Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default hot sauce addiction

HELP!

I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
and I am not that guy, who plans meals

Posted to rec.food.cooking

tert in seattle wrote:
> HELP!
>
> I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
> a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
> telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
> planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
> and I am not that guy, who plans meals

sorry, I forgot an is, before telling

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 4, 10:50*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> tert in seattle wrote:
> > HELP!

> > I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
> > a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
> > telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
> > planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
> > and I am not that guy, who plans meals

> sorry, I forgot an is, before telling

Plan your meals around whether you can work some hot sauce into them?
You don't need to plan your meals to do that. Why, do you think, are
there bottles of Tabasco on every diner table in America?

Because hot sauce goes with everything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:39:47 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> wrote:

> HELP!
>
> I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
> a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
> telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
> planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
> and I am not that guy, who plans meals

We'll know you have a real addiction when you start making your own
hot sauce (something I want to try one of these days).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

spamtrap1888 wrote:
> On Nov 4, 10:50?pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
>> tert in seattle wrote:
>> > HELP!

>> > I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
>> > a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
>> > telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
>> > planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
>> > and I am not that guy, who plans meals

>> sorry, I forgot an is, before telling

> Plan your meals around whether you can work some hot sauce into them?
> You don't need to plan your meals to do that. Why, do you think, are
> there bottles of Tabasco on every diner table in America?
>
> Because hot sauce goes with everything.

that's what I'm talking about

Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article
spamtrap1888 > wrote:

> On Nov 4, 10:50*pm, tert in seattle > wrote:
> > tert in seattle wrote:
> > > HELP!

> > > I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
> > > a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
> > > telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
> > > planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
> > > and I am not that guy, who plans meals

> > sorry, I forgot an is, before telling

> Plan your meals around whether you can work some hot sauce into them?
> You don't need to plan your meals to do that. Why, do you think, are
> there bottles of Tabasco on every diner table in America?
>
> Because hot sauce goes with everything.

Like garlic.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"isw" > wrote in message
]...
> In article spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>> Because hot sauce goes with everything.

> Like garlic.

and soy sauce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in news:k7ae87$28r$1@dont-
email.me:

> "isw" > wrote in message
> ]...
>> In article spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>>> Because hot sauce goes with everything.

>> Like garlic.

> and soy sauce.

Hmmmmmm, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce on oatmeal/porrige.

I don't think so.

--
Peter Lucas KÆmp for alt
Brisbane Hvad du har kÆrt,

Argenta Gap Cemetery, Italy, near Commachio.
Plot 11, SAS Maj. Anders Lassen V.C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
> "Richard K." > wrote in news:k7ae87$28r$1@dont-
> email.me:
>
>> "isw" > wrote in message
>> ]...
>>>
>>> Like garlic.

>> and soy sauce.

> Hmmmmmm, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce on oatmeal/porrige.

Divided in thirds: 1/3 hot sauce, 1/3 garlic, 1/3 soy sauce... with the
addition of mozzarella cheese, and sliced up veggie sausage all around--
would make it a grand-slam breakfast better than anything you will find at
Denny's.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Richard K." > wrote in
:

> "I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
>> "Richard K." > wrote in news:k7ae87$28r$1@dont-
>> email.me:
>>
>>> "isw" > wrote in message
>>> ]...

>>> and soy sauce.

>> Hmmmmmm, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce on oatmeal/porrige.

> Divided in thirds: 1/3 hot sauce, 1/3 garlic, 1/3 soy sauce... with
> the addition of mozzarella cheese, and sliced up veggie sausage all
> around-- would make it a grand-slam breakfast better than anything
> you will find at Denny's.

On oatmeal/porrige???

--
Peter Lucas KÆmp for alt
Brisbane Hvad du har kÆrt,
Australia Dø om saa det gÆlder !
Da er livet ej saa svÆrt
Døden ikke heller

Argenta Gap Cemetery, Italy, near Commachio.
Plot 11, SAS Maj. Anders Lassen V.C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"I'm back on the laptop" > wrote in message
> "Richard K." > wrote in

>> Divided in thirds: 1/3 hot sauce, 1/3 garlic, 1/3 soy sauce... with
>> the addition of mozzarella cheese, and sliced up veggie sausage all
>> around-- would make it a grand-slam breakfast better than anything
>> you will find at Denny's.
>>

> On oatmeal/porrige???

eh.... perhaps with a sunnyside egg on the side?

It would be better with grits than oatmeal.... my future ex used to put
about 3 large spoonfuls of peanut butter in her oatmeal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/6/12 1:10 AM, isw wrote:

>> Because hot sauce goes with everything.

> Like garlic.

Or cold cereal with milk. Yum!

-- Larry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 5, 11:51*pm, "I'm back on the laptop" >
wrote:
> "Richard K." > wrote innews:k7ae87$28r$1@dont-
> email.me:
>
> > "isw" > wrote in message
> > ]...

> >> Like garlic.

> > and soy sauce.

> Hmmmmmm, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce on oatmeal/porrige.
>
> I don't think so.

Not all at once.

But one at a time should be fine.

I remember being grossed out when my dad would melt butter on his
oatmeal when it was 20 below outside. But when I had to go out in the
cold and dark, it made sense.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/4/2012 8:39 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> HELP!
>
> I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
> a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
> telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
> planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
> and I am not that guy, who plans meals

I don't see any problem, I've done this too. It's perfectly normal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/5/2012 4:54 AM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:39:47 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
>> HELP!
>>
>> I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
>> a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
>> telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
>> planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
>> and I am not that guy, who plans meals

> We'll know you have a real addiction when you start making your own
> hot sauce (something I want to try one of these days).

The locals will make a hot sauce called "chili pepper water." It's a few
of the small Hawaiian chiles in water with a little vinegar. It's kinda
harsh but it's a good start for your own hot sauce.

http://www.slashfood.com/2006/03/05/...ian-condiment/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On 11/4/2012 8:39 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>> HELP!
>>
>> I have resorted to telling myself it would be silly to think I've got
>> a problem, but whatever the psyche's analog of peripheral vision is
>> telling me to watch out ... mostly because I realize I have started
>> planning my meals around whether I can work some hot sauce into them...
>> and I am not that guy, who plans meals
>>

> I don't see any problem, I've done this too. It's perfectly normal.

thanks, I feel better...exactly what the addict wants to hear, everything's
fine

SweetTarts addiction neurosis. Andy General Cooking 11 14-10-2006 11:00 AM
Ice Cream Scoop Addiction Curly Sue General Cooking 23 07-07-2006 03:16 PM
Cigarettes and Alcohol Addiction Arnold General Cooking 98 21-11-2005 05:48 AM
Re-Addiction Earl Coffee 1 15-10-2005 05:08 PM
Chocolate Addiction Lisa Chocolate 5 13-09-2004 05:22 PM