Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Spatula Question

Hey all. Same long time lurker from the "Corn Sugar Question"
delurking for yet another question. *Years* ago I obtained a
"different" sort of spatula for the grill. It's so long ago that I
can't remember if I bought it or received it as a gift. Anyway, what
makes it different is that as opposed to the usual old spatula that is
solid at the end furthest from the handle the end of this one is open
like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
steak, for that matter).

Anyway, my SIL (the one that moved away and left his beer brewing corn
sugar behind!) loves that spatula. I wanted to get one for him as a
gift but have been unsuccessful in tracking one down. First off, I
don't even know what that type of spatula is called. secondly, I've
tried various Google searches with different search terms and
parameters to no avail. So, does anyone here know the name of what I'm
looking for or have a URL to point me to?

Much obliged. TIA,
Jack
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:33:17 -0500, cruciverbalist
> wrote:

>Hey all. Same long time lurker from the "Corn Sugar Question"
>delurking for yet another question. *Years* ago I obtained a
>"different" sort of spatula for the grill. It's so long ago that I
>can't remember if I bought it or received it as a gift. Anyway, what
>makes it different is that as opposed to the usual old spatula that is
>solid at the end furthest from the handle the end of this one is open
>like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
>course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
>between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
>steak, for that matter).
>
>Anyway, my SIL (the one that moved away and left his beer brewing corn
>sugar behind!) loves that spatula. I wanted to get one for him as a
>gift but have been unsuccessful in tracking one down.

Huh... you refer to your SIL as a "him"... does s/he have nice tits?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:37:02 -0500, Brooklyn1
> wrote:

>On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:33:17 -0500, cruciverbalist
> wrote:
>
>>Hey all. Same long time lurker from the "Corn Sugar Question"
>>delurking for yet another question. *Years* ago I obtained a
>>"different" sort of spatula for the grill. It's so long ago that I
>>can't remember if I bought it or received it as a gift. Anyway, what
>>makes it different is that as opposed to the usual old spatula that is
>>solid at the end furthest from the handle the end of this one is open
>>like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
>>course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
>>between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
>>steak, for that matter).
>>
>>Anyway, my SIL (the one that moved away and left his beer brewing corn
>>sugar behind!) loves that spatula. I wanted to get one for him as a
>>gift but have been unsuccessful in tracking one down.

>Huh... you refer to your SIL as a "him"... does s/he have nice tits?

"Son-in-law," you foul-mouthed, feeble-minded, imbecilic, cretin.

With all due respect,
Jack
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 7:33*pm, cruciverbalist > wrote:

> *Years* ago I obtained a
> "different" sort of spatula for the grill. It's so long ago that I
> can't remember if I bought it or received it as a gift.
>
> First off, I
> don't even know what that type of spatula is called. secondly, I've
> tried various Google searches with different search terms and
> parameters to no avail. So, does anyone here know the name of what I'm
> looking for or have a URL to point me to?
>
> Much obliged. TIA,
> Jack

If you can post a picture of this strange tool you'll get a lot more
help than us trying to point you to this site, that site, does it look
like this, does it look like that one, and on and on and on.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cruciverbalist wrote:

> the end of this one is open
> like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
> course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
> between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
> steak, for that matter).

How about this one?

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/grillgrate-tool

G.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 20:33:17 -0500, cruciverbalist
> wrote:

> *Years* ago I obtained a
> "different" sort of spatula for the grill. It's so long ago that I
> can't remember if I bought it or received it as a gift. Anyway, what
> makes it different is that as opposed to the usual old spatula that is
> solid at the end furthest from the handle the end of this one is open
> like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
> course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
> between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
> steak, for that matter).

Is there any way you can take a picture of this contraption... cell
phone, digital camera, and upload it to Tinypic.com or an online album
so we can visualize what you're talking about? A picture is worth a
thousand words!

I came up with this, but it doesn't meet your description according to
the way I read it.
http://www.kzoz.com/jeff-and-jeremy/...2-300x2251.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 00:06:45 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>cruciverbalist wrote:
>>
>> the end of this one is open
>> like a fork (but with tines that are much wider than a fork, of
>> course). That allows for sliding the end of the spatula conveniently
>> between the "spokes" of the grill and easily reach under a burger (or
>> steak, for that matter).

>How about this one?
>
> https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/store/grillgrate-tool

Gary,

Bingo! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much. (And thanks
to everyone else who tried to help.)

Jack
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cruciverbalist wrote:

> >>Anyway, my SIL (the one that moved away and left his beer brewing corn
> >>sugar behind!) loves that spatula. I wanted to get one for him as a
> >>gift but have been unsuccessful in tracking one down.

> >Huh... you refer to your SIL as a "him"... does s/he have nice tits?

> "Son-in-law," you foul-mouthed, feeble-minded, imbecilic, cretin.

Don't be so nice to Sheldon. He'll keep coming back for more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cruciverbalist wrote:

> "Son-in-law," you foul-mouthed, feeble-minded, imbecilic, cretin.

Yup, you been lurkin' long enough to know
the regulars.