Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Jack In The Box Taco Recipe for Taco Party

Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream "on the side" for those
none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
(CHEMO, BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 2:30*pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream *"on the side" for those
none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
(CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Just crap on the taco shell and call it good.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/11/2011 5:30 PM, nurk_fred2000 wrote:
I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

That should be easy given the volume of crap you excrete. Pull down your
tighty-whities and get busy!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 6:53*pm, Chemo the Clown wrote:
On Jul 11, 2:30*pm, nurk_fred2000 wrote:

Having a Taco/Margarita party last weekend of the month and would like
to try and replicate my favorite fast food meal ~ The Jack in the Box
Taco...The shell, filled with a bean/meat "paste" appears to be
frozen, then flash fried, drained, then filled with lettuce and sauce
~ its a bit greasy but love it!...I'm going to throw a twist into the
mix and offer cheddar cheese and sour cream *"on the side" for those
none purists...I I think it will be a Home Run with the guests coz you
just can not stop eating them ...If anyone has an idea on this basic
but somewhat complex recipe, much appreciated for a post/ideas
(CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Just crap on the taco shell and call it good.

Only a pig would want to knock off JitB tacos, but nurk is no pig,
just a troll.

--Bryan
Old 12-07-2011, 02:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 8:48*pm, Mark Thorson wrote:
nurk_fred2000 wrote:

(CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Holy cats! *That's a lot of food to waste!

Might be cheaper just to hire Taco Bell to
make them. *You might get paper plates and
hats thrown in for making such a large order.

No, Mark. This is Jack in the Box. Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
very-good tacos. JitB has awful, nasty tacos.

I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
Not so for JitB's. I miss Del Taco.

--Bryan

Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

nurk_fred2000 wrote:

(CHEMO, *BUTT OUT ~ No One Is Interested in your Ideas!!!!)...I'll
need to fill approx 250-300 shells...TIA!

Holy cats! *That's a lot of food to waste!

Might be cheaper just to hire Taco Bell to
make them. *You might get paper plates and
hats thrown in for making such a large order.

No, Mark. *This is Jack in the Box. *Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
very-good tacos. *JitB has awful, nasty tacos.

I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
Not so for JitB's. *I miss Del Taco.

--Bryan

***Leave it to Chemo the Clown-Turd to tell someone to take a Dump on
their food...Taco Smell is way too salty and Taco Chime's meat is
full of "orange grease"...A little further research has pointed me to
a "massa-paste" for the Jack recipe and I'll experiment with that this
week ~ Gonna need a lot of grease for the fry but I think with the
right bean/meat/paste mixture I can pull it off...Sure, the easy way
out is to go buy them at the local resto but I'd like to let our
guests see that I put some time and effort into the meal...

As for Chemo the Clown-Turd I have no idea how anyone in their right
mind would even let him into a kitchen (much less a Professional
Kitchen)...Can you imagine trying to work with The Clown as one of
your line cooks or sous chef's ~ Utter Chaos ~ Bankrupt!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:07:51 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
wrote:

[...]

That be true, but Marks idea of just contracting with Taco Bell ooops
- Jack in the Box - is the best answer. I bet they have a truck to
send out for parties.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:11:11 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
wrote:

I miss Del Taco.

Here's your golden opportunity to open a franchise!
http://www.deltaco.com/page28.html

Old 12-07-2011, 03:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bryan wrote:

No, Mark. This is Jack in the Box. Taco Bell has overpriced, not-
very-good tacos. JitB has awful, nasty tacos.

When he said Jack in the Box I was thinking Taco Bell
and didn't notice. As I recall, the food at Taco Bell
was pretty good for the low, low price, but it's been
maybe 15 years since I ate anything there and maybe
20 years since the previous time. I'm not sure I've
ever eaten at Jack in the Box. I like their commercials
though.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 19:25:32 -0700 (PDT), Bryan
wrote:

I'm certainly not going to quit my full time job, but doing a bit of
side work for a petit bourgeois small business owner who seems to be
ethical, easy to get along with might not be a bad thing.

Good luck to you, Bryan! This is a good time in life to start
branching out.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:41 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 18:58:40 -0800, Mark Thorson
wrote:

I like their commercials though.

Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
it's pretty good.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 11, 8:11*pm, Bryan wrote:

I'd pretty happily eat TB tacos if they were offered to me for free.
Not so for JitB's. *I miss Del Taco.

Did you work at that place or something? Or were you just banging the
fryer? Need to know.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

I like their commercials though.

Me too. If their food is even half as good as their commercials, then
it's pretty good.

It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those
heart clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I
probably wouldn't care for it.

Becca
Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-07-12, Ema Nymton wrote:

It has been years since I had a JITB taco, but I used to love those
heart clogging gelatinous gobs of goodness. If I had one now, I
probably wouldn't care for it.

TB is the last scarf-n-barf I patronize. Their burrito supreme is my
only choice. Usta be, that item was declining in both quality and
size, depending on which place and which flake employees were
working. Basically, turning to crap.

I went to our local TB a couple days ago, for old times sake, and was
doubly surprised. Cost was way up, almost $3 for a burrito supreme.
OTOH, now had a choice of burger, steak, chicken! News to me. I
got the traditional burger and was not disappointed. Big! Hearty!
No skimping! TB still satisfies.

I also recently bought TB sauce and TB refritos. Got some tostado
shells and will make some tostados tonight:

Here's the recipe for those of you too stupid to figure it out.

1 tostado shell
1 heaping T of refried beans
cheddar cheese
thin shredded lettuce
TB sauce

Spread layer of beans on shell. Sprinkle cheese on top of beans.
NUKE fer 30 seconds. Top with sauce, then lettuce. Eat.

nb