Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

Default I'm going to buy a package of this at the grocery store today.

It's made with manioc. It's common in Brazil. It's about 17 grams
of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
protein AND gluten free.

I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
There is a store locater on the site.

Read the story and the FAQ's. Sounds really intriguing to me.

http://www.chebe.com/

Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 5, 9:03*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> It's made with manioc. * It's common in Brazil. *It's about 17 grams
> of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
> protein AND gluten free.
>
> I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
> There is a store locater on the site.
>
> Read the story and the FAQ's. * *Sounds really intriguing to me.
>
> http://www.chebe.com/
>
> Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.

OK. Back from the grocery. I got a package of the Foccacia Mix.
I'm going to make it to go along with
dinner tonight. I'll let you know how it comes out. If it is
really good I'm going to figure out my own recipe using
manioc flour (tapioca flour). I like this idea.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 5, 12:30*pm, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On May 5, 9:03*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > It's made with manioc. * It's common in Brazil. *It's about 17 grams
> > of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
> > protein AND gluten free.

> > I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
> > There is a store locater on the site.

> > Read the story and the FAQ's. * *Sounds really intriguing to me.

> >http://www.chebe.com/

> > Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.

> OK. * Back from the grocery. * I got a package of the Foccacia Mix.
> I'm going to make it to go along with
> dinner tonight. * I'll let you know how it comes out. * *If it is
> really good I'm going to figure out my own recipe using
> manioc flour (tapioca flour). * I like this idea.

The focaccia mix is quite tasty. The bread came out with a nice
crispy crust and a chewy-soft interior. I liked it a lot.
Now that I know abut this I'm going to experiment with manioc(tapioca)
a bit more. I'm googling around and learning about how it has been
used in other countries. Very interesing. Very helpful for us non
guten people who just want a piece of decent bread every now and then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 5, 11:03*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> It's made with manioc. * It's common in Brazil. *It's about 17 grams
> of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
> protein AND gluten free.
>
> I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
> There is a store locater on the site.
>
> Read the story and the FAQ's. * *Sounds really intriguing to me.
>
> http://www.chebe.com/
>
> Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.

This isn't for any of us who are avoiding gluten or carbs, but
amazingly, Nabisco has come out with a healthful and delicious
breakfast bar:
http://www.amazon.com/Belvita-Breakf...dp/B005VBBSVI/

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On May 8, 3:26*pm, Bryan > wrote:
> On May 5, 11:03*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>
> > It's made with manioc. * It's common in Brazil. *It's about 17 grams
> > of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
> > protein AND gluten free.

> > I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
> > There is a store locater on the site.

> > Read the story and the FAQ's. * *Sounds really intriguing to me.

> >http://www.chebe.com/

> > Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.

> This isn't for any of us who are avoiding gluten or carbs, but
> amazingly, Nabisco has come out with a healthful and delicious
> breakfast bar:http://www.amazon.com/Belvita-Breakf...ry-8-8-Ounce/d...
>
> --Bryan

Sorry, to me there is no such thing as a 'healthy' highly proessed
food like these bars. Not even the "health food" ones.
It's all processed grains,and fats and sugars. No thanks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 8 May 2012 15:30:59 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On May 8, 3:26*pm, Bryan > wrote:
>> On May 5, 11:03*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
>>
>> > It's made with manioc. * It's common in Brazil. *It's about 17 grams
>> > of carbohydrate per serving which is pretty good, and it's high in
>> > protein AND gluten free.

>> > I'm hoping it's good because I can see a whole lot of uses for it.
>> > There is a store locater on the site.

>> > Read the story and the FAQ's. * *Sounds really intriguing to me.

>> >http://www.chebe.com/

>> > Evidently it's pretty popular in the Celiac community.

>> This isn't for any of us who are avoiding gluten or carbs, but
>> amazingly, Nabisco has come out with a healthful and delicious
>> breakfast bar:http://www.amazon.com/Belvita-Breakf...ry-8-8-Ounce/d...
>>
>> --Bryan

>Sorry, to me there is no such thing as a 'healthy' highly proessed
>food like these bars. Not even the "health food" ones.
>It's all processed grains,and fats and sugars. No thanks.

Agreed. What happened to real food? Today for brunch I ate a pint of
fresh strawberries, sprinkled with Bob's Red Mill Museli, a big dollop
of plain Chobani yogurt, and a goodly drizzle of local honey. Leave
it to Bryan to gorge on Soylent Green biscuits.
This stuff is good:
http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-...6523847&sr=8-1