM, Cheryl wrote:
> On 2/14/2013 12:13 PM, Tara wrote:
>> We won't be there today! It sounds cute.
>>
>> https://atlanta.daybooknetwork.com/s...-waffle-house-
>> valentines/
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/bkoezdn
>>
>> Tara
>>

> On the same note, I heard that Australia is going to start offering
> table-side service in selected McDonalds fast food joints. Now that
> would be funny. They said cloth tablecloths, real glasses, plates
> and flatware.

Not all McDonalds are created equal I saw a television show about
McDonalds a few years ago. These don't look like any McD's I've ever
been in:

http://tinyurl.com/c7t23v7

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The opposite of the Waffle House (was: Valentine's Day at Waffle House)

http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers this,
our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer good food
over The Waffle House.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:32:44 AM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
>

> And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers this,
>
> our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer good food
>
> over The Waffle House.
>

> --Bryan

Since you haven't eaten at Waffle House in 10 years, you'll allow us the favor of disregarding your opinion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:32:44 AM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
> http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
>

> And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers this,
>
> our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer good food
>
> over The Waffle House.
>

> --Bryan

Since you haven't eaten at Waffle House in 10 years, you'll allow us the favor of disregarding your opinion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:42:34 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Friday, February 15, 2013 8:32:44 AM UTC-5, Bryan wrote:
>
> > http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/

> > And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers this,

> > our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer good food

> > over The Waffle House.

> > --Bryan

> Since you haven't eaten at Waffle House in 10 years, you'll allow us the favor of disregarding your opinion.

Funny, but you wrote, "Waffle House is a dump because of the customers."
I guess that you are one of those "customers," whereas I am not.

Enjoy your dump.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
>
> And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers this,
> our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer good food
> over The Waffle House.

"Our signature coffee is specially blended, roasted and ground for The
Original Pancake House to complement your meal."

My observation has been that coffee tastes vary considerably, and it's
possible that their "special blend" might not be to everybody's tastes. But
other than that it sounds nice.

The one in Roseville is quite close to me; I'll have to try it out sometime.
A Black Bear Diner recently opened in that same area, and I like that chain.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> Funny, but you wrote, "Waffle House is a dump because of the customers."
> I guess that you are one of those "customers," whereas I am not.
>
> Enjoy your dump.

I've eaten at Waffle House once. The food was okay. The cook and I were the
only people in the place, and he went on and on about how he'd gone to
prison because "a white man can't get a fair trial in this state"
(Virginia).

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013 12:36:39 -0800, Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> "Our signature coffee is specially blended, roasted and ground for The
> Original Pancake House to complement your meal."
>
> My observation has been that coffee tastes vary considerably, and it's
> possible that their "special blend" might not be to everybody's tastes.
> But other than that it sounds nice.
>
> The one in Roseville is quite close to me; I'll have to try it out
> sometime. A Black Bear Diner recently opened in that same area, and I
> like that chain.

The Original Pancake House is very good. I like the mushroom omelet,
Dutch baby, and banana pancakes in particular. It's fun to try all the
different varieties of pancakes. The apple pancake is something to
behold -- sort of a cross between a Dutch baby and a tarte tatin. The
coffee is delicious, served with heavy cream. The orange juice is
freshly squeezed and cold.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/15/2013 1:36 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Bryan wrote:
>
>> http://www.originalpancakehouse.com/
>>
>> And they're opening a new one 3 miles away. When my wife discovers
>> this, our bank account is going to take a hit. For folks who prefer
>> good food over The Waffle House.

> "Our signature coffee is specially blended, roasted and ground for The
> Original Pancake House to complement your meal."
>
> My observation has been that coffee tastes vary considerably, and it's
> possible that their "special blend" might not be to everybody's tastes.
> But other than that it sounds nice.
>
> The one in Roseville is quite close to me; I'll have to try it out
> sometime. A Black Bear Diner recently opened in that same area, and I
> like that chain.
>
> Bob

We've eaten in 5 OPH in various cities. Their coffee has always been
delicious (and they serve it with whipping cream.) They have a very
varied menu and we've never had a bad breakfast there.

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/14/2013 6:34 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/labels2.html
>>> About half way down the page. Margarine from the "dump." Makes you,
>>> correction, makes *one* wonder what grease they fry those "hash"
>>> browns in.
>>> Next time you're at one of the dumps, as the manager to show you
>>> the container that their fryer oil comes in, then, when (s)he
>>> refuses to do so, realize that yes, they *are* hiding something.
>>>
>>> --Bryan
>>>

>> I'm not the one who is paranoid about cooking oils. I don't eat out
>> often enough to care.
>>
>> Meanwhile please fix your frigging Google news crap!
>>
>> Jill

> I completely forgot I had to scroll down about for 5 minutes to reply...
>
> Jill

My scrolling finger got cramps.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

>The Original Pancake House is very good. I like the mushroom omelet,
>Dutch baby, and banana pancakes in particular. It's fun to try all the
>different varieties of pancakes. The apple pancake is something to
>behold -- sort of a cross between a Dutch baby and a tarte tatin.

I never liked pancakes, I don't like waffles either... I consider both
poor peoples junk food. I do enjoy blintzes.

Valentine's Day at Waffle House Tara General Cooking 1 14-02-2014 07:21 PM
Our Groundhog Eats Waffle House Tara General Cooking 9 03-02-2014 07:21 PM
Waffle House Tara General Cooking 102 24-02-2012 04:35 AM
Only stupid people eat at Waffle House?? PL[_5_] General Cooking 0 23-07-2010 06:32 AM
REC: Waffle House Waffles Wayne Boatwright[_4_] General Cooking 5 21-02-2009 07:19 PM