Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 2012-08-18 Dinner

Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)

Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
oregano, coriander, and scallions)

Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:

> Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
> spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)
>
> Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
> loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
> oregano, coriander, and scallions)
>
> Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea
>
> Bob

Sounds amazing, Bob. And you're not a chef? You, Steve, and a few others
are good inspirations for RFC.

One of the few things I've liked olive oil with is fresh spinach quick
cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic. This will be
my first test of the new olive oil brand that I bought last week.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>One of the few things I've liked olive oil with is fresh spinach quick
>cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic. This will be
>my first test of the new olive oil brand that I bought last week.

Spinach is far superior lightly sauted in bacon fat with crisp
crumbled bacon. Quality EVOO shouldn't ever be cooked... not ever
being heated is what makes it EVOO. Quality EVOO is the first *cold*
pressing. There are far less pricey grades of olive oil for cooking.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Brooklyn1 wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >
> >One of the few things I've liked olive oil with is fresh spinach quick
> >cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic. This will be
> >my first test of the new olive oil brand that I bought last week.

> Spinach is far superior lightly sauted in bacon fat with crisp
> crumbled bacon. Quality EVOO shouldn't ever be cooked... not ever
> being heated is what makes it EVOO. Quality EVOO is the first *cold*
> pressing. There are far less pricey grades of olive oil for cooking.

I'm listening to you. I'm trying to learn here.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

>> Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
>> spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)
>>
>> Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
>> loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
>> oregano, coriander, and scallions)
>>
>> Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

> Sounds amazing, Bob. And you're not a chef? You, Steve, and a few others
> are good inspirations for RFC.

Thank you for your kind words. No, I'm not a chef, just an enthusiastic
amateur.

> One of the few things I've liked olive oil with is fresh spinach quick
> cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic. This will be
> my first test of the new olive oil brand that I bought last week.

Try that same cooking method with zucchini sliced into planks.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Brooklyn1 wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> One of the few things I've liked olive oil with is fresh spinach quick
>>> cooked in a skillet with a little olive oil and minced garlic. This will be
>>> my first test of the new olive oil brand that I bought last week.

>> Spinach is far superior lightly sauted in bacon fat with crisp
>> crumbled bacon. Quality EVOO shouldn't ever be cooked... not ever
>> being heated is what makes it EVOO. Quality EVOO is the first *cold*
>> pressing. There are far less pricey grades of olive oil for cooking.

> I'm listening to you. I'm trying to learn here.

For once Brooke Lynne has a point which many consider valid, but it
flies in the face of what many Italians (especially Romans, from what I
understand) actually use in the kitchen. I think it's likely that EVOO
is less expensive in Rome than it is half a world away.

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 18, 10:25*pm, Bob Terwilliger >
wrote:
> Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
> spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)
>
> Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
> loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
> oregano, coriander, and scallions)
>
> Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

Translation: Chef Boy-Ar-Dee ravioli eaten straight from the can, in
front of the tee-vee (watching "Three's Company re-runs), in yer
smelly sweaty wife-beater tee-shirt with said canned raviolii dripped
all over the front, while sporadically scratching and pulling at your
under-developed balls through yellowed y-fronts with a sporty brown
stripe down the back. You fat mother-****er.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 31, 2:25*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
> On Aug 18, 10:25*pm, Bob Terwilliger >
> wrote:
>
> > Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
> > spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)

> > Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
> > loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
> > oregano, coriander, and scallions)

> > Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

> Translation: *Chef Boy-Ar-Dee ravioli eaten straight from the can, in
> front of the tee-vee (watching "Three's Company re-runs), in yer
> smelly sweaty wife-beater tee-shirt with said canned raviolii dripped
> all over the front, while sporadically scratching and pulling at your
> under-developed balls through yellowed y-fronts with a sporty brown
> stripe down the back. *You fat mother-****er.

You should talk. Be sure and tell us when you can touch your knees.
Here ya are trying.
http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/up...exercising.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 14:28:54 -0700 (PDT), Chemo
> wrote:

>On Aug 31, 2:25*pm, projectile vomit chick
> wrote:
>> On Aug 18, 10:25*pm, Bob Terwilliger >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
>> > spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)

>> > Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
>> > loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
>> > oregano, coriander, and scallions)

>> > Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

>> Translation: *Chef Boy-Ar-Dee ravioli eaten straight from the can, in
>> front of the tee-vee (watching "Three's Company re-runs), in yer
>> smelly sweaty wife-beater tee-shirt with said canned raviolii dripped
>> all over the front, while sporadically scratching and pulling at your
>> under-developed balls through yellowed y-fronts with a sporty brown
>> stripe down the back. *You fat mother-****er.

>You should talk. Be sure and tell us when you can touch your knees.

You are a disgusting little turd, atleast she wouldn't lower herself
to lip lock Bobi T's tool which you enjoy daily.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/31/2012 9:10 AM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> Brooklyn1 wrote:

>>> Spinach is far superior lightly sauted in bacon fat with crisp
>>> crumbled bacon. Quality EVOO shouldn't ever be cooked... not ever
>>> being heated is what makes it EVOO. Quality EVOO is the first *cold*
>>> pressing. There are far less pricey grades of olive oil for cooking.

>> I'm listening to you. I'm trying to learn here.

> For once Brooke Lynne has a point which many consider valid, but it
> flies in the face of what many Italians (especially Romans, from what I
> understand) actually use in the kitchen. I think it's likely that EVOO
> is less expensive in Rome than it is half a world away.

I think its best to just use what you want and if you like it, **** what
others have to say about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

PVC wrote enviously:

>> Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
>> spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)
>>
>> Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
>> loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
>> oregano, coriander, and scallions)
>>
>> Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

> Translation: Chef Boy-Ar-Dee ravioli eaten straight from the can, in
> front of the tee-vee (watching "Three's Company re-runs), in yer
> smelly sweaty wife-beater tee-shirt with said canned raviolii dripped
> all over the front, while sporadically scratching and pulling at your
> under-developed balls through yellowed y-fronts with a sporty brown
> stripe down the back. You fat mother-****er.

Heh... not so much imagination as a recounting of a typical PVC Saturday
night, isn't it?

Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chester wrote:

>>> Salad: spinach, steamed golden beets, green plums, toasted almonds, and
>>> spiced yogurt dressing (cinnamon, cardamom, and cloves)
>>>
>>> Sandwich: pita, roasted red bell peppers, pepperoncini, and homemade
>>> loukaniko (ground pork, orange zest, fennel seeds, salt, pepper,
>>> oregano, coriander, and scallions)
>>>
>>> Semifreddo: peaches, mascarpone, whipped cream, ginger-spiced sweet tea

>> Translation: Chef Boy-Ar-Dee ravioli eaten straight from the can, in
>> front of the tee-vee (watching "Three's Company re-runs), in yer
>> smelly sweaty wife-beater tee-shirt with said canned raviolii dripped
>> all over the front, while sporadically scratching and pulling at your
>> under-developed balls through yellowed y-fronts with a sporty brown
>> stripe down the back. You fat mother-****er.

> You go girl ;-)

Been a while since you posted here under your "Stu" pseudonym, hasn't
it? I know summer is a busy time for you, what with the kids being out
of school and all.

Bob