Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bake Sale Recipes???

Hi all,

My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked goods.
Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes. What are some
recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Giggles

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun 21 May 2006 08:23:18p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Giggles?

> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked
> goods. Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes.
> What are some recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any
> suggestions would be great.

Well, looks like you're wide open, as most home baked goods *don't* have
peanuts unless you deliberately add them. Kids like chocolate chip cookies,
oatmeal raisin cookies, decorated sugar cookies, yellow cupcakes w/chocolate
frosting, orange cupcakes w/cream cheese frosting. There are many
possibilities.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giggles wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked goods.
> Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes. What are some
> recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Giggles

These go over well if you leave out the nuts. People (especially
mothers) get goofy about nuts, even walnuts. Add the nuts when you make
them for yourself or for guests because they really add a lot.

Make a double or triple batch, depending on how big your lasagna pan is.
Just dump everything together and beat until the color gets lighter:

Brownies
(adapted from recipe in Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook)

1/3 C cocoa
1/2 C flour
1 C sugar
1/2 C salted butter or margarine, softened but not melted
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C chopped nuts

Preheat oven to 325°. Sift dry ingredients into mixing bowl. Add
remaining ingredients and beat well. Bake in greased 8x8x2" pan for 35
minutes.

Original recipe called for 2 squares unsweet baking chocolate and (I
think) 1/3 C butter instead of 1/2 C.

This recipe triples well, baked in a 4 quart lasagna pan, or doubles in
a 9x13" pan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Giggles" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked goods.
> Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes. What are
> some recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any suggestions would be
> great.
>
> Thanks,
> Giggles

Rice Krispy treats--kids love em.

-Scott

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giggles wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked goods.
> Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes. What are some
> recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Giggles

Brownies are always the first to go.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giggles wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked goods.
> Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes. What are some
> recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any suggestions would be great.

Why don't you pretend that your kids are typical students at the school and
make something they would like. Chances are, they may have similar tastes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giggles wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My kids elementary school is a peanut free school & I'd like to make
> something for their bake sale,it'll be my first time donating baked
> goods. Last year they had cookies, sliced cakes, muffins, cupcakes.
> What are some recipes that are a big hit with the kids?? Any
> suggestions would be great.
>
> Thanks,
> Giggles

Chocolate chip cookies, always a huge hit. Or oatmeal cookies.

Jill