Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Normal Food For Normal People

A new blog that posts every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Not just
recipes but conversation about breaking down the barriers that keep
people from cooking in their own kitchen. Taking a frugal approach to
the kitchen we don't teach difficult methods or tricks... just normal
ways to cook normal food for normal people. Enjoy!

http://www.normalfoodfornormalpeople.com
Senior Member

Location: New York

Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a feast everyday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/03/2012 4:44 PM, RussianFoodDire wrote:
> Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
> feast everyday.

Speak for yourself! I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.

What's more, I invariably have spicy food 90% of the time.

Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 30, 6:47*am, Krypsis > wrote:
> On 30/03/2012 4:44 PM, RussianFoodDire wrote:> Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
> > feast everyday.

> Speak for yourself! *I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Until recently, I could say the same.

> Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

You have to admit that's better than doing it with the spicy stuff.

> Krypsis

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis wrote:

> > Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
> > feast everyday.
> >

> Speak for yourself! I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.
> What's more, I invariably have spicy food 90% of the time.
> Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

That was the same troll who claimed "most people" dislike garlic.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30/03/2012 11:41 PM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Krypsis wrote:
>
>>> Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
>>> feast everyday.
>>>

>> Speak for yourself! I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.
>> What's more, I invariably have spicy food 90% of the time.
>> Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

> That was the same troll who claimed "most people" dislike garlic.

Yes, he is getting a tad grating! Notbob should use the Mouli Shredder
on him! ;-)

I wonder why he calls himself (or herself) a RussianFoodDire when he is
actually posting from India.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/30/2012 7:41 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Krypsis wrote:
>
>>> Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
>>> feast everyday.
>>>

>> Speak for yourself! I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.
>> What's more, I invariably have spicy food 90% of the time.
>> Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

> That was the same troll who claimed "most people" dislike garlic.

But everyone dislikes you. One month here, and almost everyone has you
on ignore already. At least you're consistent about sticking to your
pattern.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, March 30, 2012 9:11:35 AM UTC-6, A Middiot Abroad wrote:

> >> Speak for yourself! I LIKE spicy food EVERY SINGLE DAY.
> >> What's more, I invariably have spicy food 90% of the time.
> >> Stick your bland stuff up your Khyber!

> > That was the same troll who claimed "most people" dislike garlic.

> But everyone dislikes you. One month here, and almost everyone has you
> on ignore already. At least you're consistent about sticking to your
> pattern.

The foregoing message brought to you by...(drum-roll)...SQUERTZ.

==
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Middiot Abroad" > wrote in message
> On 3/30/2012 7:41 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
>> Krypsis wrote:
>>

> But everyone dislikes you. One month here, and almost everyone has you on
> ignore already. At least you're consistent about sticking to your pattern.

You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
Krypsis.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2012-03-30, jmcquown > wrote:

> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
> Krypsis.

Yep. Krypsis may be an opinionated jerk, but in this newsgroup, who
isn't. OJs we can handle. Morphing trolls, not so much.

nb

--
Fight internet CENSORSHIP - Fight SOPA-PIPA
Contact your congressman and/or representative, now!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
> Krypsis.

Actually, Mary was talking to me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 00:27:56 +1100, Krypsis >
wrote:

> I wonder why he calls himself (or herself) a RussianFoodDire when he is
> actually posting from India.

Is RussianFoodDire supposed to be code for "the food in Russia is
dire"?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:17:01 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> "A Middiot Abroad" > wrote in message
> > On 3/30/2012 7:41 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
> >> Krypsis wrote:
> >>

> > But everyone dislikes you. One month here, and almost everyone has you on
> > ignore already. At least you're consistent about sticking to your pattern.
> >

> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
> Krypsis.

Ding, ding, ding and who among us morphs the most?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/03/2012 6:12 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:17:01 -0400, >
> wrote:

>>> But everyone dislikes you. One month here, and almost everyone has you on
>>> ignore already. At least you're consistent about sticking to your pattern.
>>>

>> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
>> Krypsis.
>>

> Ding, ding, ding and who among us morphs the most?

Who among us morphs the least?

I've only ever had this ID on RFC and see no reason to change any time soon.

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/03/2012 4:34 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2012-03-30, > wrote:
>
>> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
>> Krypsis.

> Yep. Krypsis may be an opinionated jerk, but in this newsgroup, who
> isn't. OJs we can handle. Morphing trolls, not so much.
>
> nb

At my age you're allowed to be opinionated!

--

Krypsis

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis wrote:

> At my age you're allowed to be opinionated!

In my short time on this group, I've observed that many posters make
little distinction between voicing opinions, on the one hand, and
proclaiming their own tastes and preferences to be absolutely superior
to anybody else's, on the other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Krypsis" > wrote in message
> On 31/03/2012 6:12 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:17:01 -0400, >
>> wrote:

>>> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
>>> Krypsis.
>>>

>> Ding, ding, ding and who among us morphs the most?
>>

> Who among us morphs the least?
>
> I've only ever had this ID on RFC and see no reason to change any time
> soon.
>
> --
>
> Krypsis

Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/03/2012 10:39 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
> Krypsis wrote:
>
>> At my age you're allowed to be opinionated!

> In my short time on this group, I've observed that many posters make
> little distinction between voicing opinions, on the one hand, and
> proclaiming their own tastes and preferences to be absolutely superior
> to anybody else's, on the other.

I see you've met Peter Lucas! ;-)

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis wrote:
> On 31/03/2012 10:39 AM, George M. Middius wrote:
>> Krypsis wrote:
>>
>>> At my age you're allowed to be opinionated!

>> In my short time on this group, I've observed that many posters make
>> little distinction between voicing opinions, on the one hand, and
>> proclaiming their own tastes and preferences to be absolutely
>> superior to anybody else's, on the other.
>>

> I see you've met Peter Lucas! ;-)

And I believe he also looked into a mirror, perhaps
without realizing it.

pavane

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:43:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.

What's the point, unless you like to talk to yourself the way a
certain somebody does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:43:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.

> What's the point, unless you like to talk to yourself the way a
> certain somebody does.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Sorry, I didn't understand the question. The point is, some of us don't
morph constantly to sneak past killfiles.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 31/03/2012 11:23 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:43:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.

>> What's the point, unless you like to talk to yourself the way a
>> certain somebody does.
>>
>> --
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> Sorry, I didn't understand the question. The point is, some of us don't
> morph constantly to sneak past killfiles.
>
> Jill

Indeed, if someone wants to killfile me, then I say go for it! It's not
going to be my loss, that's for sure.

What bugs me are those people who publicly (plonk) posters they don't
like. Why bother alerting someone to the fact they are in your killfile?
The mere fact that they don't get a response should tell the filtered
individual they are "plonked".
Besides, it seems most of those "plonkers" don't really plonk anyone,
Peter Lucas being a prime example of that! He says you're plonked but
then goes off to Google Groups to respond? Give me a break!

--

Krypsis
Posted to rec.food.cooking

pavane wrote:

> >> In my short time on this group, I've observed that many posters make
> >> little distinction between voicing opinions, on the one hand, and
> >> proclaiming their own tastes and preferences to be absolutely
> >> superior to anybody else's, on the other.

> > I see you've met Peter Lucas! ;-)

> And I believe he also looked into a mirror, perhaps
> without realizing it.

Actually, I prefer to distinguish between smugness and derision, the
latter being my forte.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 08:23:52 -0400, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 19:43:06 -0400, "jmcquown" >
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.

> > What's the point, unless you like to talk to yourself the way a
> > certain somebody does.
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> Sorry, I didn't understand the question. The point is, some of us don't
> morph constantly to sneak past killfiles.

I said not only do certain "people" morph, "they" morph and then carry
on conversations with "themselves" as two separate personalities in a
Sybil-like fashion.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

RussianFoodDire wrote:
> Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
> feast everyday.

Those are two different topics. I usually am not into bland food.
(If my thoughts turn to such things, I am probably getting sick
or actively sick.)

--
Jean B.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Krypsis wrote:
> On 31/03/2012 6:12 AM, sf wrote:
>> On Fri, 30 Mar 2012 13:17:01 -0400, >
>> wrote:

>>> You're wrong about that, Mr. Morpher. You're the one I've k/f'd, not
>>> Krypsis.
>>>

>> Ding, ding, ding and who among us morphs the most?
>>

> Who among us morphs the least?
>
> I've only ever had this ID on RFC and see no reason to change any time
> soon.

I've always been Jean B. here.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> "Krypsis" > wrote in message
>> On 31/03/2012 6:12 AM, sf wrote:

>>> Ding, ding, ding and who among us morphs the most?
>>>

>> Who among us morphs the least?
>>
>> I've only ever had this ID on RFC and see no reason to change any time
>> soon.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Krypsis

> Ditto that. And on any other ng, too.
>
> Jill

Yeah. Actually, I would have been just "Jean", but I didn't know
whether there was a "Jean" already on the various groups.

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Roy wrote:

> > > That was the same troll who claimed "most people" dislike garlic.

> > But everyone dislikes you.

> The foregoing message brought to you by...(drum-roll)...SQUERTZ.

Are you sure? I assumed it was Queen Mary.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 8:02:42 PM UTC-4, Jean B. wrote:
> RussianFoodDire wrote:
> > Most of the people enjoy normal food over spicy food. No one likes a
> > feast everyday.
> >

> Those are two different topics. I usually am not into bland food.
> (If my thoughts turn to such things, I am probably getting sick
> or actively sick.)
>
> --
> Jean B.

There isn't necessarily anything wrong with bland food - but it is good to know that you can add life to the "normal" food that is out there without over complicating it. That's what the Normal Food For Normal People blog is all about: taking the things you already have, and making them new again.