Member

Default Brand new!

Hi all,
I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a recipe!

Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora
> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> recipe!
>
> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>
> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>

> grandmadora

Never heard of them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 8:22*pm, "
> wrote:
> On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora<grandmadora.ac28368.619...@foodbanter. com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> > recipe!

> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

> > So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!

> > grandmadora

> Never heard of them.

They are usually in a bucket as you check out of your favorite
convenience store. I believe there is hazelnuts (or filberts if you
prefer) involved.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
> wrote:
> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

I just found more than 10 Google pages for German chocolate makings by
typing in just four words:

german chocolate candy recipe

Try that search...Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in
:

> On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora
> > wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
>> recipe!
>>
>> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>>
>> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>>

>> grandmadora
>>

> Never heard of them.

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...ood_&_Candy/Fo
od_&_Candy/Ice_Cube_Chocolates_%289_oz._Bag%29/47288

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:22:01 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi all,
> > I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> > recipe!
> >
> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
> >
> > So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
> >

> > grandmadora
> >

> Never heard of them.

I haven't either, but there are a lot of things I've never heard of
that people wax nostalgic about here.
http://www.oldtimecandy.com/ice-cubes.htm

I'm not big on recreating commercial products anyway.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

grandmadora > wrote in
:

> Hi all,
> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> recipe!
>
> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>
> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!

http://www.candywarehouse.com/candy-...-foil-wrapped-
chocolates/products/ice-cubes-chocolates-120-piece-tub/

Be easier just to buy them in bulk :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 10:27*pm, merryb > wrote:

> On Oct 15, 8:22*pm, "
>
> > wrote:
> > On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora<grandmadora.ac28368.619...@foodbanter. .com> wrote:

> > > Hi all,
> > > I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> > > recipe!

> > > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> > > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

> > > So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!

> > > grandmadora

> > Never heard of them.

> They are usually in a bucket as you check out of your favorite
> convenience store. I believe there is hazelnuts (or filberts if you
> prefer) involved.

Ok, I did search on these candies and what they look like and no, I've
never seen these. Maybe a regional favorite?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 10:48*pm, "I'm back" > wrote:

> http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...tail/Food_&_Ca...
> od_&_Candy/Ice_Cube_Chocolates_%289_oz._Bag%29/47288

Dead link.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:49:22 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:22:01 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 15, 9:50*pm, grandmadora
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi all,
>> > I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
>> > recipe!
>> >
>> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>> >
>> > So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>> >

>> > grandmadora
>> >

>> Never heard of them.

>I haven't either, but there are a lot of things I've never heard of
>that people wax nostalgic about here.
>http://www.oldtimecandy.com/ice-cubes.htm
>
>I'm not big on recreating commercial products anyway.

The *how* of these would be interesting. They melt rapidly and
actually feel cool in your mouth.

the chocolate is good-- but it i the texture 7 rapid melt that make
them good.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse
> wrote:

> On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
> > wrote:
> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

> I just found more than 10 Google pages for German chocolate makings by
> typing in just four words:
>
> german chocolate candy recipe
>
> Try that search...Picky

How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message

On Oct 15, 10:48 pm, "I'm back" > wrote:

> http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...tail/Food_&_Ca...
> od_&_Candy/Ice_Cube_Chocolates_%289_oz._Bag%29/47288

Dead link.

******************
You'll have to copy/paste the entire URL into your browser. Or go to The
Vermont Country Store web site and search for Ice Cube Chocolates under
candy.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote in news:70nq78l2gu533ld9m4rv0drc8a76kf0nln@
4ax.com:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse
> > wrote:
>
>> On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
>> > wrote:
>> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

>> I just found more than 10 Google pages for German chocolate makings by
>> typing in just four words:
>>
>> german chocolate candy recipe
>>
>> Try that search...Picky

> How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?

What's up Barb? You seem to be a bit "out of sorts"..... ie; short.

Peter
Tasmania
Australia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse
> > wrote:
>
>> On Oct 15, 7:50 pm, grandmadora
>> > wrote:
>> > Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>> > they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.

>> I just found more than 10 Google pages for German chocolate makings by
>> typing in just four words:
>>
>> german chocolate candy recipe
>>
>> Try that search...Picky

> How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?

I tried a search and no recipe came up. I think they have hazelnut paste in
them. This surprised me. I never would have guessed it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:25:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
wrote:

>sf > wrote in news:70nq78l2gu533ld9m4rv0drc8a76kf0nln@
>4ax.com:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
>>> I just found more than 10 Google pages for German chocolate makings by
>>> typing in just four words:
>>>
>>> german chocolate candy recipe
>>>
>>> Try that search...Picky

>> How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?
>>

>What's up Barb? You seem to be a bit "out of sorts"..... ie; short.
>

>Peter
>Tasmania
>Australia

Out of sorts nothing, sf is *always* a nasty ****... she's probably
especially annoyed about chocolate now being how her 300 pound
o-cellulite ass has grown out of her wardrobe, she has resorted to
wearing bed sheets. You'd be out of sorts too if you had to sew two
queen sheets together to make one muumuu.
sf hiding her O-CELLO ass:
http://getoffmyinternets.net/gomi-fo...enie/page-253/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 6:07*am, sf > wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse
>
> > wrote:
> > On Oct 15, 7:50 pm, grandmadora
> > > wrote:
> > german chocolate candy recipe

> > Try that search...Picky

> How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?

Sf, exactly. Because I don't know exactly what she wants, I suggested
she try searching through the 10+ pages.
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/16/2012 8:06 AM, sf wrote:

> I vote for regional.

Never heard of them, and I do love me some chocolate. I could not find
it on Wikipedia, either. It is either regional, or it was before my time.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
> recipe!
>
> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>
> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>
> --
> grandmadora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 10:01:42 -0700 (PDT), Chemo
> wrote:

>On Oct 15, 7:50*pm, grandmadora
> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
>> recipe!
>>
>> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>>
>> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>>
>> --
>> grandmadora

Yes, yes, Chemo, as you, of course, are of such exalted worth here on
rec.food.cooking.

You're a flaming idiot.

Boron
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Chocolate Ice cube recipe [was Brand new!]

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:30:49 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:57:18 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
>
>> 3 spoons powdered sugar or powdered coconut palm crystals

>I guess that's their Kent way of saying powdered palm sugar?

I was hoping you knew.<g> I used powdered sugar.

Next batch is from here-
http://www.damyhealth.com/2012/03/ho...il-chocolates/

She 'healthed it up' by using maple syrup for the sweetener.

"This recipe is gluten-free, dairy free, vegan, raw, nut free,
no-bake, 3 ingredient recipe, 1 minute prep and decadent!"

I'll wait a couple days before trying it- the less temptation there is
here, the better off I am.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:36:23 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:55:25 -0700 (PDT),
>
> wrote:
>

> > On Oct 15, 10:48�pm, "I'm back" > wrote:

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...tail/Food_&_Ca....

> >> od_&_Candy/Ice_Cube_Chocolates_%289_oz._Bag%29/47288

> > Dead link.

> Nah, it's just a dead brain that posted it. He wrapped the URL so
>
> that it's not clickable.
>

> -sw

Bullshit...it is fully clickable.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/16/2012 9:51 AM, l, not -l wrote:
> On 15-Oct-2012, " >
> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 15, 9:50 pm, grandmadora
>> > wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm grandmadora and just found your site while I was searching for a
>>> recipe!
>>>
>>> Anybody know how to make those little square German chocolate candies
>>> they call "Ice Cubes"? I would give anything to be able to make them.
>>>
>>> So nice to be among fellow "foodies"!
>>>

>>> grandmadora
>>>

>> Never heard of them.

> I have and they are very different than most chocolate candies. They are
> squares that melt in the mouth and feel cool as they melt. It is to other
> chocolate bars/squares as cotton-candy is to hard-candy.

I loved them as a kid. They were the 5 cent candy, compared to the 2
cent (whatever it was). I think it came in a raisin version. They were
rich and melty. I wasn't sure that's what the OP was asking for because
it doesn't seem like something you would make.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 8:06*am, sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:04:39 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>

> > > Ok, I did search on these candies and what they look like and no, I've
> > > never seen these. *Maybe a regional favorite?

> > I don't think so. *They were popular in the 1960's. *Most places sold them
> > at the checkout counter. *They were in some sort of display and I think they
> > sold two for a nickel. *These days they are much harder to fine.

> I vote for regional.

Me too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 3:47*am, John John > wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:55:25 -0700 (PDT), "
>

> >>http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...tail/Food_&_Ca....
> >> od_&_Candy/Ice_Cube_Chocolates_%289_oz._Bag%29/47288

> >Dead link.

> And now?
>
> <http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Food_&_Ca...>

Yes, that's a working link.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 2:11*pm, Roy > wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:36:23 AM UTC-6, Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:55:25 -0700 (PDT),

> > wrote:

> > > Dead link.

> > Nah, it's just a dead brain that posted it. *He wrapped the URL so

> > that it's not clickable.

> > -sw

> Bullshit...it is fully clickable.

You're right it IS clickable but I get an error page with that link,
however his _corrected link_ opens right up to the product.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 16, 1:23*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:38:00 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
> > On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:30:49 -0500, Sqwertz >
> > wrote:

> >>I guess that's their Kent way of saying powdered palm sugar?

> > I was hoping you knew.<g> * * I used powdered sugar.

> It's palm sugar, I'm sure. *You can use demara sugar or piloncillo.
>
> I'd try to make some if I had coconut oil, but alas...

jaggery or gulu melaka
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" > wrote in
:

> On Oct 16, 2:11*pm, Roy > wrote:

>> Bullshit...it is fully clickable.

> You're right it IS clickable but I get an error page with that link,
> however his _corrected link_ opens right up to the product.

Obviously, you need to be spoon fed at each meal.

When a link is 'wrapped'..... just exercise your fingers (and Oh, your
brain) and viola' the world will open up to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 <Gravesend1> wrote in
:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:25:25 +0000 (UTC), "I'm back" >
> wrote:
>
>>sf > wrote in news:70nq78l2gu533ld9m4rv0drc8a76kf0nln@
>>4ax.com:
>>
>>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:44:04 -0700 (PDT), Jeanine Alyse

>>> How do you know they're even remotely like what she wants?
>>>

>>What's up Barb? You seem to be a bit "out of sorts"..... ie; short.
>>

>>Peter
>>Tasmania
>>Australia

> Out of sorts nothing, sf is *always*

There is no need for that, no need at all.

Grow up, Penmarto, and try and work on the basis of "If I don't have
anything nice to say, I won't say anything at all." Or at least stop
being a derogatory little schoolboy.

Peter
Tasmania
Australia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce Hound > wrote in
:

*Sigh*......... I see your mental illness hasn't improved spurtz.

Peter
Tasmania
Australia
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 17/10/2012 11:40 AM, wrote:
> On Oct 16, 3:47 am, John John > wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:55:25 -0700 (PDT), "

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...tail/Food_&_Ca....

>>> Dead link.

>> And now?
>>
>> <http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/store/jump/productDetail/Food_&_Ca...>
>>

> Yes, that's a working link.

The original worked but you needed to copy it, then paste it into your
browser. Clicking on it didn't worked.

Would have been better as a tinyURL, then wrapping wouldn't have been an
issue. But then, Peter's not the brightest candle, is he?

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 12:10:16 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 17 Oct 2012 07:11:22 -0400, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-
>> The texture *would* have been right on had I sifted the cocoa and
>> sugar together. The 'cooling in your mouth' is there.

>I take it you're using unrefined coconut oil? I've only had it once
>but I don't recall much coconut flavor. I forgot where all I used it,
>but I bought refined mostly. Haven't bought it for a while.

I'm using Efa Gold-
http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-Ef...dp/B003OGKCDC/

I've been playing with it for months in about a dozen recipes. This
is the first time it is such a major player. Most of the other
recipes have been underwhelming- even popping popcorn with it.

>If you use butter I'd use clarified butter (or ghee).

Why? Those Fudgy Buttons use regular butter and it works very
similarly.

Does clarified butter return to a solid at room temp? [I can't
remember- it's been decades since I bothered to clarify butter- I like
my salt & solids, I guess.]

To me, chocolate is at its best at room temp- if I had to store it in
the fridge it would kill the deal.

Jim
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I just read how on a site called closet crafter. She used 1 part coconut oil to 2 parts chocolate. Instructions on melting on her site.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 7:54:13 PM UTC-5, Jeßus wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 17:21:30 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> >I just read how on a site called closet pervert. She used 1 part coconut oil to 2 parts chocolate as an organic and tasty lube. Instructions on melting on her site.

> Awesome. Now, go away.

I'll second that advice, Jebus.

Hy Top brand Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 8 23-06-2011 10:20 AM
Brand New Allegrobox General Cooking 115 29-10-2010 09:55 PM
What brand of dehydrator? beehappy1950 Preserving 5 03-12-2009 08:14 AM
(2009-04-30) NS-RFC: To Brand or Not To Brand... ChattyCathy General Cooking 62 11-05-2009 10:43 AM
Anyone know the brand? paula'sfan General Cooking 3 21-07-2005 08:37 PM