Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Best juice to drink

On Feb 2, 4:34*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Feb 2, 2:51*pm, christa visser-lane > wrote:
>
> > What is the best juice to drink (lowest calories)

> Get hold of the latest 'Nutrition Action' copy - they do a pretty good
> rundown on juices, calories, sugar content etc.
>
> My guess is - the whole orange or grapefruit you eat *will give a good
> source of juice without added sugars. JMO.

Thanks, I will check that out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 3, 12:06*pm, christa visser-lane > wrote:
> On Feb 2, 4:34*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
>
> > On Feb 2, 2:51*pm, christa visser-lane > wrote:

> > > What is the best juice to drink (lowest calories)

> > Get hold of the latest 'Nutrition Action' copy - they do a pretty good
> > rundown on juices, calories, sugar content etc.

> > My guess is - the whole orange or grapefruit you eat *will give a good
> > source of juice without added sugars. JMO.

> Thanks, I will check that out.

I have subscribed for 20 years and still have each copy. I've picked
up a lot of fave recipes from this magazine. They also cover one big
health issue per issue, cover both good and bad new foods on the
market, and usually rate various food entities, like crackers, juice,
margarines etc. NO advertising, so they can tell it like it is, I
imagine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 8, 9:00*am, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Feb 3, 12:06*pm, christa visser-lane > wrote:

> > > Get hold of the latest 'Nutrition Action' copy - they do a pretty good
> > > rundown on juices, calories, sugar content etc.

> > > My guess is - the whole orange or grapefruit you eat *will give a good
> > > source of juice without added sugars. JMO.

> > Thanks, I will check that out.

> I have subscribed for 20 years and still have each copy. *I've picked
> up a lot of fave recipes from this magazine. *They also cover one big
> health issue per issue, cover both good and bad new foods on the
> market, and usually rate various food entities, like crackers, juice,
> margarines etc. NO advertising, so they can tell it like it is, I
> imagine.

I very much approve of CSPI, but they should know better than to rely
on the American Heart Assn. as a source. In this document:
http://www.cspinet.org/nah/articles/...lammation.html
They repeat the AHA's crap that runs counter to research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega-6...health_effects
The AHA often seems like a trade association that is trying to make
sure they'll have a plethora of customers well into the future..

--Bryan
Banned

Location: London

Juice has many health benefits. Fruit juice and vegetable juice both are good to keep healthy body. These are all my favourite juice drink like :
1. Passion Fruits juice
2. Apple Juice
3. Orange Juice
4. Watermelon Juice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 7:50*am, clayraynolds <clayraynolds.
> wrote:
> Juice has many health benefits. Fruit juice and vegetable juice both are
> good to keep healthy body. These are all my favourite juice drink like
> :
> 1. Passion Fruits juice
> 2. Apple Juice
> 3. Orange Juice
> 4. Watermelon *Juice

Juicing fruits instead of eating them whole is one reason so many
folks are obese.

> --
> clayraynolds

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:
>clayraynolds wrote:
>> Juice has many health benefits. Fruit juice and vegetable juice both are
>> good to keep healthy body. These are all my favourite juice drink like
>> :
>> 1. Passion Fruits juice
>> 2. Apple Juice
>> 3. Orange Juice
>> 4. Watermelon *Juice

>Juicing fruits instead of eating them whole is one reason so many
>folks are obese.

No one ever got fat from pussy juice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

> Juicing fruits instead of eating them whole is one reason so many
> folks are obese.

Better than soda though, eh?
A friend gave me her old juicer because she never used it much. I tried it
once and the juice was good but the machine was a pain in the ass to clean
just for one drink. I realized why she gave it to me.

I drink OJ and V8. I don't eat lunch at work so the V8 is better than
nothing, I suppose.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bull wrote:

> In article
> >,

> > > It is probably on the very lowest end of the problem. Stuffing
> > > everything in and way too much of it is the main problem. Being lazy
> > > about physical movement is the other. I juice many fruits and
> > > vegetables. But not daily. Green vegetable makes some of the "best for
> > > you" juice. Doesn't taste that great though. Carrot and coconut makes
> > > an awesome juice. Juice should be considered and consumed as a treat
> > > and shouldn't replace eating the same fruit and vegetables. Thoughtful
> > > and knowledgeable consumption along with exercise produce results as
> > > well as allowing one to maintain a consistent weight. This stuff is
> > > actually pretty basic and fairly easy but so many struggle with it all.

> > Juicing green veggies, carrots, coconut and things like tomatoes
> > aren't the problem. It's stuff like orange juice, which I'm guilty of
> > making. My wife and son are very thin. I make them OJ, then I get
> > the fiber left over in the basket of the juicer, and inside the
> > peels. If my son had any visible fat on him, I wouldn't do that. His
> > pediatrician told us, "No juice," when he was a baby. I'm pretty sure
> > if we'd asked her, "What about V-8?" she'd have said that was OK.
> > >
> > > BULL

> > --Bryan

> V8 is not something I would drink unless mixed with vodka. Even the low
> sodium V8 has 140 mg sodium per 8-ounce serving. Regular has 480 mg's
> per 8-oz serving, which is 20% of what your daily intake should be if
> your are under 50. (Under 50 YOA ~2300 mg per day and over 50 ~1500 mg
> per day.) IMO not a good choice for an adult or child. You can learn
> to love this stuff at an early age. Easy food and drink are like easy
> money - beware. Read the fine print and know what you are about to
> consume.

LOL! Instead of worrying about the sodium content, perhaps you should think
about the flammable vodka that you would add to it.

Gary
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bull > wrote:
> In article
> >,

>>> It is probably on the very lowest end of the problem. Stuffing
>>> everything in and way too much of it is the main problem. Being lazy
>>> about physical movement is the other. I juice many fruits and
>>> vegetables. But not daily. Green vegetable makes some of the "best for
>>> you" juice. Doesn't taste that great though. Carrot and coconut makes
>>> an awesome juice. Juice should be considered and consumed as a treat
>>> and shouldn't replace eating the same fruit and vegetables. Thoughtful
>>> and knowledgeable consumption along with exercise produce results as
>>> well as allowing one to maintain a consistent weight. This stuff is
>>> actually pretty basic and fairly easy but so many struggle with it all.

>> Juicing green veggies, carrots, coconut and things like tomatoes
>> aren't the problem. It's stuff like orange juice, which I'm guilty of
>> making. My wife and son are very thin. I make them OJ, then I get
>> the fiber left over in the basket of the juicer, and inside the
>> peels. If my son had any visible fat on him, I wouldn't do that. His
>> pediatrician told us, "No juice," when he was a baby. I'm pretty sure
>> if we'd asked her, "What about V-8?" she'd have said that was OK.
>>>
>>> BULL

>> --Bryan

> V8 is not something I would drink unless mixed with vodka. Even the low
> sodium V8 has 140 mg sodium per 8-ounce serving. Regular has 480 mg's
> per 8-oz serving, which is 20% of what your daily intake should be if
> your are under 50. (Under 50 YOA ~2300 mg per day and over 50 ~1500 mg
> per day.) IMO not a good choice for an adult or child. You can learn
> to love this stuff at an early age. Easy food and drink are like easy
> money - beware. Read the fine print and know what you are about to
> consume.
>
> BULL

It used to be 650 mg, and I thought it was a health food. Been drinking
tomato juice and a generic v8' cause a just got the urge to drink some.
Also been using more tomatoes.

Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mar 1, 10:03*am, Bull > wrote:
> In article
> >,

> > > It is probably on the very lowest end of the problem. *Stuffing
> > > everything in and way too much of it is the main problem. *Being lazy
> > > about physical movement is the other. *I juice many fruits and
> > > vegetables. *But not daily. *Green vegetable makes some of the "best for
> > > you" juice. *Doesn't taste that great though. *Carrot and coconut makes
> > > an awesome juice. *Juice should be considered and consumed as a treat
> > > and shouldn't replace eating the same fruit and vegetables. *Thoughtful
> > > and knowledgeable consumption along with exercise produce results as
> > > well as allowing one to maintain a consistent weight. *This stuff is
> > > actually pretty basic and fairly easy but so many struggle with it all.

> > Juicing green veggies, carrots, coconut and things like tomatoes
> > aren't the problem. *It's stuff like orange juice, which I'm guilty of
> > making. *My wife and son are very thin. *I make them OJ, then I get
> > the fiber left over in the basket of the juicer, and inside the
> > peels. *If my son had any visible fat on him, I wouldn't do that. *His
> > pediatrician told us, "No juice," when he was a baby. *I'm pretty sure
> > if we'd asked her, "What about V-8?" *she'd have said that was OK.

> > > BULL

> > --Bryan

> V8 is not something I would drink unless mixed with vodka. *Even the low
> sodium V8 has 140 mg sodium per 8-ounce serving. *Regular has 480 mg's
> per 8-oz serving, which is 20% of what your daily intake should be if
> your are under 50. (Under 50 YOA ~2300 mg per day and over 50 ~1500 mg
> per day.) *IMO not a good choice for an adult or child. *You can learn
> to love this stuff at an early age. *Easy food and drink are like easy
> money - beware. *Read the fine print and know what you are about to
> consume.

Some folks are harmed by excess sodium. Others not so much. I've
recently seen the number, 50%. I'm glad I seem to be in the non-salt
sensitive group. I prefer the low sodium V-8 because of the taste. I
understand your point about children. They can learn to love salt,
then it makes it hard for them if they develop salt sensitive
hypertension and have to give it up. Still, if my kid would drink
V-8, I'd buy him all he wanted, including the high sodium type.

> BULL

--Bryan