Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Why do we eat turkey on Thanksgiving?

Who started this fad anyhow?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Who started this fad anyhow?

The turkey producers?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-11-22, > wrote:
> Who started this fad anyhow?

Turkey farmers.

--
Definition of objectivism:
"Eff you! I got mine."
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:40:22 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> Who started this fad anyhow?

Tradition and history says that wild turkey was one of the things the early settlers relied on for protein.
It is said that the native peoples brought turkey and deer to the settlers when they were starving.

So the tradition of having turkey at the thanksgiving meal was started.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/22/2012 2:20 PM, ImStillMags wrote:

> On Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:40:22 AM UTC-8, wrote:
>> Who started this fad anyhow?

> Tradition and history says that wild turkey was one of the things the early settlers relied on for protein.
> It is said that the native peoples brought turkey and deer to the settlers when they were starving.
>
> So the tradition of having turkey at the thanksgiving meal was started.

Little did they know it would be called a "fad".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 22, 3:08*pm, Doug Freyburger > wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > Who started this fad anyhow?

> Someone before Ben Franklin. *If you're going to have a holiday that
> originated in America may as well do it by eating a bird that originated
> in America. *That and they good really good.

I guess it's a good thing the Pilgrims didn't end up in Antarctica.
We might be eating penguins for Thanksgiving instead.

Thanksgiving turkey no more Janet B General Cooking 117 26-11-2014 05:37 PM
Thanksgiving Turkey Dave Bugg Barbecue 6 04-12-2007 02:37 AM
Another Thanksgiving Turkey Dave Bugg General Cooking 8 26-11-2006 08:09 AM
OT...Fun..Turkey for Thanksgiving !!..... Bigbazza General Cooking 2 21-11-2005 01:00 AM
a message from a turkey on thanksgiving cashier of cinema General Cooking 4 26-11-2004 09:52 PM