Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default World Market Finds

I was running low on dried shallots. I assumed I had purchased those at
Target because the bottle looks just like their spice bottles. Nope. They
came from World Market. I bought 2 bottles of those because they were on
sale 20% off and they go really well in a tuna or chicken salad.

Sadly they did not have any lupini beans. I know I have seen them somewhere
but maybe it was when we lived on Cape Cod. I read that they are commonly
eaten in Portugal as well as Italy and there are a lot of Portuguese people
who live there. The manager was going to look into it and try to order some
for me. Yay! I have found them online but am unwilling to pay $12 or so
for postage on one jar.

I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some whole
wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't eat
them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like maybe
octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based product?
She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she would
like these.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:52:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some whole
>> wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't
>> eat
>> them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like
>> maybe
>> octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based
>> product?
>> She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she
>> would
>> like these.

> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
> through hoops.
>
> -sw

and we don't have to look far to determine where she got her training.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
news
> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:52:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some whole
>> wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't
>> eat
>> them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like
>> maybe
>> octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based
>> product?
>> She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she
>> would
>> like these.

> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
> through hoops.
>
> -sw

I think her mother is a lunatic.

Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my breakfast of scrambled eggs, mashed potato
pancakes and sausage patties. I'm not allergic to food

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:52:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
>>> whole
>>> wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't
>>> eat
>>> them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like
>>> maybe
>>> octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based
>>> product?
>>> She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she
>>> would
>>> like these.

>> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
>> through hoops.
>>
>> -sw

> I think her mother is a lunatic.
>
> Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my breakfast of scrambled eggs, mashed
> potato pancakes and sausage patties. I'm not allergic to food
>
> Jill

yeah, I'm not allergic to life, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 05:45:35 -0700, "Pico Rico" >
wrote:

>"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:52:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some whole
>>> wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't
>>> eat
>>> them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like
>>> maybe
>>> octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based
>>> product?
>>> She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she
>>> would
>>> like these.

>> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
>> through hoops.
>>
>> -sw

>and we don't have to look far to determine where she got her training.

Actually they both need to get laid.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 20:52:50 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
>>> whole
>>> wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she wouldn't
>>> eat
>>> them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some things like
>>> maybe
>>> octopus or snails without even trying them. But a vegetable based
>>> product?
>>> She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato fries. I would think she
>>> would
>>> like these.

>> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
>> through hoops.
>>
>> -sw

> I think her mother is a lunatic.
>
> Meanwhile, I'm going to enjoy my breakfast of scrambled eggs, mashed
> potato pancakes and sausage patties. I'm not allergic to food

Neither am I.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
> whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she
> wouldn't eat them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some
> things like maybe octopus or snails without even trying them. But a
> vegetable based product? She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato
> fries. I would think she would like these.

Next time threaten her with "If you don't eat your dinner then no
desert":
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Compote-108592

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
>> whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she
>> wouldn't eat them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some
>> things like maybe octopus or snails without even trying them. But a
>> vegetable based product? She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato
>> fries. I would think she would like these.

> Next time threaten her with "If you don't eat your dinner then no
> desert":
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Compote-108592

We never eat dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
gtr gtr is offline

On 2012-06-04 19:43:18 +0000, Sqwertz said:

> A fully loaded hot dog (no chilli or sauerkraut).

What's it become if you add chili or sauerkraut--over loaded?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2012 1:43 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:24:55 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> news >>
>>> Because she's an unreasonable brat who just likes to make you jump
>>> through hoops.

>> I think her mother is a lunatic.

> It could be some sort of defense mechanism she uses against her
> mother. We only know what Julie tells us (which is already way too
> much) but I'm pretty sure we only know carefully selected parts of the
> whole picture.

She tells us only what she wants us to know. I concur.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2012 3:28 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Brooklyn1"<Gravesend1> wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>>
>>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
>>> whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she
>>> wouldn't eat them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some
>>> things like maybe octopus or snails without even trying them. But a
>>> vegetable based product? She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato
>>> fries. I would think she would like these.

>> Next time threaten her with "If you don't eat your dinner then no
>> desert":
>> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Compote-108592

> We never eat dessert.

Of course not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2012 12:39 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I did find thin, whole wheat pizza crusts that I can eat. And some
>> whole wheat and sweet potato gnocchi. Daughter immediately said she
>> wouldn't eat them. I don't know why! I can see refusing to eat some
>> things like maybe octopus or snails without even trying them. But a
>> vegetable based product? She loves pasta and she loves sweet potato
>> fries. I would think she would like these.

> Next time threaten her with "If you don't eat your dinner then no
> desert":
> http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Compote-108592

They'll find it stomped into the floor in the corners weeks later.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> It is both. She was losing it slowly on the thyroid med. Very quickly now
> that she is on South Beach. She tried low carb prior and it didn't help.

Aerobic exercise is the key to making any diet work...walking, running, bike
riding. It's going to be slow if she (or anyone) skips that part.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> It is both. She was losing it slowly on the thyroid med. Very quickly
>> now
>> that she is on South Beach. She tried low carb prior and it didn't help.

> Aerobic exercise is the key to making any diet work...walking, running,
> bike
> riding. It's going to be slow if she (or anyone) skips that part.

She takes 12 hours a week of dance.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 9:54*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in ....
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> >> It is both. *She was losing it slowly on the thyroid med. *Very quickly
> >> now
> >> that she is on South Beach. *She tried low carb prior and it didn't help.

> > Aerobic exercise is the key to making any diet work...walking, running,
> > bike
> > riding. It's going to be slow if she (or anyone) skips that part.

> She takes 12 hours a week of dance.

That is not enough exercise to do it- you 2 should be taking a good
walk daily. I'm sure you can't for a number of reasons, but it would
do you good regardless...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:
> On Jun 6, 9:54 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> Aerobic exercise is the key to making any diet work...walking,
>>> running, bike
>>> riding. It's going to be slow if she (or anyone) skips that part.

>> She takes 12 hours a week of dance.

> That is not enough exercise to do it- you 2 should be taking a good
> walk daily. I'm sure you can't for a number of reasons, but it would
> do you good regardless...

Are you freaking kidding me? Have you ever taken a dance class? And no. I
can't walk. I am disabled.

World Market Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 40 09-07-2011 04:13 AM
World Market Nad R General Cooking 1 06-07-2011 11:20 PM
Asian market finds Cindy Fuller[_2_] General Cooking 5 02-07-2010 06:01 AM
farmers' market finds bulka[_2_] General Cooking 13 01-10-2008 02:13 AM
World Market Find koko General Cooking 20 10-01-2008 03:42 PM