Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default World Market

"Randy Johnson" > wrote:
> On 5-Jul-2011, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
>
>> Why do people say just husband or daughter or son and not use the word
>> "my" before? You wouldn't say, I can't get dog to lie down or I lost
>> cat the other day.

> Why do the English say "in hospital" and USonians say "in the hospital"?

That is because the "English" are "inhospitable" while those in the USA are
good at putting others that are "inhospitable".... "in the hospital". The
"English" have rarely used proper English. Like those from Spain, their
language also fell from grace to Latin America".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:00:37 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> "Randy Johnson" > wrote:
> > On 5-Jul-2011, Chemo the Clown > wrote:
> >
> >> Why do people say just husband or daughter or son and not use the word
> >> "my" before? You wouldn't say, I can't get dog to lie down or I lost
> >> cat the other day.

> > Why do the English say "in hospital" and USonians say "in the hospital"?

> That is because the "English" are "inhospitable" while those in the USA are
> good at putting others that are "inhospitable".... "in the hospital".

ROTFLMAO!