Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cucumber salad recipe video

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...snhp&gt1=47058
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:22:07 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:

>http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...snhp&gt1=47058
>Janet US

The feta sounds like a good idea. Thanks for posting this!

Lou
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:08:46 -0500, Lou Decruss
> wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:22:07 -0600, Janet Bostwick
> wrote:
>
>>http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...snhp&gt1=47058
>>Janet US

>The feta sounds like a good idea. Thanks for posting this!
>
>Lou

You're welcome. I just ran across it and I remembered that someone
here was looking for more ways to use cucumber.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 20:30:08 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:22:07 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...snhp&gt1=47058
>> Janet US

>I hate to be the asshole (no, actually I like being an asshole when
>I'm logical), but wouldn't it be more appropriate to post the recipe
>in written form after you've tried it, and with your own comments?
>Optionally accompanied by said video at that point?
>
>I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch a video of an unknown, untested
>recipe. But I'm just funny that way <shrug>.
>
>Where has journalism gone? Too many people seem to be passive puppets
>nowadays.
>
>-sw

I've typed out a fair amount of recipes for this group. the video is
short. I was reading news and I saw the link to this recipe, watched
the video and got called away. Putting the link here was expedient. I
don't always watch videos either. It's up to you. If it was a
complicated thing to put together, I would surely try it first but
this is a no brainer.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:22:07 -0600, Janet Bostwick wrote:
>
>> http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...snhp&gt1=47058
>> Janet US

> I hate to be the asshole (no, actually I like being an asshole when
> I'm logical), but wouldn't it be more appropriate to post the recipe
> in written form after you've tried it, and with your own comments?
> Optionally accompanied by said video at that point?
>
> I'll be damned if I'm gonna watch a video of an unknown, untested
> recipe. But I'm just funny that way <shrug>.
>
> Where has journalism gone? Too many people seem to be passive puppets
> nowadays.
>
> -sw

I agree. I don't watch videos - they take too long. And some have PITA
video ads before the real video!

I never click on news stories that are videos.

I was wondering why anyone wound need to see a video to make something as
simple as a cuke salad.

and what happens when the video link disappears, and you are searching for a
recipe?

Coconut Cucumber Salad Recipe lilchuff11 Vegetarian cooking 5 06-12-2012 09:55 AM
Coconut Cucumber Salad Recipe lilchuff11 Vegan 0 26-12-2011 09:16 PM
Cucumber salad recipe for Andy Stan Horwitz General Cooking 46 23-05-2008 11:51 AM
Cucumber Salad Sheldon General Cooking 0 23-05-2007 08:02 PM
cucumber salad the14thdisciple General Cooking 1 11-07-2004 12:52 AM