Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Waffle House Waffles

I don't know how authentic this is, but the waffles are very tasty.
One of my two favorite waffle recipes.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Waffle House Waffles

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter -- softened
2 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Vegetable oil
pecan pieces (optional)

Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Set
aside.

Lightly beat egg in another medium bowl. Add sugar, butter and shortening;
mix well with an electric mixer until smooth. Add half-and-half, milk,
buttermilk and vanilla. Mix well.

Beat the flour mixture into the milk mixture. Beat until smooth. Cover;
chill overnight. (You can use batter right away, but a 12-hour chill
improves the batter.)

Remove batter from refrigerator; let it warm slightly as you prepare waffle
iron.

Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on waffle iron. Preheat waffle iron.

Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into waffle iron; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or
until waffle is light brown. Repeat with remaining batter.

If using, sprinkle pecan pieces over batter before closing waffle iron.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Waffle House Waffles

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> I don't know how authentic this is, but the waffles are very tasty.
> One of my two favorite waffle recipes.
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Waffle House Waffles

<snip>

Hey, thanks Wayne! I meant to visit the Waffle House when
I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, but it just didn't happen.

I'm really fond of waffles. I'm going to try making this.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 21 Feb 2009 05:02:39a, Nancy Young told us...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> I don't know how authentic this is, but the waffles are very tasty.
>> One of my two favorite waffle recipes.
>>

>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Waffle House Waffles

> <snip>
>
> Hey, thanks Wayne! I meant to visit the Waffle House when
> I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, but it just didn't happen.
>
> I'm really fond of waffles. I'm going to try making this.
>
> nancy

You're welcome, Nancy. Enjoy!

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:02:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>I meant to visit the Waffle House when I was in Florida a couple weeks ago, but it just didn't happen.

I love Waffle House. It's fun to watch the cooks. I'm in awe of
their ability to keep all the food cooking at the same time --
scrambled eggs, fried eggs (soft, hard, sunny side up), omelets,
bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, waffles. It's a dance.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Tara wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:02:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:
>
>> I meant to visit the Waffle House when I was in Florida a couple
>> weeks ago, but it just didn't happen.

> I love Waffle House. It's fun to watch the cooks. I'm in awe of
> their ability to keep all the food cooking at the same time --
> scrambled eggs, fried eggs (soft, hard, sunny side up), omelets,
> bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, waffles. It's a dance.

Oh, I really wish I'd have been able to go. It was on my
list. Next time.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat 21 Feb 2009 10:59:17a, Tara told us...

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 07:02:39 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> > wrote:
>
>>I meant to visit the Waffle House when I was in Florida a couple weeks
>>ago, but it just didn't happen.

> I love Waffle House. It's fun to watch the cooks. I'm in awe of
> their ability to keep all the food cooking at the same time --
> scrambled eggs, fried eggs (soft, hard, sunny side up), omelets,
> bacon, sausage, ham, hashbrowns, waffles. It's a dance.
>
> Tara

I like to sit at the counter to watch that. It's amazing how much food they
turn out and it's all coordinated.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.

Valentine's Day at Waffle House Tara General Cooking 1 14-02-2014 07:21 PM
Can you make ordinary waffles in a Belgian waffle maker malesheep General Cooking 33 23-06-2012 02:06 AM
Waffle House Tara General Cooking 102 24-02-2012 04:35 AM
WallyWorld waffles on waffle irons notbob General Cooking 94 12-04-2008 12:40 AM