Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Salt Slab Potatoes

I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-potatoes.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/89zjrs5

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Mar 17, 12:25*pm, wrote:
> I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
> and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
> outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm
>
> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...an-salt-slab-p...

dang, those look good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 12:30:30 -0700 (PDT), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 12:25*pm, wrote:
>> I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
>> and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
>> outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm
>>
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...an-salt-slab-p...
>>

>dang, those look good.

Thanks, they were great.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:16:42 -0700 (PDT), Chemo the Clown
> wrote:

>On Mar 17, 12:25*pm, wrote:
>> I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
>> and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
>> outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm
>>
>> http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...an-salt-slab-p...
>>
>> orhttp://tinyurl.com/89zjrs5
>>
>> koko
>> --
>> Food is our common ground, a universal experience
>> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * James Beard
>>
>> www.kokoscornerblog.com
>>
>> Natural Watkins Spiceswww.apinchofspices.com

>Where'd you get the slab? does it make the food taste better?

I got it at Sur la Table. Here's a link to it.
http://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-687152/

Don't know if the food tastes "better" but It does give it a little
seasoning. I did have to add a little more salt to the potatoes.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/17/2012 3:25 PM, wrote:

> I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
> and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
> outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-potatoes.html

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/89zjrs5

Looks great! How long will the salt slab last?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 17 Mar 2012 23:21:23 -0400, Cheryl >
wrote:

>On 3/17/2012 3:25 PM, wrote:
>>
>> I'm really enjoying the Himalayan Salt Slab. The other day I sliced
>> and roasted some potatoes on it. They turned out nicely browned
>> outside and soft and fluffy inside. Mmmm

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...-potatoes.html

>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/89zjrs5

>Looks great! How long will the salt slab last?

I doubt I'll have to replace it in my lifetime. It's 8 X 12 X 1 1/2.
It's pretty solid and I don't notice it diminishing when I wash it.
Just for fun I think I'll weigh it once in a while.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Salt potatoes Jim Elbrecht General Cooking 30 28-03-2013 04:52 AM
Himalayan Salt Slab/Pizza Stone [email protected] General Cooking 9 04-01-2013 01:15 AM
Salmon on the Himalayan salt slab [email protected] General Cooking 8 20-04-2012 11:37 PM
Salt Potatoes Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 21-07-2005 06:04 AM
Salt Potatoes Read Recipes (moderated) 0 21-07-2005 06:02 AM