Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default bread pudding from quick bread

"sf" > wrote in message

> At least I think it's quick bread... it seems like quick bread and I
> know how to make it. Quick bread is more like cake than real bread.
> I want to make bread pudding using a bread tonight from Trader
> Joe's... I have a Zucchini and Carrot bread that is just too sweet to
> toast and eat for breakfast (which was the intention when it was
> purchased). We knew it would be sweet, but this is tooth achingly
> sweet and we can't stomach it. So I was thinking that although it's
> too sweet for breakfast, it might be okay for dessert. I plan to
> either lighten the sugar drastically or eliminate it entirely
> (eliminating extra sugar works for me when making flourless chocolate
> cake using semi-sweet chocolate).
>
> Okay, by this time you want to know why I am posting.
>
> Here's my essential /question/...
>
> Is quick bread enough like cake that this is a bad idea to use it for
> bread pudding or is it enough not like cake that you think it could
> work?
>
> Note: I will make a small one - using 2 eggs and 2 cups of milk, so I
> can afford to experiment. Comments, especially those that include
> practical experience, are welcomed! I don't care if you don't know
> why it worked or not, I just want to know what happened.
>
> TIA

I don't really see how making a bread pudding out of it would help. I also
can't imagine that kind of bread being toasted. I have never heard of
toasting a quick bread. I would just butter it as is and serve it for
dessert.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 21:13:29 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> I don't really see how making a bread pudding out of it would help.

You wouldn't.

> I also
> can't imagine that kind of bread being toasted. I have never heard of
> toasting a quick bread. I would just butter it as is and serve it for
> dessert.

If you've never toasted quick bread, then you're missing out on a real
treat. Forget that. You wouldn't like it anyway.

--
I take life with a grain of salt, a slice of lemon and a shot of tequila