Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Candle Carver

I bought this the last time I visited Squeaks. It's a little gadget to
hollow out a fruit or vegetable just the right amount to drop a tea
light into. The fruit or vegetable acts as the candle holder, too
cute.
Last night I finally got around to using it on a couple of apples,
fun, fun, now no fruit or vegetable is safe around me. ;-)

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...le-carver.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/3uqeonn

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:40:38 -0700, wrote:

> I bought this the last time I visited Squeaks. It's a little gadget to
> hollow out a fruit or vegetable just the right amount to drop a tea
> light into. The fruit or vegetable acts as the candle holder, too
> cute.
> Last night I finally got around to using it on a couple of apples,
> fun, fun, now no fruit or vegetable is safe around me. ;-)

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...le-carver.html

> or
> http://tinyurl.com/3uqeonn

Did you find it at Surly Table? I completely forgot that last year I
promised myself to get one in time for the Fall holidays this year, so
thanks for the reminder! Did the apples smell nice when the candle
was burning?

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:17:18 -0700, sf > wrote:

>Did you find it at Surly Table?

It's in their latest catalog, and in stock at our local stores.

-- Larry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:17:18 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:40:38 -0700, wrote:
>

>> I bought this the last time I visited Squeaks. It's a little gadget to
>> hollow out a fruit or vegetable just the right amount to drop a tea
>> light into. The fruit or vegetable acts as the candle holder, too
>> cute.
>> Last night I finally got around to using it on a couple of apples,
>> fun, fun, now no fruit or vegetable is safe around me. ;-)

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...le-carver.html

>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/3uqeonn
>>

>Did you find it at Surly Table? I completely forgot that last year I
>promised myself to get one in time for the Fall holidays this year, so
>thanks for the reminder! Did the apples smell nice when the candle
>was burning?

Other than the scent of a freshly cut apple, no. All the apples do is
act as candleholders. Just be sure and treat the cut friut with some
fruit fresh or lime juice if it tends to brown after being cut.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Oct 23, 5:36*pm, wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:17:18 -0700, sf > wrote:
> >On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 08:40:38 -0700, wrote:

> >> I bought this the last time I visited Squeaks. It's a little gadget to
> >> hollow out a fruit or vegetable just the right amount to drop a tea
> >> light into. The fruit or vegetable acts as the candle holder, too
> >> cute.
> >> Last night I finally got around to using it on a couple of apples,
> >> fun, fun, now no fruit or vegetable is safe around me. ;-)

> >>http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...le-carver.html

> >> or
> >>http://tinyurl.com/3uqeonn

> >Did you find it at Surly Table? *I completely forgot that last year I
> >promised myself to get one in time for the Fall holidays this year, so
> >thanks for the reminder! *Did the apples smell nice when the candle
> >was burning?

> Other than the scent of a freshly cut apple, no. All the apples do is
> act as candleholders. Just be sure and treat the cut friut with some
> fruit fresh or lime juice if it tends to brown after being cut.

I'll remember that the next time I'm in the mood to waste food.

> koko

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:55:27 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
> wrote:

> I'll remember that the next time I'm in the mood to waste food.

Turn them into applesauce after you've used them as candle holders.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:21:34 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> wrote:
>
>> I bought this the last time I visited Squeaks. It's a little gadget to
>> hollow out a fruit or vegetable just the right amount to drop a tea
>> light into. The fruit or vegetable acts as the candle holder, too
>> cute.
>> Last night I finally got around to using it on a couple of apples,
>> fun, fun, now no fruit or vegetable is safe around me. ;-)

http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...le-carver.html

>> or
>> http://tinyurl.com/3uqeonn
>>
>> koko
>>

>Now I just need to find one that'll work on Quartz Crystals, or even
>Calcite.... :-)

Dang, that would be way cool.

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> Now I just need to find one that'll work on Quartz Crystals, or even
> Calcite.... :-)

If you ever figure that one out, let me know.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:30:25 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 14:21:34 -0500, Omelet >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Now I just need to find one that'll work on Quartz Crystals, or even
>> > Calcite.... :-)

>> If you ever figure that one out, let me know.

><lol>! Diamond bit rock drill. Expensive equipment!
>Calcite is soft enough, corundum would likely be sufficient, but not for
>quartz!
>
>Any rock carvers on the group? It could even be made on topic by making
>carved stone bowls etc.

Well this is VERY OT- but speaking of carving, I saw this on (the
fabulous) wimp.com site today. NOT food related but amazing!
http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/ 6 minutes long and wonderful.

And btw, we have a zillion tillandsias on our farm. Pretty neat.

aloha,
Cea
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:15:23 -1000, pure kona
> wrote:

> Well this is VERY OT- but speaking of carving, I saw this on (the
> fabulous) wimp.com site today. NOT food related but amazing!
> http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/ 6 minutes long and wonderful.

Wow! I'd like one of his chess sets.

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
>pure kona wrote:
>
>> Well this is VERY OT- but speaking of carving, I saw this on (the
>> fabulous) wimp.com site today. NOT food related but amazing!
>> http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/ 6 minutes long and wonderful.

>Wow! I'd like one of his chess sets.

What in TF are you going to do with a chess set... sf hasn't the
mental accuity to play Legos
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:45:41 -0700, sf > wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:15:23 -1000, pure kona
> wrote:
>
>> Well this is VERY OT- but speaking of carving, I saw this on (the
>> fabulous) wimp.com site today. NOT food related but amazing!
>> http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/ 6 minutes long and wonderful.

>Wow! I'd like one of his chess sets.

Me too but then I'd have to remember how to play and it is all so
calculating that I think I am too old. Cribbage works for me.

Glad you liked the video.

aloha,
Cea

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:53:26 -1000, pure kona
> wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:45:41 -0700, sf > wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:15:23 -1000, pure kona
> wrote:
>>
>>> Well this is VERY OT- but speaking of carving, I saw this on (the
>>> fabulous) wimp.com site today. NOT food related but amazing!
>>> http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/ 6 minutes long and wonderful.

>>Wow! I'd like one of his chess sets.

>Me too but then I'd have to remember how to play and it is all so
>calculating that I think I am too old. Cribbage works for me.
>
>Glad you liked the video.

I liked it too.

Lou