Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandwich wrap paper

My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
smallest amount I have seen.

I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. Foil
might work but it's a tad expensive.

If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:43:05 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
> it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
> buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
> smallest amount I have seen.
>
> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. Foil
> might work but it's a tad expensive.
>
> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Googled and found that a 5000 sheet box of 12" X 12" paper sells for $73.00.

Failing that, just save the used paper and wash it well and re-use it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:43:05 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
>> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to
>> keeping
>> it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
>> buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
>> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
>> smallest amount I have seen.
>>
>> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery.
>> Foil
>> might work but it's a tad expensive.
>>
>> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
>> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

> Googled and found that a 5000 sheet box of 12" X 12" paper sells for
> $73.00.
>
> Failing that, just save the used paper and wash it well and re-use it.

Yes. I found plenty of large packs. I did see some Kirkland foil sheets at
Amazon. 500 sheets which is still a lot but the price is good. Not sure if
I can get them at my Costco or not but I will look.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> On Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:43:05 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
>>> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to
>>> keeping
>>> it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
>>> buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
>>> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
>>> smallest amount I have seen.
>>>
>>> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery.
>>> Foil
>>> might work but it's a tad expensive.
>>>
>>> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
>>> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

>> Googled and found that a 5000 sheet box of 12" X 12" paper sells for
>> $73.00.
>>
>> Failing that, just save the used paper and wash it well and re-use it.

> Yes. I found plenty of large packs. I did see some Kirkland foil sheets at
> Amazon. 500 sheets which is still a lot but the price is good. Not sure if
> I can get them at my Costco or not but I will look.

Parchment paper?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Googled and found that a 5000 sheet box of 12" X 12" paper sells for
>>> $73.00.
>>>
>>> Failing that, just save the used paper and wash it well and re-use it.

>> Yes. I found plenty of large packs. I did see some Kirkland foil sheets
>> at
>> Amazon. 500 sheets which is still a lot but the price is good. Not sure
>> if
>> I can get them at my Costco or not but I will look.
>>

> Parchment paper?

I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> .com...

>>> Yes. I found plenty of large packs. I did see some Kirkland foil sheets
>>> at
>>> Amazon. 500 sheets which is still a lot but the price is good. Not sure
>>> if
>>> I can get them at my Costco or not but I will look.
>>>

>> Parchment paper?

> I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

Ok, I think I can picture it. Comes in a box like Kleenex.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> .com...

>>> Parchment paper?

>> I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.
>>>

> Ok, I think I can picture it. Comes in a box like Kleenex.

Sort of. Yes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 7:47*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>
> .com...

> ws.com...

> >> I think that would be too stiff. *This paper is very thin.

> > Ok, I think I can picture it. *Comes in a box like Kleenex.

> Sort of. *Yes.

Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
looking for...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 6:54*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> > Parchment paper?

> I think that would be too stiff. *This paper is very thin.

I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
half to work quite well for wraps.
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" > wrote in message
On Apr 19, 7:47 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>
> .com...

> ws.com...

> >> I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

> > Ok, I think I can picture it. Comes in a box like Kleenex.

> Sort of. Yes.

Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
looking for...

AFAIK there is no Cash & Carry around here. I don't think waxed paper would
work. Too slippery.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"JeanineAlyse" > wrote in message
On Apr 19, 6:54 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> > Parchment paper?

> I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
half to work quite well for wraps.
....Picky

That's still quite a lot. But where do you buy it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Try a salvage outlet, I find sandwich paper quite often at the one closest
to me. Just a thought!

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "JeanineAlyse" > wrote in message
> On Apr 19, 6:54 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> > "Cheryl" > wrote in message
> > > Parchment paper?

> > I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

> I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
> half to work quite well for wraps.
> ...Picky
>
> That's still quite a lot. But where do you buy it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

try gfs Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
> it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
> buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
> smallest amount I have seen.
>
> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery.
> Foil might work but it's a tad expensive.
>
> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"D. Raynor" > wrote in message
> Try a salvage outlet, I find sandwich paper quite often at the one closest
> to me. Just a thought!

Sorry, I don't know what that is. Don't think we have one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> try gfs Lee

What is that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 4:20*am, Janet > wrote:

> * In the UK *I buy very cheap ( a dollar or two) rolls called greaseproof
> paper, intended *for wrapping sandwiches and lining cake tins.
> Sold in the baking dept of any supermarket,cookshop, hardware shop etc.
>
> http://www.greaseproofpaper.co.uk/
>
> * *Janet

That seems to be available only in the UK and Australia. I thought at
first what you were describing is what we call waxed paper but I see
it's not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 7:02*am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message

> > try gfs *Lee

> What is that?

That's what I was wondering. I assume we're supposed to guess or be
able to read her mind.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

the parent company is Gordon Food Service, mostly resto owners but they
gladly sell retail, good prices and good service, they also have a website
but don't recall it off hand, also costco has a site you might be able to
order from if you find a kirkland product you would prefer.

Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> try gfs Lee

> What is that?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 10:09*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "JeanineAlyse" > wrote in message
> On Apr 19, 6:54 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:> "Cheryl" > I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
> half to work quite well for wraps.

> That's still quite a lot. *But where do you buy it?

I used to buy parchment baking pan sheets by the bag, 100 for $19.95
and thought that was so good that I bought bags for daughter and gran,
along with three bags for myself. Most often each sheet is good for
three batches of cookies and we were quite pleased.

All three of us bake often throughout the year, but in preparation for
Christmas baking we each bake huge amounts. Learning that King Arthur
Flour (where I'd gotten the $19.95 bags) is overpriced, and to be sure
none of us ran short I searched online to find the 2k boxes of
"Regular Release Bakery Pan Liners" I have, which are thinner that
"normal" parchment sheets, but I am very happy with getting them (part
#3330005) through http://www.bagcraft.com/foodservice-solutions

I haven't looked, but they also have different sorts of sandwich
papers
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 9:47*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>
> .com...

> ws.com...

> >> I think that would be too stiff. *This paper is very thin.

> > Ok, I think I can picture it. *Comes in a box like Kleenex.

> Sort of. *Yes.

It's probably like pastry paper - like you use to get one donut out of
the case. 1000 sheets of that wouldn't take up much space, actually -
not even as thick as 2 reams of copy paper. Think about it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 4:20*am, Janet > wrote:
> In article >, says...
>

> > My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. *But I
> > was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
> > it held together is the paper. *Fine but... *Does anyone know where I can
> > buy such paper in small amounts? *I have found it at restaurant supply
> > places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. *At least that's the
> > smallest amount I have seen.

> > I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. *Foil
> > might work but it's a tad expensive.

> > If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
> > John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

> * In the UK *I buy very cheap ( a dollar or two) rolls called greaseproof
> paper, intended *for wrapping sandwiches and lining cake tins.
> Sold in the baking dept of any supermarket,cookshop, hardware shop etc.
>
> http://www.greaseproofpaper.co.uk/
>
> * *Janet

I think that's like our waxed paper - it really isn't very slippery,
but Julie is determined not to try it.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 10:22*am, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:09*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
> > "JeanineAlyse" > wrote in message
> > On Apr 19, 6:54 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:> "Cheryl" > I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
> > half to work quite well for wraps.
> > That's still quite a lot. *But where do you buy it?

> I used to buy parchment baking pan sheets by the bag, 100 for $19.95
> and thought that was so good that I bought bags for daughter and gran,
> along with three bags for myself. *Most often each sheet is good for
> three batches of cookies and we were quite pleased.
>
> All three of us bake often throughout the year, but in preparation for
> Christmas baking we each bake huge amounts. *Learning that King Arthur
> Flour (where I'd gotten the $19.95 bags) is overpriced, and to be sure
> none of us ran short I searched online to find the 2k boxes of
> "Regular Release Bakery Pan Liners" I have, which are thinner that
> "normal" parchment sheets, but I am very happy with getting them (part
> #3330005) throughhttp://www.bagcraft.com/foodservice-solutions
>
> I haven't looked, but they also have different sorts of sandwich
> papers

They appear to be wholesale only on the web.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> I think that's like our waxed paper - it really isn't very slippery,
> but Julie is determined not to try it.

I got a box of thin plastic sheets from the bakery at a local
supermarket. They're about 8x8 and the box of 500 costs $3. Probably
too small for sandwiches, but great for in-kitchen use.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 9:00*am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Apr 20, 10:22*am, JeanineAlyse > wrote:
> > #3330005) throughhttp://www.bagcraft.com/foodservice-solutions

> > I haven't looked, but they also have different sorts of sandwich
> > papers

> They appear to be wholesale only on the web.

I don't remember what I paid for the 2k box, but I do remember the
cost comparison to KAF's being $9.97 per 100 and BC's being $6.50.
They do sell to anyone. I may have purchased the BagCraft papers
through an amazon.com reference or through referral at
WebRestaurantStore.com.

Try going to Amazon with a search for "Sandwich Wrap Papers" where I
just found this: 18" x 24" White Newsprint Sandwich Wrap Paper-
1000 / Bundle
Available at external website: The WEBstaurant Store for $14.49
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 19, 5:43*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. *But I
> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
> it held together is the paper. *Fine but... *Does anyone know where I can
> buy such paper in small amounts? *I have found it at restaurant supply
> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. *At least that's the
> smallest amount I have seen.
>
> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. *Foil
> might work but it's a tad expensive.
>
> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Cash and Carry sells sandwich paper in case lots and also in
individual boxes. Try there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 19, 10:08*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> On Apr 19, 7:47 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

> > "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> s.com...

> > ws.com...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Apr 19, 9:47 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message
>>
>> .com...

>>> Ok, I think I can picture it. Comes in a box like Kleenex.

>> Sort of. Yes.

> It's probably like pastry paper - like you use to get one donut out of
> the case. 1000 sheets of that wouldn't take up much space, actually -
> not even as thick as 2 reams of copy paper. Think about it.

I haven't a place to store them and it would take me forever to use up. I
only make a wrap maybe once a week.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
> On Apr 20, 4:20 am, Janet > wrote:
>> In article >,
>> says...
>>

>>> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it.
>>> But I was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the
>>> trick to keeping it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does
>>> anyone know where I can buy such paper in small amounts? I have
>>> found it at restaurant supply places but you have to get a minimum
>>> of 1000 sheets. At least that's the smallest amount I have seen.

>>> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit
>>> slippery. Foil might work but it's a tad expensive.

>>> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from
>>> Jimmy John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their
>>> logo on it.

>> In the UK I buy very cheap ( a dollar or two) rolls called
>> greaseproof paper, intended for wrapping sandwiches and lining cake
>> tins.
>> Sold in the baking dept of any supermarket,cookshop, hardware shop
>> etc.
>>
>> http://www.greaseproofpaper.co.uk/
>>
>> Janet

> I think that's like our waxed paper - it really isn't very slippery,
> but Julie is determined not to try it.

I have tried to use waxed paper for a Teff Wrap. It doesn't work very well.
It is slippery. There is no way to keep it sealed. You wind up having to
tape it three times.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Apr 19, 5:43 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it.
>> But I was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the
>> trick to keeping it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does
>> anyone know where I can buy such paper in small amounts? I have
>> found it at restaurant supply places but you have to get a minimum
>> of 1000 sheets. At least that's the smallest amount I have seen.
>>
>> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit
>> slippery. Foil might work but it's a tad expensive.
>>
>> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
>> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on
>> it.

> Cash and Carry sells sandwich paper in case lots and also in
> individual boxes. Try there.

I don't think we have those here. But thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ImStillMags wrote:
> On Apr 19, 10:08 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "merryb" > wrote in message

>> On Apr 19, 7:47 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>

>>> "Cheryl" > wrote in message

>>> .com...

>>> Sort of. Yes.

>> Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
>> looking for...
>>
>> AFAIK there is no Cash & Carry around here. I don't think waxed
>> paper would work. Too slippery.- Hide quoted text -

> There are a lot of Cash and Carry Stores here in washington.
> Check it out
> https://www.smartfoodservice.com/locations/

Hmmm... I see there is one in Lynnwood. Not sure where that address is
really. Do you need a business license to shop there?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Apr 20, 1:15*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
> > On Apr 19, 10:08 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> ews.com...

> dnews.com...

> >> Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
> >> looking for...

> >> AFAIK there is no Cash & Carry around here. I don't think waxed
> >> paper would work. Too slippery.- Hide quoted text -

> > There are a lot of Cash and Carry Stores here in washington.
> > Check it out
> >https://www.smartfoodservice.com/locations/

> Hmmm... *I see there is one in Lynnwood. *Not sure where that address is
> really. *Do you need a business license to shop there?- Hide quoted text -

No, you don't need a business license. Go check it out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ImStillMags" > wrote in message
On Apr 20, 1:15 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> ImStillMags wrote:
> > On Apr 19, 10:08 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

> ews.com...

> dnews.com...

> >> Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
> >> looking for...

> >> AFAIK there is no Cash & Carry around here. I don't think waxed
> >> paper would work. Too slippery.- Hide quoted text -

> > There are a lot of Cash and Carry Stores here in washington.
> > Check it out
> >https://www.smartfoodservice.com/locations/

> Hmmm... I see there is one in Lynnwood. Not sure where that address is
> really. Do you need a business license to shop there?- Hide quoted text -

No, you don't need a business license. Go check it out.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

no the website is geared for the retail consumer, in fact they don't have
tax exempt worked out for the website, and i don't recall that there is a
minuim, Lee
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Storrmmee" > wrote in message
>> the parent company is Gordon Food Service, mostly resto owners but they
>> gladly sell retail, good prices and good service, they also have a
>> website but don't recall it off hand, also costco has a site you might be
>> able to order from if you find a kirkland product you would prefer.

> They probably only sell in large quantities then. Costco only delivers
> such things to a business. They do have a business center near my
> parent's house. But we won't be able to go there for a few weeks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 10:08*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "merryb" > wrote in message

> On Apr 19, 7:47 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

> > "Cheryl" > wrote in message

> s.com...

> > ws.com...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 5:43*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. *But I
> was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
> it held together is the paper. *Fine but... *Does anyone know where I can
> buy such paper in small amounts? *I have found it at restaurant supply
> places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. *At least that's the
> smallest amount I have seen.
>
> I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. *Foil
> might work but it's a tad expensive.
>
> If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
> John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

SMART & FINAL INC
6412 204TH ST SW
LYNNWOOD, WA 98036-5972
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> no the website is geared for the retail consumer, in fact they don't have
> tax exempt worked out for the website, and i don't recall that there is a
> minuim, Lee

Costco has two websites. The pre-cut foil and sandwich wraps are only
listed at the commercial site and you do have to put in something I don't
have. Whether it's the tax exempt number or business license number, I do
not know. One or the other.

The other website is for retail customers. Anyone can shop there. But if
you don't have a Costco card you pay an additional 5%.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

could you send me the link for the business site, i never found that, Lee