sharoncapps

Default Bake Sale now a 'bought" sale

When my kids were growing up (also in MN) they stopped letting us send home
made goodies because of Hepatitis is what they said. I always loved to
send the baked goods.
Sharon in MN

Alexis Siefert

Just so you know that the world hasn't gone completely insane everywhere, I'll
share with you. I teach kindergarten. I absolutely love it when parents send
in homemade treats, snacks, bread, etc. I welcome them all with open arms (and
my students welcome them with open mouths).

Alexis.
Puester

Alexis Siefert wrote:

> Just so you know that the world hasn't gone completely insane everywhere, I'll
> share with you. I teach kindergarten. I absolutely love it when parents send
> in homemade treats, snacks, bread, etc. I welcome them all with open arms (and
> my students welcome them with open mouths).
>
> Alexis.

My daughter is taking her son to his pre-school
Halloween party this morning along with Rice
Krispie treats (with black and orange sprinkles)
and pumpkin-raisin-chocolate-chip cookies.
The only restriction: The school has a sign on
the front door claiming "This is a peanut-free zone".

gloria p
Puester

Alexis Siefert wrote:

> Just so you know that the world hasn't gone completely insane everywhere, I'll
> share with you. I teach kindergarten. I absolutely love it when parents send
> in homemade treats, snacks, bread, etc. I welcome them all with open arms (and
> my students welcome them with open mouths).
>
> Alexis.

My daughter is taking her son to his pre-school
Halloween party this morning along with Rice
Krispie treats (with black and orange sprinkles)
and pumpkin-raisin-chocolate-chip cookies.
The only restriction: The school has a sign on
the front door claiming "This is a peanut-free zone".

gloria p
Spoons

My child whos in kindergaten never have bake sales. Back when I was in
elementary schol I remember the bake sales. I love to cook & bake & would
really for the school to have a bake sale. They keep have lame ideas to
raise money for the school...but I think a good ole bake sale can raise some
cold hard cash. :-)

Take care,
SPOONS

Puester

Spoons wrote:

> My child whos in kindergaten never have bake sales. Back when I was in
> elementary schol I remember the bake sales. I love to cook & bake & would
> really for the school to have a bake sale. They keep have lame ideas to
> raise money for the school...but I think a good ole bake sale can raise some
> cold hard cash. :-)
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS

Yes, but evidently not as much as magazine subscriptions,
wrapping paper, frozen pizzas, candy bars, frozen cookie dough,
ad nauseam, literally.

gloria p
Puester

Spoons wrote:

> My child whos in kindergaten never have bake sales. Back when I was in
> elementary schol I remember the bake sales. I love to cook & bake & would
> really for the school to have a bake sale. They keep have lame ideas to
> raise money for the school...but I think a good ole bake sale can raise some
> cold hard cash. :-)
>
> Take care,
> SPOONS

Yes, but evidently not as much as magazine subscriptions,
wrapping paper, frozen pizzas, candy bars, frozen cookie dough,
ad nauseam, literally.

gloria p
Terry Pulliam Burd

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:23:42 GMT, Puester >
wrote:

>Yes, but evidently not as much as magazine subscriptions,
>wrapping paper, frozen pizzas, candy bars, frozen cookie dough,
>ad nauseam, literally.

Indeed. The Ever Spectacular 10-year-old in the family brings home
fund raising catalogues from which, of course, we feel obliged to
purchase. Absolute utter cr*p. We have to just *comb* through it to
find something to purchase that isn't complete junk or completely
useless. I'd far rather just write the school a check and forget the
charade that we're getting value for the purchase.

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

Terry Pulliam Burd

wrote:

>Yes, but evidently not as much as magazine subscriptions,
>wrapping paper, frozen pizzas, candy bars, frozen cookie dough,
>ad nauseam, literally.

Indeed. The Ever Spectacular 10-year-old in the family brings home
fund raising catalogues from which, of course, we feel obliged to
purchase. Absolute utter cr*p. We have to just *comb* through it to
find something to purchase that isn't complete junk or completely
useless. I'd far rather just write the school a check and forget the
charade that we're getting value for the purchase.

"Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
in "Non Sequitur"

Nancy Young

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> Indeed. The Ever Spectacular 10-year-old in the family brings home
> fund raising catalogues from which, of course, we feel obliged to
> purchase. Absolute utter cr*p. We have to just *comb* through it to
> find something to purchase that isn't complete junk or completely
> useless. I'd far rather just write the school a check and forget the
> charade that we're getting value for the purchase.

Yeah, and the school/whatever gets pennies on the dollar. It's a
huge scam. Don't even *think* of donating to police leagues, like
that, it's a SCAM.

nancy
BOB

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:23:42 GMT, Puester >
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, but evidently not as much as magazine subscriptions,
>> wrapping paper, frozen pizzas, candy bars, frozen cookie dough,
>> ad nauseam, literally.
>>

> Indeed. The Ever Spectacular 10-year-old in the family brings home
> fund raising catalogues from which, of course, we feel obliged to
> purchase. Absolute utter cr*p. We have to just *comb* through it to
> find something to purchase that isn't complete junk or completely
> useless. I'd far rather just write the school a check and forget the
> charade that we're getting value for the purchase.
>
> "Just what kind of jackassery do I have to put up with today?" Danae
> in "Non Sequitur"

Heh Heh!
Your signature fits right in with the sentiment of the post.
;-)

BOB

BOB