Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default SweetTarts addiction neurosis.

When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I pop
one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop that one
too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm about ready to
unwrap the whole roll to begin with.

That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits, I'm
down to one roll a day. Whew.

I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on Halloween
hooked. Why should I have all the fun?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Fri 13 Oct 2006 01:29:52p, Andy meant to say...

> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I
> pop one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop
> that one too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm
> about ready to unwrap the whole roll to begin with.
>
> That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits,
> I'm down to one roll a day. Whew.
>
> I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on Halloween
> hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
>

> Andy

You have a very serious problem, Andy! I know of no option other than eating
the evidence.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I pop
> one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop that
> one
> too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm about ready to
> unwrap the whole roll to begin with.
>
> That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits, I'm
> down to one roll a day. Whew.
>
> I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on Halloween
> hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
>

> Andy

I have to have consumed equal amounts on each side of my mouth so that my
teeth feel the same.

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Elisa said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message
>> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I
>> pop one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to
>> pop that one
>> too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm about
>> ready to unwrap the whole roll to begin with.
>>
>> That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits,
>> I'm down to one roll a day. Whew.
>>
>> I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on
>> Halloween hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
>>

>> Andy

> I have to have consumed equal amounts on each side of my mouth so that
> my teeth feel the same.
>
> Elisa

Eliza,

OH YES!!! I'm familiar. I sprouted a new cavity late this summer, dammit!

The price we pay for goodness.

All the best,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I pop
> one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop that one
> too.

If the next SweetTart is the same flavor, I move on to the next one.
BTW, I can quit anytime I want to. No, really, I can.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Elisa wrote:

>>I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on Halloween
>>hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
>>

> I have to have consumed equal amounts on each side of my mouth so that my
> teeth feel the same.

I used to love the giant sized chewy ones. Do they even make those any
more? I haven't seen them in... decades....

My tongue is numb right now from Smarties. I managed to get a bag this
year before they sold out. There might be some left by Halloween.

Dawn
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 13, 1:29 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I pop
> one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop that one
> too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm about ready to
> unwrap the whole roll to begin with....

Andy, I so enjoyed your tell, and certainly can relate. Just a few
years back one of my Marines got me hooked on Sour Skittles. I only
have them at work, and when I do I have to pop one of each of the five
colors/flavors into my mouth at once. What I call the left over
oddballs, only because of my one of each color demand, sit in a nice
"for the kids" covered bowl on my desk corner. The Corporal nearest my
desk once in a while gets a slight hollar from the office end area,
asking "Hey, Posa! Are there any yellow ones left?"

....Picky

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PickyJaz said...

> On Oct 13, 1:29 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
>> When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I
>> pop one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to
>> pop that one too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right!
>> I'm about ready to unwrap the whole roll to begin with....

> Andy, I so enjoyed your tell, and certainly can relate. Just a few
> years back one of my Marines got me hooked on Sour Skittles. I only
> have them at work, and when I do I have to pop one of each of the five
> colors/flavors into my mouth at once. What I call the left over
> oddballs, only because of my one of each color demand, sit in a nice
> "for the kids" covered bowl on my desk corner. The Corporal nearest
> my desk once in a while gets a slight hollar from the office end area,
> asking "Hey, Posa! Are there any yellow ones left?"
>
> ...Picky

Sour Skittles???

OH, NO!!!

Thanks and all the best,

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Dawn wrote:

> I used to love the giant sized chewy ones. Do they even make those any
> more? I haven't seen them in... decades....

Yes - we gave them out for Halloween last year.

> My tongue is numb right now from Smarties. I managed to get a bag this
> year before they sold out. There might be some left by Halloween.

I'm a Smarties girl, meself!

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wayne Boatwright wrote:
> Oh pshaw, on Fri 13 Oct 2006 01:29:52p, Andy meant to say...
>
> > When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I
> > pop one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop
> > that one too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm
> > about ready to unwrap the whole roll to begin with.
> >
> > That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits,
> > I'm down to one roll a day. Whew.
> >
> > I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on Halloween
> > hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
> >

> > Andy
> >

> You have a very serious problem, Andy! I know of no option other than eating
> the evidence.
>
> --
> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
> _____________________

All sweet-tarts are Confuscated!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Oh pshaw, on Fri 13 Oct 2006 10:14:06p, dee meant to say...

> Wayne Boatwright wrote:
>> Oh pshaw, on Fri 13 Oct 2006 01:29:52p, Andy meant to say...
>>
>> > When going through a roll of SweetTarts I dissolve each one, but if I
>> > pop one in my mouth and the next one is the same flavor, I have to pop
>> > that one too. I've had five at a time and that's just not right! I'm
>> > about ready to unwrap the whole roll to begin with.
>> >
>> > That AND since I let them dissolve as opposed to biting them to bits,
>> > I'm down to one roll a day. Whew.
>> >
>> > I've got to find a box or two of them so I can get the kids on

Halloween
>> > hooked. Why should I have all the fun?
>> >

>> > Andy
>> >

>> You have a very serious problem, Andy! I know of no option other than

ea
>> ting the evidence.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬ _____________________

> All sweet-tarts are Confuscated!

And I suppose we'll find you eating them after you confuscate them! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright

Seen it. Done that. Got the souvenir hat with my
name on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Daughter Jess has a chronic sweet tooth - smarties, m&ms, minties, musk
sticks, fake cigarettes (fads here in Aus) those disgusting yellow
'bananas', jelly beans, fantales, you name it, she'd addicted.
She'd spend 1/3 her earnings (while working as a Maccas chick) on sweet
delights.
Our rubbish bin on removal night was filled to capacity!
She moved out about 5 months ago, and our wheelie bin hasn't been more
than half full since her departure. She still buys the stuff and stores
it in 'lolly jars' (6) which do seem to see some action, judging by the
levels when we visit...lol. But no where near the amount she'd buy
daily or weekly!
She'd buy the stuff. Store it. Figure it was no good eating it - there
were KILOS of the stuff - so each fortnight or so, she'd cull the
opened - yet stored in airtight containers which she bought!!- packets
and hurl them into the bin.
She tells me it was therapy. As long as she could buy them, yet perhaps
not consume them, she was happy.
Such a waste!!
Wish I'd known... particularly during PMT....hindsight is a wonderous
thing!

Personally, I LOVE maltesers, choc coated turkish delight (only Fry's),
Starburst Sour gummi worms (awesome!) Lindt Dark (75% does it for
me)...and cadbury fruit & nut chocolate (and at Christmas the fruit &
nut assorted mix available in jars)

LadyJane
--
"Never trust a skinny cook!"

hot sauce addiction tert in seattle General Cooking 16 06-11-2012 10:29 PM
Fridge Neurosis?!? Andy[_15_] General Cooking 14 20-05-2009 04:43 PM
Re-Addiction Earl Coffee 1 15-10-2005 05:08 PM
Chocolate Addiction Lisa Chocolate 5 13-09-2004 05:22 PM