Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Wow!! GoogleGroups is sucking BADLY this AM!!

OB food: I put a lot more of the bacon in my home made beans than
usually makes it in, and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thick
bacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onions and normally end
up eating all or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. I
think I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans this time! YUM!! :-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 8:46*am, Bull > wrote:
> In article >,
> *John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > OB food: I put a lot more of the bacon in my home made beans than
> > usually makes it in, and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thick
> > bacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onions and normally end
> > up eating all or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. *I
> > think I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans this time! YUM!! :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> GOOD thread again. *Glad you figured out that more bacon is better than
> less bacon. *You are now up to 1703 mostly ridiculous posts to RFC and
> you haven't kill filed/killed file yourself yet? *You could up your
> KANDY production if you didn't spend all your time posting nonsense.

And pure bacon is the best, which is why usually not much of the bacon
I render for it's fat ends up in my beans!

:-)

Must fuel the Christmas Candy making machine before today's production
starts! I have a 2x batch of fondant flavored with oil of peppermint
and 6 drops of green food color all waiting to be formed into patties
and dipped! Ugh! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 6:36*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> OB food: I put a lot more of the bacon in my home made beans than
> usually makes it in, and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thick
> bacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onions and normally end
> up eating all or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. *I
> think I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans this time! YUM!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
use Google Groups.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 9:14*am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:

> Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
> not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
> use Google Groups.

I've explained why I prefer using GoogleGroups. Were you not paying
attention?

I posted this "ridiculous post" using Free Agent connected to eternal-
september.org's Usenet news server because GoogleGroups was sucking so
badly, a problem which appears to have been ephemerally/temporarily
ameliorated.

I have options! ;-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 9:36*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> OB food: I putalot more of the bacon in my home made beans thanusually makes it in,and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thickbacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onionsand normally endup eatingall or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. *Ithink I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans thistime! YUM!! :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

gg is a tad slow this morning. not bad though. however, i can't get
rid of favorites that i marked(then unmarked) about 2 months ago. it
is only a certain 5 favorites. Other favorites that I have unmarked
don't come back to haunt me. as for beans, eat only 3 oz. along with
a serving of low fat organic cottage cheese blended with flax oil, and
fresh ground flax seeds. eating this combo prevents cancer of the
left nostril, which comes about from eating too many beans without a
proper counter measure.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:
> I posted this "ridiculous post" using Free Agent connected to eternal-
> september.org's Usenet news server because

> GoogleGroups was sucking so
> badly, a problem which appears to have been ephemerally

> /temporarily

> ameliorated.

> John Kuthe...

As much as you post about it, maybe it is the norm, and is not at all
"temporary".

Did you ever consider that?

A.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 10:33*am, "A.Nonny.Mouse" > wrote:

> As much as you post about it, maybe it is the norm, and is not at all
> "temporary".
>
> Did you ever consider that?
>
> A.

Sometimes, GoogleGroups response is very fast! And sometimes not.

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 9:14*am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 6:36*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>
> > OB food: I put a lot more of the bacon in my home made beans than
> > usually makes it in, and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thick
> > bacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onions and normally end
> > up eating all or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. *I
> > think I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans this time! YUM!! :-)

> > John Kuthe...

> Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
> not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
> use Google Groups.

There is nothing wrong with my access to Google Groups when John posts
his complaints, so I can only think it's his provider.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 7:41*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> On Dec 9, 9:14*am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>

> > Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
> > not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
> > use Google Groups.

> I've explained why I prefer using GoogleGroups. Were you not paying
> attention?
>
> I posted this "ridiculous post" using Free Agent connected to eternal-
> september.org's Usenet news server because GoogleGroups was sucking so
> badly, a problem which appears to have been ephemerally/temporarily
> ameliorated.
>
> I have options! ;-)
>
> John Kuthe...

That doesn't explain why you make so many posts regarding Google
Groups performance. Make them on a news.* group. We get that you're a
masochist.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 10:39*am, Nancy2 > wrote:

> There is nothing wrong with my access to Google Groups when John posts
> his complaints, so I can only think it's his provider.
>
> N.

Like I say Nancy, it's very variable. On one post I'll see it right
away and them moments
later............................................. .......................................DELAY!!!

John Kuthe...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:40:41 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

>On Dec 9, 7:41*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
>> On Dec 9, 9:14*am, spamtrap1888 > wrote:
>>

>> > Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
>> > not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
>> > use Google Groups.

>> I've explained why I prefer using GoogleGroups. Were you not paying
>> attention?
>>
>> I posted this "ridiculous post" using Free Agent connected to eternal-
>> september.org's Usenet news server because GoogleGroups was sucking so
>> badly, a problem which appears to have been ephemerally/temporarily
>> ameliorated.
>>
>> I have options! ;-)
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>That doesn't explain why you make so many posts regarding Google
>Groups performance. Make them on a news.* group. We get that you're a
>masochist.

He doesn't have the mental capacity to post about anything useful AND
because some of you keep giving him attention. I read without filters
for awhile and just started using them again and this is much better.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:14:45 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
> not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
> use Google Groups.

He has both a real usenet provider and a real news reader. There's no
excuse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:37:16 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:33*am, "A.Nonny.Mouse" > wrote:
> >
> > As much as you post about it, maybe it is the norm, and is not at all
> > "temporary".
> >
> > Did you ever consider that?
> >
> > A.

> Sometimes, GoogleGroups response is very fast! And sometimes not.

But it sucks big time, just like every other threaded, web based forum
- even the "best".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:40:41 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
> wrote:

> That doesn't explain why you make so many posts regarding Google
> Groups performance. Make them on a news.* group. We get that you're a
> masochist.

Exactly. There are lots of people here who post from GG, but he's the
only one who is constantly talking/complaining about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:27:00 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 9:36*am, John Kuthe > wrote:
> > OB food: I putalot more of the bacon in my home made beans thanusually makes it in,and I love it! I cook up 5 or 6 strips of thickbacon for the bacon fat to brown the chopped onionsand normally endup eatingall or most of the bacon while I finish making the beans. *Ithink I ended up putting 5 strips in the beans thistime! YUM!! :-)
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> gg is a tad slow this morning. not bad though. however, i can't get
> rid of favorites that i marked(then unmarked) about 2 months ago. it
> is only a certain 5 favorites. Other favorites that I have unmarked
> don't come back to haunt me. as for beans, eat only 3 oz. along with
> a serving of low fat organic cottage cheese blended with flax oil, and
> fresh ground flax seeds. eating this combo prevents cancer of the
> left nostril, which comes about from eating too many beans without a
> proper counter measure.

All kidding aside, does combining beans with dairy help those who have
a gas side effect or not? I thought the only cure was to eat more
beans over a period of time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2011 8:24 AM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 08:37:16 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:
>
>> On Dec 9, 10:33 am, > wrote:
>>>
>>> As much as you post about it, maybe it is the norm, and is not at all
>>> "temporary".
>>>
>>> Did you ever consider that?
>>>
>>> A.

>> Sometimes, GoogleGroups response is very fast! And sometimes not.
>>

> But it sucks big time, just like every other threaded, web based forum
> - even the "best".

OTOH, GG has never lost any of my posts the way my "real" provider has
been doing. GG will give conformation that your post was successful
while my T-bird reader will act normally and even place the post in the
sent folder but the post will not appear nor will it ever appear. This
has only been happening in the last few months. That's in another class
of lame altogether.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
aem aem is offline

On Dec 9, 10:28*am, sf > wrote:

> All kidding aside, does combining beans with dairy help those who have
> a gas side effect or not? *I thought the only cure was to eat more
> beans over a period of time.

I don't think so. Certainly cheese doesn't matter. People say Beano
works but I've never tried it. The Mexican herb epazote works a
little bit but the bitter taste is somewhat strong (and seems to me to
go better with black beans that with pintos). We eat beans so often
no special help seems needed. -aem

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 12:06*pm, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:14:45 -0800 (PST), spamtrap1888
>
> > wrote:
> > Why do you keep making these ridiculous posts? If Google Groups does
> > not work for you, use a real usenet provider. No one is forcing you to
> > use Google Groups.

> He has both a real usenet provider and a real news reader. *There's no
> excuse.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

Yes there is! I like GoogleGroups' interface better!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:29:11 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

> OTOH, GG has never lost any of my posts the way my "real" provider has
> been doing. GG will give conformation that your post was successful
> while my T-bird reader will act normally and even place the post in the
> sent folder but the post will not appear nor will it ever appear. This
> has only been happening in the last few months. That's in another class
> of lame altogether.

99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
end of another thread with the same name. I stopped losing threads
that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
using my spacebar.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 11:30:31 -0800 (PST), aem >
wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:28*am, sf > wrote:
>
> > All kidding aside, does combining beans with dairy help those who have
> > a gas side effect or not? *I thought the only cure was to eat more
> > beans over a period of time.
> >

> I don't think so. Certainly cheese doesn't matter. People say Beano
> works but I've never tried it. The Mexican herb epazote works a
> little bit but the bitter taste is somewhat strong (and seems to me to
> go better with black beans that with pintos). We eat beans so often
> no special help seems needed. -aem

Thanks aem. I happen to *like* eating cottage cheese with baked beans
(okay I'm weird), but I'm the only one in my family who does that.
I'd like to have beans more often, but hubby gets gas and it's not
easy to convince anyone who gets gas that they should eat beans more
often.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 10:33*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:29:11 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
> > OTOH, GG has never lost any of my posts the way my "real" provider has
> > been doing. GG will give conformation that your post was successful
> > while my T-bird reader will act normally and even place the post in the
> > sent folder but the post will not appear nor will it ever appear. This
> > has only been happening in the last few months. That's in another class
> > of lame altogether.

> 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> end of another thread with the same name. *I stopped losing threads
> that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> using my spacebar.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
resolution for this.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 10:33Â*am, sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:29:11 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
> > OTOH, GG has never lost any of my posts the way my "real" provider has
> > been doing. GG will give conformation that your post was successful
> > while my T-bird reader will act normally and even place the post in the
> > sent folder but the post will not appear nor will it ever appear. This
> > has only been happening in the last few months. That's in another class
> > of lame altogether.

> 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> end of another thread with the same name. Â*I stopped losing threads
> that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> using my spacebar.
>
> --
> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

I checked my Eternal September account and found only posts up until
5:18 this morning which would be 7:18 your time. It's the end of the
world man! 😲
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:33*am, sf > wrote:
> >
> > 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> > end of another thread with the same name. *I stopped losing threads
> > that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> > using my spacebar.
> >

> I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
> I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
> OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
> having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
> error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
> resolution for this.

Huh! So maybe if news provided information to other news providers,
service could improve?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:50:44 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

> On Dec 9, 10:33*am, sf > wrote:
> >
> > 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> > end of another thread with the same name. *I stopped losing threads
> > that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> > using my spacebar.
> >
> > --
> > Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> I checked my Eternal September account and found only posts up until
> 5:18 this morning which would be 7:18 your time. It's the end of the
> world man! ?

Hey, I was creeped out already - enough!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/9/2011 10:12 PM, sf wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), >
> wrote:
>>
>> On Dec 9, 10:33 am, > wrote:
>>>
>>> 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
>>> end of another thread with the same name. I stopped losing threads
>>> that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
>>> using my spacebar.
>>>

>> I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
>> I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
>> OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
>> having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
>> error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
>> resolution for this.
>>

> Huh! So maybe if news provided information to other news providers,
> service could improve?

My guess is that the server has lost it's ability to keep up with the
traffic. They're probably running old frankenmachines out of some guy's
mom's basement. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:
> >
> > On Dec 9, 10:33*am, sf > wrote:
> > >
> > > 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> > > end of another thread with the same name. *I stopped losing threads
> > > that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> > > using my spacebar.
> > >

> > I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
> > I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
> > OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
> > having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
> > error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
> > resolution for this.
> >

> Huh! So maybe if news provided information to other news providers,
> service could improve?

At one time, this was a "feature" of the NEW GoogleGropes. They changed
the headers. For those who used threaded newsreaders, the headers no
longer contained the same information that had been used to link the
threads. This seems to have been fixed.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Dec 9, 10:33*am, sf > wrote:
>> On Fri, 09 Dec 2011 09:29:11 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:
>> > OTOH, GG has never lost any of my posts the way my "real" provider has
>> > been doing. GG will give conformation that your post was successful
>> > while my T-bird reader will act normally and even place the post in the
>> > sent folder but the post will not appear nor will it ever appear. This
>> > has only been happening in the last few months. That's in another class
>> > of lame altogether.

>> 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
>> end of another thread with the same name. *I stopped losing threads
>> that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
>> using my spacebar.
>>
>> --
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

>I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
>I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
>OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
>having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
>error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
>resolution for this.

Stressfull? Really? Are you kidding? This is usenet and not
corporate e-mail that is important.

I can't believe some of the crap I read here.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 10, 10:20Â*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
> wrote:

> >> 99% of the time when I think I've "lost" a post... it's just at the
> >> end of another thread with the same name. Â*I stopped losing threads
> >> that way after I started navigating to the next unread message by
> >> using my spacebar.

> >> --
> >> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

> >I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
> >I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
> >OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
> >having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
> >error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
> >resolution for this.

> Stressfull? Â*Really? Â*Are you kidding? Â*This is usenet and not
> corporate e-mail that is important.
>
> I can't believe some of the crap I read here.
>
> Lou

You just love to hassle other people. Learn some manners pig! ðŸ·

The problem is that when I press the send button, three things could
happen.
1) The message gets sent
2) TBird returns a time out error
3) the message gets sent but does not appear on the Usenet servers

So the reality is that I never know which one it's going to be when I
try to post to usenet. Stressful? You bet! Now go plonk me forthwith
cause I don't want to see any messages from your sorry ass to me. Tank
you veddy much. 💣

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:42:54 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Dec 10, 10:20*am, Lou Decruss > wrote:
>> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 12:53:50 -0800 (PST), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >I've been using Thunderbird of years and this is a new behavior that
>> >I've seen. It could be a problem on my end or from my Usenet provider.
>> >OTOH, my provider has certainly gotten laggy and then there's my
>> >having to chant when sending post so that I won't get a time-out
>> >error. This tends to be stressful and hopefully I can find some
>> >resolution for this.

>> Stressfull? *Really? *Are you kidding? *This is usenet and not
>> corporate e-mail that is important.
>>
>> I can't believe some of the crap I read here.
>>
>> Lou

>You just love to hassle other people.

Only people who write silly things. You must have a terribly boring
life if you consider missing posts on usenet stressful.

>Learn some manners pig! ?

Stating facts does not make one rude.

>The problem is that when I press the send button, three things could
>happen.
>1) The message gets sent
>2) TBird returns a time out error
>3) the message gets sent but does not appear on the Usenet servers

So do something else then. Are you as dumb as kuthe?

>So the reality is that I never know which one it's going to be when I
>try to post to usenet. Stressful? You bet!

Work, finances, and cancer are stressful. Usenet is not.

>Now go plonk me forthwith cause I don't want to see any messages from your
> sorry ass to me.

Are you not bright enough to filter ME if you don't want to hear the
truth?

>Tank you veddy much. ?

My pleasure.

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/10/2011 5:52 PM, Lou Decruss wrote:
> On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 14:42:54 -0800 (PST), >
> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 10, 10:20 am, Lou > wrote:

>>> Stressfull? Really? Are you kidding? This is usenet and not
>>> corporate e-mail that is important.
>>>
>>> I can't believe some of the crap I read here.
>>>
>>> Lou

>> You just love to hassle other people.

> Only people who write silly things. You must have a terribly boring
> life if you consider missing posts on usenet stressful.
>
>> Learn some manners pig! ?

> Stating facts does not make one rude.
>>
>> The problem is that when I press the send button, three things could
>> happen.
>> 1) The message gets sent
>> 2) TBird returns a time out error
>> 3) the message gets sent but does not appear on the Usenet servers

> So do something else then. Are you as dumb as kuthe?
>
>> So the reality is that I never know which one it's going to be when I
>> try to post to usenet. Stressful? You bet!

> Work, finances, and cancer are stressful. Usenet is not.
>
>> Now go plonk me forthwith cause I don't want to see any messages from your
>> sorry ass to me.

> Are you not bright enough to filter ME if you don't want to hear the
> truth?
>
>> Tank you veddy much. ?

> My pleasure.
>
> Lou

Sorry, I'm not going to feed the troll.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 21:23:12 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>>> You just love to hassle other people.

>> Only people who write silly things. You must have a terribly boring
>> life if you consider missing posts on usenet stressful.
>>
>>> Learn some manners pig! ?

>> Stating facts does not make one rude.
>>>
>>> The problem is that when I press the send button, three things could
>>> happen.
>>> 1) The message gets sent
>>> 2) TBird returns a time out error
>>> 3) the message gets sent but does not appear on the Usenet servers

>> So do something else then. Are you as dumb as kuthe?
>>
>>> So the reality is that I never know which one it's going to be when I
>>> try to post to usenet. Stressful? You bet!

>> Work, finances, and cancer are stressful. Usenet is not.
>>
>>> Now go plonk me forthwith cause I don't want to see any messages from your
>>> sorry ass to me.

>> Are you not bright enough to filter ME if you don't want to hear the
>> truth?
>>
>>> Tank you veddy much. ?

>> My pleasure.
>>
>> Lou

>Sorry, I'm not going to feed the troll.

I've been here plenty long to establish I'm not a troll and I talk
about food way more than you. Just because you don't like what I say
doesn't mean I'm a troll.

Lou

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 7:50*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:

> >> Only people who write silly things. *You must have a terribly boring
> >> life if you consider missing posts on usenet stressful.

> >> Stating facts does not make one rude.

> >> So do something else then. *Are you as dumb as kuthe?

> >> Work, finances, and cancer are stressful. *Usenet is not.

> >> Are you not bright enough to filter ME if you don't want to hear the
> >> truth?

> >> My pleasure.

> >> Lou

> >Sorry, I'm not going to feed the troll.

> I've been here plenty long to establish I'm not a troll and I talk
> about food way more than you. *Just because you don't like what I say
> doesn't mean I'm a troll.

Whatever disagreements we might have, you are certainly not a troll.
I think dsi1 was referring to Mr. Kuthe, who is also not a troll, but
does constantly complain about the performance of GoogleGroups. I use
GoogleGroups too, but I don't complain about it because I figure that
it's free, and often you get what you pay for.

> Lou

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2011 3:57 PM, Bryan wrote:
> On Dec 11, 7:50 pm, Lou > wrote:

>>> Sorry, I'm not going to feed the troll.

>> I've been here plenty long to establish I'm not a troll and I talk
>> about food way more than you. Just because you don't like what I say
>> doesn't mean I'm a troll.

> Whatever disagreements we might have, you are certainly not a troll.
> I think dsi1 was referring to Mr. Kuthe, who is also not a troll, but
> does constantly complain about the performance of GoogleGroups. I use
> GoogleGroups too, but I don't complain about it because I figure that
> it's free, and often you get what you pay for.
>>
>> Lou

> --Bryan

Not true. Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to ludacris not Mr.
Kuthe. My idea of a troll is a guy that gets off on hassling other
people. Evidently, I hit some kind of nerve by pointing out the reality
that the Usenet servers are past their days of glory and are going
downhill. His response was to call it crap and me an idiot. I might be
an idiot but him saying so is mostly an indicator of his upbringing -
not my IQ.

BTW, contrary to what you guys and all the Usenet vets might think,
there's no statute of limitations on being a troll or an old dude with
bad manners. As it goes, I'm not going to feed the troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 11, 8:26*pm, dsi1 > wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 3:57 PM, Bryan wrote:

> >> I've been here plenty long to establish I'm not a troll and I talk
> >> about food way more than you. *Just because you don't like what I say
> >> doesn't mean I'm a troll.

> > Whatever disagreements we might have, you are certainly not a troll.
> > I think dsi1 was referring to Mr. Kuthe, who is also not a troll, but
> > does constantly complain about the performance of GoogleGroups. *I use
> > GoogleGroups too, but I don't complain about it because I figure that
> > it's free, and often you get what you pay for.

> >> Lou

> > --Bryan

> Not true. Sorry for not being clear. I was referring to ludacris not Mr.
> Kuthe. My idea of a troll is a guy that gets off on hassling other
> people. Evidently, I hit some kind of nerve by pointing out the reality
> that the Usenet servers are past their days of glory and are going
> downhill. His response was to call it crap and me an idiot. I might be
> an idiot but him saying so is mostly an indicator of his upbringing -
> not my IQ.
>
> BTW, contrary to what you guys and all the Usenet vets might think,
> there's no statute of limitations on being a troll or an old dude with
> bad manners. As it goes, I'm not going to feed the troll.

I define troll as one who stirs up shit, but is not willing to stick
around and engage in argument, but just sits back and takes
satisfaction in the trouble (s)he has caused. Often, trolls do not
have strongly held beliefs, but merely post whatever they think will
offend the majority of the NG regulars. Troll is not synonymous with
asshole or perpetual gadfly. I also think that in an age of virtually
unlimited bandwidth, that killfiles are way past moribund. It's easy
just to choose not to open posts by those whom you don't wish to
read. Plonking someone is *so* fifteen years ago.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/11/2011 5:02 PM, Bryan wrote:

> I define troll as one who stirs up shit, but is not willing to stick
> around and engage in argument, but just sits back and takes
> satisfaction in the trouble (s)he has caused. Often, trolls do not
> have strongly held beliefs, but merely post whatever they think will
> offend the majority of the NG regulars. Troll is not synonymous with
> asshole or perpetual gadfly. I also think that in an age of virtually
> unlimited bandwidth, that killfiles are way past moribund. It's easy
> just to choose not to open posts by those whom you don't wish to
> read. Plonking someone is *so* fifteen years ago.
>
> --Bryan

Plonking is pretty much the acknowledgement that you're unable to
control your compulsions and impulses. Most of the practices and rules
of Usenet posting is archaic and useless. Obviously, the geeks are not
interested in changing with the times. Looks like it's up to you and me
to bust it all down. :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Dec 9, 2:37*pm, sf > wrote:

> I'd like to have beans more often, but hubby gets gas and it's not
> easy to convince anyone who gets gas that they should eat beans more
> often.

That man needs a sense of humor!

I just made up a batch of pintos and ground turkey. Yes I know that's
weird, but I also top it with cottage cheese when I eat it.

I don't get overly gassy from beans, but I do notice 'a little bit'
now that I'm using the simmering method of cooking them. Previously i
was soaking them overnight and putting them in the slow cooker or
boiling them. I never got any gas from ones that were soaked for 8-10
hours.

-J