Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Waffle House

I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
consignment sale. So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. I
ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
hash browns (covered with onions and chili). I managed to eat
about half of this. If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
be right.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:48:00 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
>consignment sale. So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. I
>ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
>hash browns (covered with onions and chili). I managed to eat
>about half of this. If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
>be right.

what's scattered smothered?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:40:31 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>what's scattered smothered?

Scattered, smothered, and topped describe the hashbrowns --

scattered on the grill so they brown and crisp up
smothered with onions
topped with chili

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 1:40*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:48:00 -0500, Tara >
> wrote:
>
> >I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
> >consignment sale. *So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. * I
> >ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
> >hash browns (covered with onions and chili). * * *I managed to eat
> >about half of this. * If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
> >be right.

> what's scattered smothered?

She defined it: HB with sauteed onions and chili:

http://wafflehouse.com/images/alacarte90611.pdf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:

> If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to be right.

They are inconsistent site to site. Some are very good. Some blow.
Not a good thing while traveling but just fine for your own town where
you learn which is which.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doug Freyburger" > wrote in message
> Tara wrote:
>>
>> If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to be right.

> They are inconsistent site to site. Some are very good. Some blow.
> Not a good thing while traveling but just fine for your own town where
> you learn which is which.

I second that emotion.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/02/2012 5:28 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
> Tara wrote:
>>
>> If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to be right.

> They are inconsistent site to site. Some are very good. Some blow.
> Not a good thing while traveling but just fine for your own town where
> you learn which is which.

My experience with pancake/waffle restaurants is that their pancakes and
waffles usually suck big time. We stopped at a pancake restaurant (not a
chain) a couple years ago and I swore I would never got to another.
But... last week I had to go for a fasting blood test and stopped at a
local restaurant for breakfast. After reviewing the menu opted for the
one that came with pancakes. I figured there was enough on it that if
the pancakes were bad I would still have enough. I have to say they were
pretty good. They would have been better with real maple syrup, but even
their artificial syrup was better than the specialty joint.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 4:28*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:

> Tara wrote:
>
> > If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to be right.

> Not a good thing while traveling but just fine for your own town where
> you learn which is which.

Oh, I don't know. Was traveling to the Grand Canyon about 15 years
ago and was pretty late and on the western side of Arkansas. Waffle
House was about the only thing open and we were starrrrrrrrving.
Those hashbrowns and that patty melt was mighty fine, mighty fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/17/12 4:49 PM, Tara wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:40:31 -0600, Lou Decruss
> > wrote:
>
>> what's scattered smothered?

> Scattered, smothered, and topped describe the hashbrowns --
>
> scattered on the grill so they brown and crisp up
> smothered with onions
> topped with chili
>
> Tara

I like mine "scattered well done, covered (cheese), smothered (onions)
and diced (cubed ham)"

I looked at the Waffle House webpage and was kinda surprised that they
don't list the hashbrown additions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/17/12 4:52 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Feb 17, 1:40 pm, Lou > wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:48:00 -0500, >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
>>> consignment sale. So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. I
>>> ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
>>> hash browns (covered with onions and chili). I managed to eat
>>> about half of this. If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
>>> be right.

>> what's scattered smothered?

> She defined it: HB with sauteed onions and chili:
>
> http://wafflehouse.com/images/alacarte90611.pdf

Ah! There's the menu! I didn't see it when I looked.
Waffle House is handy when you want a hamburger at 8AM in the morning. I
don't particularly do "breakfast foods" and after working all night
sometimes we go out to get a bite.

I have to go to Huddle House on those days I'm in the mood for french
fries to dip in ketchup though as Waffle House doesn't offer fries. Just
hashbrowns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 2:48*pm, Tara > wrote:
> I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
> consignment sale. *So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. * I
> ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
> hash browns (covered with onions and chili). * * *I managed to eat
> about half of this. * If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
> be right.

Who'd be stupid enough to trust any food source that suggests, *trust
us*?
http://www.wafflehouse.com/contact-u...al-information
You might as well say, "If loving Waffle House is White trash, then I
want to be White trash."

> Tara

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 6:16*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> On 2/17/12 4:49 PM, Tara wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:40:31 -0600, Lou Decruss
> > > *wrote:

> >> what's scattered smothered?

> > Scattered, smothered, and topped describe the hashbrowns --

> > scattered on the grill so they brown and crisp up
> > smothered with onions
> > topped with chili

> > Tara

> I like mine "scattered well done, covered (cheese), smothered (onions)
> and diced (cubed ham)"
>
> I looked at the Waffle House webpage and was kinda surprised that they
> don't list the hashbrown additions.

They also don't list ingredients or any nutrition info. Dumb hick
greasy spoon.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Waffle House=Huddle House=White trash greasy spoon (was:Waffle House)

On Feb 17, 6:20*pm, Goomba > wrote:
> On 2/17/12 4:52 PM, spamtrap1888 wrote:
>

> > On Feb 17, 1:40 pm, Lou > *wrote:

> >> what's scattered smothered?

> > She defined it: HB with sauteed onions and chili:

> >http://wafflehouse.com/images/alacarte90611.pdf

> Ah! There's the menu! I didn't see it when I looked.
> Waffle House is handy when you want a hamburger at 8AM in the morning. I
> don't particularly do "breakfast foods" and after working all night
> sometimes we go out to get a bite.
>
> I have to go to Huddle House on those days I'm in the mood for french
> fries to dip in ketchup though as Waffle House doesn't offer fries. Just
> hashbrowns.

Huddle House doesn't list nutrition info either. What are they
hiding? Maybe they're just too lazy to post nutrition info, and/or
they figure their customers are mostly slobs who don't care what they
put into their bodies.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 5:39*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 17/02/2012 5:28 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
> > Tara wrote:

> >> If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to be right.

> > They are inconsistent site to site. *Some are very good. *Some blow..
> > Not a good thing while traveling but just fine for your own town where
> > you learn which is which.

> My experience with pancake/waffle restaurants is that their pancakes and
> waffles usually suck big time. We stopped at a pancake restaurant (not a
> chain) a couple years ago and I swore I would never got to another.
> But... last week I had to go for a fasting blood test and stopped at a
> local restaurant for breakfast. After reviewing the menu *opted for the
> one that came with pancakes. I figured there was enough on it that if
> the pancakes were bad I would still have enough. I have to say they were
> pretty good. They would have been better with real maple syrup, but even
> their artificial syrup was better than the specialty joint.

Waffle/Huddle Houses and IHOP are garbage food restaurants. At least
IHOP admits they still use partially hydrogenated fats. It saves them
a few pennies, and they figure that anyone who eats there has low
standards anyway.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:46:11 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> Huddle House doesn't list nutrition info either. What are they
> hiding? Maybe they're just too lazy to post nutrition info, and/or
> they figure their customers are mostly slobs who don't care what they
> put into their bodies.

They aren't lazy, it's business. They serve fattening food, their
customers are in denial and they are enabling fatties.
Nutrition information

http://www.shapefit.com/fastfood.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:55:00 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> Waffle/Huddle Houses and IHOP are garbage food restaurants. At least
> IHOP admits they still use partially hydrogenated fats. It saves them
> a few pennies, and they figure that anyone who eats there has low
> standards anyway.

If you don't eat there, why care?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 8:16*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:46:11 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
>
> > Huddle House doesn't list nutrition info either. *What are they
> > hiding? *Maybe they're just too lazy to post nutrition info, and/or
> > they figure their customers are mostly slobs who don't care what they
> > put into their bodies.

> They aren't lazy, it's business. *They serve fattening food, their
> customers are in denial and they are enabling fatties.
> Nutrition information
>
> http://www.shapefit.com/fastfood.html

Notice how incomplete the nutrition info is there. It's bordering on
useless for anyone who is the least bit sophisticated about
nutrition. I did write, "and/or." You are very likely correct. They
are preying upon the ill educated masses, and getting away with it.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 8:18*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:55:00 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>
> > wrote:
> > Waffle/Huddle Houses and IHOP are garbage food restaurants. *At least
> > IHOP admits they still use partially hydrogenated fats. *It saves them
> > a few pennies, and they figure that anyone who eats there has low
> > standards anyway.

> If you don't eat there, why care?

I care about public health policy. One could ask why any parent who
lives in a neighborhood where there is no lead paint should care if
kids from older neighborhoods are ingesting high levels of lead.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 3:39*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:

> My experience with pancake/waffle restaurants is that their pancakes and
> waffles usually suck big time. We stopped at a pancake restaurant (not a
> chain) a couple years ago and I swore I would never got to another.
> But... last week I had to go for a fasting blood test and stopped at a
> local restaurant for breakfast. After reviewing the menu *opted for the
> one that came with pancakes. I figured there was enough on it that if
> the pancakes were bad I would still have enough. I have to say they were
> pretty good. They would have been better with real maple syrup, but even
> their artificial syrup was better than the specialty joint.

We traveled to Coos Bay, Oregon to visit a friend who was there for a
family reunion. We ate at a place that I think was called Pancake
Mill. I had pancakes. They all had waffles. We all agreed that they
were the best we had ever had. And their bacon was the best also. I
hope my friend has a reunion there again sometime.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 9:09*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> You may say that I'm a socially awkward, immature, nerd; but when it
> comes to science, I'm the grownup here.
>
> --Bryan

That's the most correct thing I've seen you post lately Bryan! You
certainly have become a grown up. And you know what I always say is
the difference between a grown up and an adult, doncha? And adult is
someone who can be mature and responsible when necessary but has not
lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy. A grown up on the
other hand, has lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy and
now has no choice but to be mature and responsible!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/17/2012 5:20 PM, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Feb 17, 9:09 pm, > wrote:
>> You may say that I'm a socially awkward, immature, nerd; but when it
>> comes to science, I'm the grownup here.
>>
>> --Bryan

> That's the most correct thing I've seen you post lately Bryan! You
> certainly have become a grown up. And you know what I always say is
> the difference between a grown up and an adult, doncha? And adult is
> someone who can be mature and responsible when necessary but has not
> lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy. A grown up on the
> other hand, has lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy and
> now has no choice but to be mature and responsible!
>
> John Kuthe...

Well, I sure could use some waffles. We have a IHOP over here but the
waffles disappoints because they don't really care about the product. I
don't even know if they care about pancakes. As you know, there's no
cheesesteaks here - nobody cares about cheesesteaks either. Generally
speaking, nobody cares. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/02/2012 10:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:

> Well, I sure could use some waffles. We have a IHOP over here but the
> waffles disappoints because they don't really care about the product. I
> don't even know if they care about pancakes.

Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
the waffles we cook at home.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:08:20 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 17/02/2012 10:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Well, I sure could use some waffles. We have a IHOP over here but the
> > waffles disappoints because they don't really care about the product. I
> > don't even know if they care about pancakes.

> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
> the waffles we cook at home.

Why didn't you post your recipe? This is a cooking group, so it's
appropriate.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/17/2012 6:08 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 17/02/2012 10:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>> Well, I sure could use some waffles. We have a IHOP over here but the
>> waffles disappoints because they don't really care about the product. I
>> don't even know if they care about pancakes.

> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
> the waffles we cook at home.

This is a good idea. Thanks! The way I used to make them is to invert
the waffle iron, pour in the batter, and then flip the iron over. This
can be done with any electric iron. I used to add some rice flour to
lighten the waffles. Now I gotta look for that iron...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:27:55 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 8:16*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 17:46:11 -0800 (PST), Bryan
> >
> > > wrote:
> >
> > > Huddle House doesn't list nutrition info either. *What are they
> > > hiding? *Maybe they're just too lazy to post nutrition info, and/or
> > > they figure their customers are mostly slobs who don't care what they
> > > put into their bodies.

> > They aren't lazy, it's business. *They serve fattening food, their
> > customers are in denial and they are enabling fatties.
> > Nutrition information
> >
> > http://www.shapefit.com/fastfood.html
> >

> Notice how incomplete the nutrition info is there. It's bordering on
> useless for anyone who is the least bit sophisticated about
> nutrition.

It *is* useless for anyone who wants to know the calorie count of any
other item than the few items listed. Fast food businesses disclose
more.

> I did write, "and/or." You are very likely correct. They
> are preying upon the ill educated masses, and getting away with it.

For some reason, I thought it was law to have nutritional information
available for anyone who asks, maybe it's just California. IHOP and
Denny's include it on their menu, fast food franchises (I'm thinking
specifically of Carl's Jr) post charts.

Member

Loving Waffle house is not wrong. Even I love Waffle house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 10:08*pm, Dave Smith > wrote:
> On 17/02/2012 10:52 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>
> > Well, I sure could use some waffles. We have a IHOP over here but the
> > waffles disappoints because they don't really care about the product. I
> > don't even know if they care about pancakes.

> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
> the waffles we cook at home.

Doing that with eggs makes everything fluffier.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 17, 9:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Feb 17, 9:09*pm, Bryan > wrote:
>
> > You may say that I'm a socially awkward, immature, nerd; but when it
> > comes to science, I'm the grownup here.

> > --Bryan

> That's the most correct thing I've seen you post lately Bryan! You
> certainly have become a grown up. And you know what I always say is
> the difference between a grown up and an adult, doncha? And adult is
> someone who can be mature and responsible when necessary but has not
> lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy. A grown up on the
> other hand, has lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy and
> now has no choice but to be mature and responsible!

You say all kinds of bullshit. You can keep your cutesy definitions,
and your "childlike sense of wonder and whimsy." You're an old man
who eats the same thing for breakfast almost every morning.

> John Kuthe...

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 18, 6:37*am, Bryan > wrote:
> On Feb 17, 9:20*pm, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 17, 9:09*pm, Bryan > wrote:

> > > You may say that I'm a socially awkward, immature, nerd; but when it
> > > comes to science, I'm the grownup here.

> > > --Bryan

> > That's the most correct thing I've seen you post lately Bryan! You
> > certainly have become a grown up. And you know what I always say is
> > the difference between a grown up and an adult, doncha? And adult is
> > someone who can be mature and responsible when necessary but has not
> > lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy. A grown up on the
> > other hand, has lost their childlike sense of wonder and whimsy and
> > now has no choice but to be mature and responsible!

> You say all kinds of bullshit. *You can keep your cutesy definitions,
> and your "childlike sense of wonder and whimsy." *You're an old man
> who eats the same thing for breakfast almost every morning.

My my, you have turned into a grouchy old man!

And like I said, no fun!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 13:52:16 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>On Feb 17, 1:40*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:48:00 -0500, Tara >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I needed to brace myself before heading out to a giant kids
>> >consignment sale. *So, I took myself to Waffle House for brunch. * I
>> >ordered a pecan waffle, grits, and scattered smothered, and topped
>> >hash browns (covered with onions and chili). * * *I managed to eat
>> >about half of this. * If loving Waffle House is wrong, I don't want to
>> >be right.

>> what's scattered smothered?

>She defined it: HB with sauteed onions and chili:
>
>http://wafflehouse.com/images/alacarte90611.pdf

It looked like two items. I can see it now though.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 16:49:31 -0500, Tara >
wrote:

>On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 15:40:31 -0600, Lou Decruss
> wrote:
>
>>what's scattered smothered?

>Scattered, smothered, and topped describe the hashbrowns --
>
>scattered on the grill so they brown and crisp up
>smothered with onions
>topped with chili

Sounded good up to the chili. Sounds bad with a pecan waffle.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:47:35 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, George M.
Middius > wrote,

>Dang, I thought the "carbs-are-the-devil's-tools" craze had withered
>and died.

The craze has withered and died. The solid science behind it is still
going strong.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/02/2012 11:51 PM, sf wrote:

>> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
>> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
>> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
>> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
>> the waffles we cook at home.

> Why didn't you post your recipe? This is a cooking group, so it's
> appropriate.

Okay.... I use the waffle recipe from Joy of Cooking
;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 18/02/2012 12:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
>> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
>> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
>> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
>> the waffles we cook at home.
>>

> This is a good idea. Thanks! The way I used to make them is to invert
> the waffle iron, pour in the batter, and then flip the iron over. This
> can be done with any electric iron. I used to add some rice flour to
> lighten the waffles. Now I gotta look for that iron...

I don't understand the purpose of inverting the waffle iron. That jsut
starts it cooking on top instead of the bottom, and risks slopping
batter all over.

Waffles are a funny thing. Everyone seems to like them and lots of
people have waffle irons. We have them about once a month, but I don't
personally know anyone who makes them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

David Harmon wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:47:35 -0500 in rec.food.cooking, George M.
> Middius > wrote,
> >
> >Dang, I thought the "carbs-are-the-devil's-tools" craze had withered
> >and died.

> The craze has withered and died. The solid science behind it is still
> going strong.

I M O .... this stupid low carb craze is nonsense except for diabetics. A
normal healthy person should consume about 60% carbs each day....but not
simple carbs like sugar products. The complex carbs are better for you.

Gary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/18/2012 9:21 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 18/02/2012 12:01 AM, dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
>>> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
>>> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
>>> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
>>> the waffles we cook at home.
>>>

>> This is a good idea. Thanks! The way I used to make them is to invert
>> the waffle iron, pour in the batter, and then flip the iron over. This
>> can be done with any electric iron. I used to add some rice flour to
>> lighten the waffles. Now I gotta look for that iron...

> I don't understand the purpose of inverting the waffle iron. That jsut
> starts it cooking on top instead of the bottom, and risks slopping
> batter all over.

Mostly, it improves the appearance of the waffle by making for a more
consistent appearance by filling in the voids in batter on the top
surface. It really works!

> Waffles are a funny thing. Everyone seems to like them and lots of
> people have waffle irons. We have them about once a month, but I don't
> personally know anyone who makes them.

When I was a kid, I was making a lot of waffles. As an adult, I have had
periods of heavy waffling. I used to use beaten egg whites in the batter
but these days I try to avoid doing this whenever I can. Beating egg
whites is a drag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I care about public health policy. One could ask why any parent who

So...what you are saying is you are a busy body advocate?....Thanks..but I can still choose what I want to eat, when I eat and who I get to eat with.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Feb 2012 14:17:52 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

> On 17/02/2012 11:51 PM, sf wrote:
>
> >> Why not make some? They are easy enough.... if you have a waffle iron.
> >> There are lots of variations on the basic recipes but they are basically
> >> a pancake, improved by separating the eggs beating the whites and fold
> >> them into the batter. I have never had waffles anywhere near as good as
> >> the waffles we cook at home.

> > Why didn't you post your recipe? This is a cooking group, so it's
> > appropriate.
> >

> Okay.... I use the waffle recipe from Joy of Cooking
> ;-)

which won't help those who don't have the book.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

David Harmon wrote:

>>Dang, I thought the "carbs-are-the-devil's-tools" craze had withered
>>and died.

>The craze has withered and died. The solid science behind it is still
>going strong.

I prefer my science mushy, like ice cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

>> > Why didn't you post your recipe? This is a cooking group, so it's
>> > appropriate.
>> >

>> Okay.... I use the waffle recipe from Joy of Cooking
>> ;-)

>which won't help those who don't have the book.

Did you try googling it? The first 500 hits are all the same formula.