Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bean myth debunked

It's been said by some folks, here, beans all taste the same after
cooking. That one cannot tell which bean was used once the dish is
finished. I think I even agreed. Well, I was wrong, too.

I'm here to tell you is jes ain't so. I jes made up a mess of Cajun
Red Beans, like Red Beans & Rice. Only, I used great northern dried
beans. Know what it tastes like? It tastes like great northern beans
with a whole buncha cajun flavoring. Yep. All the best ingredients.
Fresh trinity, whole garlic, new bay leaves, Tony Chachere's Creole
spice, ham, sausage, Louisiana Hot Sauce, etc. Actually, it tastes
great!! But, it tastes like a great pot of Cajun great northern
beans, not classic Cajun red beans. So, if ya' want the real deal,
use red beans.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 16:45:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> When I cooked those Jacob's Cattle/Trout beans, they seemed to have very
> little flavor at all. Perhaps I didn't season them right. But they were
> one bean I'd just as soon forget.

That's my point about beans. Most of them don't have a distinctive
flavor and you end up tasting the seasoning, not the bean. For
instance, cannellini, great northern and navy beans taste pretty much
the same to me, but there's a huge difference with texture AFAIC. For
me, black eyed peas, lentils and chickpeas (which I hate for both
taste and texture when left whole) are all very distinctive... but
there's little difference between white beans AFAIC unless you're
talking about texture. I've experimented with expensive beans, like
Borlotti, and to tell you the truth, pinto or small white would have
worked for me in whatever recipe it was I used them in. I don't think
I've seen Trout beans, but I probably would have the same opinion.
You're the bean person, so I don't doubt your opinion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 7, 2:19*pm, notbob > wrote:
> It's been said by some folks, here, beans all taste the same after
> cooking. *That one cannot tell which bean was used once the dish is
> finished. *I think I even agreed. *Well, I was wrong, too.
>
> I'm here to tell you is jes ain't so. *I jes made up a mess of Cajun
> Red Beans, like Red Beans & Rice. *Only, I used great northern dried
> beans. *Know what it tastes like? *It tastes like great northern beans
> with a whole buncha cajun flavoring. *Yep. *All the best ingredients.
> Fresh trinity, whole garlic, new bay leaves, Tony Chachere's Creole
> spice, ham, sausage, Louisiana Hot Sauce, etc. *Actually, it tastes
> great!! *But, it tastes like a great pot of Cajun great northern
> beans, not classic Cajun red beans. *So, if ya' want the real deal,
> use red beans.
>
> nb

Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 16:45:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> When I cooked those Jacob's Cattle/Trout beans, they seemed to have
>> very little flavor at all. Perhaps I didn't season them right. But
>> they were one bean I'd just as soon forget.

> That's my point about beans. Most of them don't have a distinctive
> flavor and you end up tasting the seasoning, not the bean. For
> instance, cannellini, great northern and navy beans taste pretty much
> the same to me, but there's a huge difference with texture AFAIC. For
> me, black eyed peas, lentils and chickpeas (which I hate for both
> taste and texture when left whole) are all very distinctive... but
> there's little difference between white beans AFAIC unless you're
> talking about texture. I've experimented with expensive beans, like
> Borlotti, and to tell you the truth, pinto or small white would have
> worked for me in whatever recipe it was I used them in. I don't think
> I've seen Trout beans, but I probably would have the same opinion.
> You're the bean person, so I don't doubt your opinion.

Yes, I do find the white beans to be very similar and I will substitute one
for another if I can't find or don't have what the recipe specifically
calls for. But I do find differences with other beans. Black beans are the
weird one for me. Love most black bean soup, provided they keep it simple
and don't muck it up. For instance, Azteza puts cubed potatoes in theirs.
The end result is overly thick with almost a sticky/gloppy consistancy and
very bland. You taste the potatoes more than the beans. Not good. But I
don't really like to eat black beans on their own and I don't much like them
cold on a salad or mixed in a salsa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-08, ImStillMags > wrote:

> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

We've been down this road before. Find someone else to play this
game.

I don't know about pinto beans as I didn't use pinto beans. I used
great northern beans, so it's great northern beans I commented on.
Why don't you use whatever bean floats yer boat and get back to us
with your conclusions instead of attemping to engage me about beans I
did NOT use or even mention.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:19:38 PM UTC-6, notbob wrote:
> It's been said by some folks, here, beans all taste the same after
>
> cooking. That one cannot tell which bean was used once the dish is
>
> finished. I think I even agreed. Well, I was wrong, too.

There is no shame in *having been* wrong. You are now correct, and deserve
respect for admitting that you were incorrect in the past. Every intelligent
person has made mistakes. Those who are too insecure to modify their
positions in the face of evidence don't deserve respect.

> nb

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:54:23 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> Black beans are the
> weird one for me. Love most black bean soup, provided they keep it simple
> and don't muck it up. For instance, Azteza puts cubed potatoes in theirs.
> The end result is overly thick with almost a sticky/gloppy consistancy and
> very bland. You taste the potatoes more than the beans. Not good. But I
> don't really like to eat black beans on their own and I don't much like them
> cold on a salad or mixed in a salsa.

I love black beans straight from the can and use them in burritos and
soft tacos. I have had black bean soup that I loved too... it was
called "Cuban" black bean soup and the person who fed it to me said
the she followed the recipe on the bag. I haven't seen a recipe for
what she described to me. No potatoes were involved, in fact I have no
idea why any decent bean soup recipe would call for potatoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete disappointment!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Feb 2013 03:07:23 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> On 2013-02-08, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> We've been down this road before. Find someone else to play this
> game.
>
> I don't know about pinto beans as I didn't use pinto beans. I used
> great northern beans, so it's great northern beans I commented on.
> Why don't you use whatever bean floats yer boat and get back to us
> with your conclusions instead of attemping to engage me about beans I
> did NOT use or even mention.

She was agreeing with you, stupid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 18:54:23 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> Black beans are the
>> weird one for me. Love most black bean soup, provided they keep it
>> simple and don't muck it up. For instance, Azteza puts cubed
>> potatoes in theirs. The end result is overly thick with almost a
>> sticky/gloppy consistancy and very bland. You taste the potatoes
>> more than the beans. Not good. But I don't really like to eat
>> black beans on their own and I don't much like them cold on a salad
>> or mixed in a salsa.
>>

> I love black beans straight from the can and use them in burritos and
> soft tacos. I have had black bean soup that I loved too... it was
> called "Cuban" black bean soup and the person who fed it to me said
> the she followed the recipe on the bag. I haven't seen a recipe for
> what she described to me. No potatoes were involved, in fact I have no
> idea why any decent bean soup recipe would call for potatoes.

Because it is made at a crappy chain restaurant? I don't know that I've
ever had them in a burrito. Have had in a taco but would prefer refried,
pinto or even kidney.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
>
>> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete disappointment!

I don't mind plain beans and rice. But with the Cajun seasonings? No. Not
for me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:12:08 -0800, sf > wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:
>
>> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

>I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
>red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete disappointment!

I like it better with kidney beans than either "small red beans" or
the small, red, adzuki beans that I used the first time.

I'll bet that has a lot to do with the fact that for the first 40
years of my life 'beans' meant canned red kidney beans.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 07:01:40 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
wrote:

> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:12:08 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> >I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> >red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete disappointment!

> I like it better with kidney beans than either "small red beans" or
> the small, red, adzuki beans that I used the first time.

I was actively discouraged from using adzuki beans when I was trying
to figure out which bean to use. Maybe I'll give them a try sometime,
I think I have some on hand.

> I'll bet that has a lot to do with the fact that for the first 40
> years of my life 'beans' meant canned red kidney beans.

Your mother sounds like mine. Canned kidney beans only which went
straight into hamburger based chili. The other bean that we ate was
black eyed peas... method: open the can, heat (no added seasoning),
put it on the plate. I liked them anyway. Still do, but I can't
remember the last time I made them - I should remedy that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A more difficult question is the difference between different types of
potatoes. There is a flavor and texture variation. However, more-so
than for beans, there is an incredible variation of quality when
bought from the store.

http://www.richardfisher.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

gtr wrote:

> I never heard of this myth but would be surprised to think I couldn't
> tell the difference between one bean and another, and certainly doubt
> that is the case. But to Marty's point; if the beans are really
> similar, I'm sure I could be faked-out in a blind taste test.

I agree, I'm positive I would be able to tell borlotti and cannellini apart,
but with more similar beans I think things would get more difficult
--
"Un pasto senza vino e' come un giorno senza sole"
Anthelme Brillat Savarin

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 7, 9:12*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>
> > wrote:
> > Yes. * *RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> red beans" as prescribed. *What an utter and complete disappointment!
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

What about it disappointed you? Did you use andouille?
To me, the biggest part of the flavor of red beans and rice is the
sausage. That is what adds the
personality to the dish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 7, 10:04*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> > > wrote:

> >> Yes. * *RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> > I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> > red beans" as prescribed. *What an utter and complete disappointment!

> I don't mind plain beans and rice. *But with the Cajun seasonings? *No. *Not
> for me.

"
There are no "Cajun seasonings" in the red beans. The only "Cajun"
seasonings are in the andouille sausage that is a part of the meal.
Tobasco adds any heat and that is adjusted to your taste.

http://hizzoners.com/recipes/lunch-s...d-beans-a-rice

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 7, 9:12*pm, sf > wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2013 03:07:23 GMT, notbob > wrote:
>
> > On 2013-02-08, ImStillMags > wrote:

> > > Yes. * *RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> > We've been down this road before. *Find someone else to play this
> > game.

> > I don't know about pinto beans as I didn't use pinto beans. *I used
> > great northern beans, so it's great northern beans I commented on.
> > Why don't you use whatever bean floats yer boat and get back to us
> > with your conclusions instead of attemping to engage me about beans I
> > did NOT use or even mention.

> She was agreeing with you, stupid.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Yes, I was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:12:08 -0800, sf > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Yes. RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

>> I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used
>> "small red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete
>> disappointment!

> I like it better with kidney beans than either "small red beans" or
> the small, red, adzuki beans that I used the first time.
>
> I'll bet that has a lot to do with the fact that for the first 40
> years of my life 'beans' meant canned red kidney beans.

When I was a kid it was mostly kidney, garbanzo, chili beans, Shellie beans,
lima beans or navy beans. Took me a few years to realize that refried beans
were not made with kidney!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Feb 2013 07:01:40 -0500, Jim Elbrecht >
> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:12:08 -0800, sf > wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>>> I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used
>>> "small red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete
>>> disappointment!

>> I like it better with kidney beans than either "small red beans" or
>> the small, red, adzuki beans that I used the first time.
>>

> I was actively discouraged from using adzuki beans when I was trying
> to figure out which bean to use. Maybe I'll give them a try sometime,
> I think I have some on hand.
>
>> I'll bet that has a lot to do with the fact that for the first 40
>> years of my life 'beans' meant canned red kidney beans.
>>

> Your mother sounds like mine. Canned kidney beans only which went
> straight into hamburger based chili. The other bean that we ate was
> black eyed peas... method: open the can, heat (no added seasoning),
> put it on the plate. I liked them anyway. Still do, but I can't
> remember the last time I made them - I should remedy that.

Oh yes! We had those too. A lot of them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Feb 7, 10:04 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

>>> I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used
>>> "small red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete
>>> disappointment!

>> I don't mind plain beans and rice. But with the Cajun seasonings?
>> No. Not for me.

> "
> There are no "Cajun seasonings" in the red beans. The only "Cajun"
> seasonings are in the andouille sausage that is a part of the meal.
> Tobasco adds any heat and that is adjusted to your taste.
>
> http://hizzoners.com/recipes/lunch-s...d-beans-a-rice

AFAIK there was no meat of any kind in there. I certainly would not like
sausage! I didn't make them from scratch. First was from Popeyes. They
for sure put a lot of seasoning that I did not like. Next was Zatarains
because my mom said it was good. I didn't think so! No doubt it was the
soy sauce and smoke flavoring in there that I disliked.

Ingredients in Zatarains:

Ingredients:
ENRICHED LONG GRAIN PARBOILED RICE (IRON PHOSPHATE, NIACIN, THIAMINE
MONONITRATE, AND FOLIC ACID), COOKED AND DEHYDRATED RED BEANS, ENRICHED
WHEAT FLOUR (NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC
ACID), MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, SALT, DEHYDRATED VEGETABLES (ONION, BELL
PEPPER), SOY SAUCE (100% SOYBEAN), YEAST EXTRACT, DEXTROSE, SOYBEAN OIL,
THIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVORS, MODIFIED CORN
STARCH, TORULA YEAST, NATURAL SMOKE FLAVOR, GARLIC, CARAMEL COLOR, SPICES.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-08, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Feb 7, 9:12*pm, sf > wrote:

>> She was agreeing with you, stupid.

> Yes, I was.

My mistake. I got yours and Marty's post confused. I mean I
responded to part of your... wait... Marty said... no, I meant....

Nevermind. I'm having creole/cajun northern's w/ elk sausage fer
breakfast. That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!!

I discovered something else. Not any hot sauce will do. I have a
half doz hot sauces, but hadda go out and buy a new bottle of Louisiana
Hot Sauce(TM). Nothing else works.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:15:24 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Feb 7, 9:12*pm, sf > wrote:
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> >
> > > wrote:
> > > Yes. * *RED BEANS , not kidney bens or any other bean.

> > I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> > red beans" as prescribed. *What an utter and complete disappointment!
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> What about it disappointed you? Did you use andouille?
> To me, the biggest part of the flavor of red beans and rice is the
> sausage. That is what adds the
> personality to the dish.

Yes, I'm sure I used andouille.... but it may have been after Bruce
Aidells changed it. Not sure if he sold his company or what, but
AFAIC quality plummeted when he went national. I used to like his
andouille - not anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2013-02-08, l not -l > wrote:

> I sort-of agree; Louisiana Hot Sauce is a cayenne hot sauce and, IMO,
> that is the best with beans. Frank's and Crystal brands are also
> cayenne-based and equally good with beans.

I'm not a Frank's fan. The vinegar is too overwhelming. LHS, like
most hot sauces, is pretty vinegary, but jes under the wire.

I'm not a vinegar fan. Walking down the pickle, hot sauce, vinegar
aisle at the mkt or even thinking/talking about anything containing
vinegar makes me break out in a profuse sweat, a weird lifelong
affliction I suffer. OTOH, some things are jes worth enduring. The
love of a good hot sauce is one. Frank's doesn't make the cut.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> It's been said by some folks, here, beans all taste the same after
> cooking. That one cannot tell which bean was used once the dish is
> finished. I think I even agreed. Well, I was wrong, too.
>
> I'm here to tell you is jes ain't so. I jes made up a mess of Cajun
> Red Beans, like Red Beans & Rice. Only, I used great northern dried
> beans. Know what it tastes like? It tastes like great northern beans
> with a whole buncha cajun flavoring. Yep. All the best ingredients.
> Fresh trinity, whole garlic, new bay leaves, Tony Chachere's Creole
> spice, ham, sausage, Louisiana Hot Sauce, etc. Actually, it tastes
> great!! But, it tastes like a great pot of Cajun great northern
> beans, not classic Cajun red beans. So, if ya' want the real deal,
> use red beans.
>
> nb

I'm not crazy about kidney beans, he-who-is-not-Bob.

Sometimes I buy a can of chili beans and whip up a quickie chili when
nobody's looking.

If I get beans in a burrito I have a choice between bland pinto beans and
overpowering black beans. I'll take the overpowering black beans.

W. Pooh (AKA Winnie P.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Feb 2013 19:06:14 GMT, notbob > wrote:

> I'm not a vinegar fan. Walking down the pickle, hot sauce, vinegar
> aisle at the mkt or even thinking/talking about anything containing
> vinegar makes me break out in a profuse sweat, a weird lifelong
> affliction I suffer

That's hubby. Just mention the word "pickled" in front of something
and he automatically doesn't like it: pickled beets, pickled herring,
pickled green beans, pickled asparagus, pickled figs (those didn't
have whisper of vinegar, but he wouldn't try them anyway).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:07:36 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>There is no shame in *having been* wrong. You are now correct, and deserve
>respect for admitting that you were incorrect in the past. Every intelligent
>person has made mistakes. Those who are too insecure to modify their
>positions in the face of evidence don't deserve respect.
>
>--Bryan

Gee, and MAYBE someday you can think and feel outside yourself enough
to apply this theoretical grand-sounding philosophy to ANYONE other
than yourSELF!!

Like that's ever gonna happen!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote in
:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:07:36 -0800 (PST), Bryan
>>There is no shame in *having been* wrong. You are now correct, and
>>deserve respect for admitting that you were incorrect in the past.
>>Every intelligent person has made mistakes. Those who are too
>>insecure to modify their positions in the face of evidence don't
>>deserve respect.
>>
>>--Bryan

> Gee, and MAYBE someday you can think and feel outside yourself enough
> to apply this theoretical grand-sounding philosophy to ANYONE other
> than yourSELF!!
>
> Like that's ever gonna happen!
>
> John Kuthe...

Why don't you two just go get a ****ing room, kiss, do your thing and get
on with life?

--
Peter
Brisbane

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> Ingredients in Zatarains:

I've tried a few Zatarains rice things when I had a coupon. I was NOT
impressed with the food. I don't even consider buying their products now.
Not all that, imo.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:11:36 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
>Why don't you two just go get a ****ing room, kiss, do your thing and get
>on with life?

Because then we would have the pleasure of ****INGYOU OFF!

Non-person!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 8, 2013 4:01:04 PM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:07:36 -0800 (PST), Bryan

> >There is no shame in *having been* wrong. You are now correct, and deserve

> >respect for admitting that you were incorrect in the past. Every intelligent

> >person has made mistakes. Those who are too insecure to modify their

> >positions in the face of evidence don't deserve respect.

> >--Bryan

> Gee, and MAYBE someday you can think and feel outside yourself enough
>
> to apply this theoretical grand-sounding philosophy to ANYONE other
>
> than yourSELF!!
>

> Like that's ever gonna happen!
>

> John Kuthe...

You know, I've lost a friend or two in the past. I never whined like a little bitch to them to try to get them to take me back. I also didn't try to imply that there was something wrong with them because they didn't enjoy my company. And I certainly wouldn't do it online using my real name. Why don't you just move on with life? Seriously. This fixation you have with Bryan is really disturbing. If I were him, I'd beat the living shit out of your faggot ass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> I'm not a Frank's (hot sauce) fan.
> Frank's doesn't make the cut.
>
> nb

Hence the name, notbob.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> That's hubby. Just mention the word "pickled" in front of something
> and he automatically doesn't like it: pickled beets, pickled herring,
> pickled green beans, pickled asparagus, pickled figs (those didn't
> have whisper of vinegar, but he wouldn't try them anyway).

Try telling him that you now have pickled tits. See if he'll be willing to
try them. heheheh Damn, I just turned into Sheldon!

gARY
Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:11:36 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
>>Why don't you two just go get a ****ing room, kiss, do your thing and
>>get on with life?

> Because then we would have the pleasure of ****INGYOU OFF!
>
> Non-person!
>
> John Kuthe...

LOL!!! "Non-person"!!! :-)

BTW, you don't **** me off per se.... you're just an embarassment to the
human race, and everyone cringes when you and your idiot boyfriend get it
on.

--
Peter
Brisbane
Australia

Success isn't so difficult.
Just bite off more than you can chew,
then go do it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 8, 9:29*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 07:15:24 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
>

> > wrote:
> > On Feb 7, 9:12 pm, sf > wrote:
> > > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 17:33:52 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags

> > > I'd never eaten red beans and rice before I made it, but I used "small
> > > red beans" as prescribed. What an utter and complete disappointment!

> > > --
> > > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> > What about it disappointed you? * Did you use andouille?
> > To me, the biggest part of the flavor of red beans and rice is the
> > sausage. * That is what adds the
> > personality to the dish.

> Yes, I'm sure I used andouille.... but it may have been after Bruce
> Aidells changed it. *Not sure if he sold his company or what, but
> AFAIC quality plummeted when he went national. *I used to like his
> andouille - not anymore.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.- Hide quoted text -

Yes, Aidells sucks big ones. You need better sausage. Even a
keilbasa is better than Aidells.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 8, 2:47*pm, Gary > wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> > That's hubby. *Just mention the word "pickled" in front of something
> > and he automatically doesn't like it: pickled beets, pickled herring,
> > pickled green beans, pickled asparagus, pickled figs (those didn't
> > have whisper of vinegar, but he wouldn't try them anyway).

> Try telling him that you now have pickled tits. See if he'll be willing to
> try them. heheheh *Damn, I just turned into Sheldon! *
>
> gARY

Oh...the horrors !!!! LMAO !

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 8, 2013 6:03:40 PM UTC-5, I'm back wrote:
> John Kuthe > wrote in
>
> :
>

> > On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 21:11:36 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >

> >>Why don't you two just go get a ****ing room, kiss, do your thing and

> >>get on with life?

> > Because then we would have the pleasure of ****INGYOU OFF!

> > Non-person!

> > John Kuthe...

> LOL!!! "Non-person"!!! :-)
>

> BTW, you don't **** me off per se.... you're just an embarassment to the
>
> human race, and everyone cringes when you and your idiot boyfriend get it
>
> on.
>

> --
>
> Peter
>
> Brisbane
>
> Australia
>

> Success isn't so difficult.
>
> Just bite off more than you can chew,
>
> then go do it.

You better be careful mister! He might give you a nickname. That'll show YOU! He calls me BillyButt****er, to give you an idea of where his head is at. He might call you PeterI'dLikeToSuck.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 8, 2013 4:37:31 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> On Friday, February 8, 2013 4:01:04 PM UTC-5, "The Gelding" John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 7 Feb 2013 21:07:36 -0800 (PST), Bryan

> > > wrote:

> > >There is no shame in *having been* wrong. You are now correct, and deserve

> > >respect for admitting that you were incorrect in the past. Every intelligent

> > >person has made mistakes. Those who are too insecure to modify their

> > >positions in the face of evidence don't deserve respect.

> > >--Bryan

> > Gee, and MAYBE someday you can think and feel outside yourself enough

> > to apply this theoretical grand-sounding philosophy to ANYONE other

> > than yourSELF!!

> > Like that's ever gonna happen!

> > John Kuthe...

> You know, I've lost a friend or two in the past. I never whined like a little bitch to them to try to get them to take me back. I also didn't try to imply that there was something wrong with them because they didn't enjoy my company. And I certainly wouldn't do it online using my real name. Why don't you just move on with life? Seriously. This fixation you have with Bryan is really disturbing. If I were him, I'd beat the living shit out of your faggot ass.

John is not, to my knowledge, homosexual. He's just abandoned being actively heterosexual. His "fixation" with me is silly, but I don't respond to verbal
attacks with violence. I wish he'd get romantically involved with a nice woman, and put his interest in me in the past--and quit posting to Usenet.

--Bryan