nancree

Default The day started badly--a knock on my door.

The building maintaince lady told me that my 11 foot high storage
cabinet at the front of my parking space had collapsed. There were at
least150 pounds of very heavy boards shattered in various shapes on my
garage floor. Plus the contents I had stored. Beach chairs, heavy ones,
suitcases,Heavy boxes, beach awnings. I have a tandem parking space .
All this summerI parked in the forward section so that my daughter
could have the rear parking space when she drove down from La
Jolla.(Parking can be difficult here in the summer.) She and her family
left on Saturday, so I parked my car in the rear of my tandem parking
space. The good fairy was watching over me because not one thing fell
on my Jaguar.However, a heavy board did make a fist-sized dent in the
neighbor's car--a new black Mercedes. I hope my insurance man can help
with that. The mess has been tidied up a bit, but I now have to hire
someone to take away the heavy lumber.
By the time I talked a couple of times to the insurance man and the
building manager, as well as the owner of the dented car I didn't feel
like fixing dinner. So I made a good sandwich with a lot of ham and
chimmi churri sauce on Orowheat Extra Sour Rye, and made a good salad
of cucumbers and tomatoes, which I sliced and pulled out the seedy part
with a grapefruit knife. The dressing was balsamic vinegar, olive oil
and a good amount of Fleur de Sel. That Fleur de Sel is a miracle. I
order mine from France, though you can sometimes find it at a gourmet
store.It makes all the difference as a finishing salt.I could eat it
with a spoon, but don't.Just dip a wet finger in and savor it on my
tongue. I still felt a little uptight, so I ate some raspberry gelato
that I got at our new gelato shop here in towm. Whew! Better day
tomorrow, I think.
Nancree

Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 23 Aug 2005 04:26:12a, nancree wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> The building maintaince lady told me that my 11 foot high storage
> cabinet at the front of my parking space had collapsed. There were at
> least150 pounds of very heavy boards shattered in various shapes on my
> garage floor. Plus the contents I had stored. Beach chairs, heavy ones,
> suitcases,Heavy boxes, beach awnings. I have a tandem parking space .
> All this summerI parked in the forward section so that my daughter
> could have the rear parking space when she drove down from La
> Jolla.(Parking can be difficult here in the summer.) She and her family
> left on Saturday, so I parked my car in the rear of my tandem parking
> space. The good fairy was watching over me because not one thing fell
> on my Jaguar.However, a heavy board did make a fist-sized dent in the
> neighbor's car--a new black Mercedes. I hope my insurance man can help
> with that. The mess has been tidied up a bit, but I now have to hire
> someone to take away the heavy lumber.
> By the time I talked a couple of times to the insurance man and the
> building manager, as well as the owner of the dented car I didn't feel
> like fixing dinner. So I made a good sandwich with a lot of ham and
> chimmi churri sauce on Orowheat Extra Sour Rye, and made a good salad
> of cucumbers and tomatoes, which I sliced and pulled out the seedy part
> with a grapefruit knife. The dressing was balsamic vinegar, olive oil
> and a good amount of Fleur de Sel. That Fleur de Sel is a miracle. I
> order mine from France, though you can sometimes find it at a gourmet
> store.It makes all the difference as a finishing salt.I could eat it
> with a spoon, but don't.Just dip a wet finger in and savor it on my
> tongue. I still felt a little uptight, so I ate some raspberry gelato
> that I got at our new gelato shop here in towm. Whew! Better day
> tomorrow, I think.
> Nancree

That is awful news, indeed. But you didn't starve! :-)

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four,
unless there are three other people.
Sheldon

nancree wrote:
> The building maintaince lady told me that my 11 foot high storage
> cabinet at the front of my parking space had collapsed. There were at
> least150 pounds of very heavy boards shattered in various shapes on my
> garage floor. Plus the contents I had stored. Beach chairs, heavy ones,
> suitcases,Heavy boxes, beach awnings. I have a tandem parking space .
> All this summerI parked in the forward section so that my daughter
> could have the rear parking space when she drove down from La
> Jolla.(Parking can be difficult here in the summer.) She and her family
> left on Saturday, so I parked my car in the rear of my tandem parking
> space. The good fairy was watching over me because not one thing fell
> on my Jaguar.However, a heavy board did make a fist-sized dent in the
> neighbor's car--a new black Mercedes. I hope my insurance man can help
> with that.

Seems like the liablility is primarily the landlord's (whoever
owns/installed said cabinet)... perhaps you can be assigned some
contributory negligence, perhaps but probably not. The neighbor need
to make a claim aganst the landlord. Why is a storage cabinet 11ft
high?!?!?

Sheldon