Old 20-04-2012, 01:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sandwich wrap paper

My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
smallest amount I have seen.

I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. Foil
might work but it's a tad expensive.

If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Old 20-04-2012, 02:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, April 19, 2012 6:43:05 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
My daughter got a lettuce wrap at Jimmy Johns and really liked it. But I
was told by a person who is a Jimmy John's owner that the trick to keeping
it held together is the paper. Fine but... Does anyone know where I can
buy such paper in small amounts? I have found it at restaurant supply
places but you have to get a minimum of 1000 sheets. At least that's the
smallest amount I have seen.

I don't know that waxed paper would work because it's a bit slippery. Foil
might work but it's a tad expensive.

If all else fails I might be able to buy some of the paper from Jimmy
John's, but then again maybe not because it does have their logo on it.

Googled and found that a 5000 sheet box of 12" X 12" paper sells for $73.00.

Failing that, just save the used paper and wash it well and re-use it.

Old 20-04-2012, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

Yes. I found plenty of large packs. I did see some Kirkland foil sheets at
Amazon. 500 sheets which is still a lot but the price is good. Not sure if
I can get them at my Costco or not but I will look.

Old 20-04-2012, 02:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

Parchment paper?

Old 20-04-2012, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

Old 20-04-2012, 03:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

Ok, I think I can picture it. Comes in a box like Kleenex.

Old 20-04-2012, 03:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" wrote in message
.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

Sort of. Yes.

Old 20-04-2012, 05:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 7:47*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

.com...

On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
*wrote in message
ws.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
* wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[...]

Sort of. *Yes.

Wax paper? If not try Cash & Carry to see if they have what you are
looking for...
Old 20-04-2012, 05:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 19, 6:54*pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message
Parchment paper?

I think that would be too stiff. *This paper is very thin.

I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
half to work quite well for wraps.
....Picky
Old 20-04-2012, 06:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"merryb" wrote in message
On Apr 19, 7:47 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"Cheryl" wrote in message

.com...

On 4/19/2012 9:54 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
ws.com...
On 4/19/2012 9:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
wrote in message
news:[email protected]..
[...]

AFAIK there is no Cash & Carry around here. I don't think waxed paper would
work. Too slippery.

Old 20-04-2012, 06:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Parchment paper?

I think that would be too stiff. This paper is very thin.

I buy very thin parchment in a box of 2000 sheets that could cut in
half to work quite well for wraps.
....Picky

That's still quite a lot. But where do you buy it?

Old 20-04-2012, 01:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"D. Raynor" wrote in message
Try a salvage outlet, I find sandwich paper quite often at the one closest
to me. Just a thought!

Sorry, I don't know what that is. Don't think we have one.