Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OI New Mouse!

I can see now just how worn out the old one was! I can feel and hear this
new one clicking! I couldn't hear it with the old one. The mouse came with
a new mouse pad too. They're really cool. Japanese I think. They have
cartoon like pics of a cat and mouse on them. Now hopefully you won't be
seeing any more blank posts from me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I can see now just how worn out the old one was! I can feel and hear this
>new one clicking! I couldn't hear it with the old one. The mouse came
>with a new mouse pad too. They're really cool. Japanese I think. They
>have cartoon like pics of a cat and mouse on them. Now hopefully you won't
>be seeing any more blank posts from me.

And so I make a typo in the subject. Great. Well, I don't have the new
keyboard yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 7, 12:11*pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> >I can see now just how worn out the old one was! *I can feel and hear this
> >new one clicking! *I couldn't hear it with the old one. *The mouse came
> >with a new mouse pad too. *They're really cool. *Japanese I think. *They
> >have cartoon like pics of a cat and mouse on them. *Now hopefully you won't
> >be seeing any more blank posts from me.

> And so I make a typo in the subject. *Great. *Well, I don't have the new
> keyboard yet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pramod kumar > wrote:
> On Jul 7, 12:11 pm, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> I can see now just how worn out the old one was! I can feel and hear this
>>> new one clicking! I couldn't hear it with the old one. The mouse came
>>> with a new mouse pad too. They're really cool. Japanese I think. They
>>> have cartoon like pics of a cat and mouse on them. Now hopefully you won't
>>> be seeing any more blank posts from me.

>> And so I make a typo in the subject. Great. Well, I don't have the new
>> keyboard yet.

I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to get
use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 7, 5:29*am, Nad R > wrote:
> pramod kumar > wrote:

> >> And so I make a typo in the subject. *Great. *Well, I don't have the new
> >> keyboard yet.

> I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to get
> use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R *(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

==
I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
desired object...opinions vary.
==

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
On Jul 7, 5:29 am, Nad R > wrote:
> pramod kumar > wrote:

> >> And so I make a typo in the subject. Great. Well, I don't have the new
> >> keyboard yet.

> I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to get
> use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

==
I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
desired object...opinions vary.
==

I don't even know what a track pad is!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Roy" > wrote in message
> On Jul 7, 5:29 am, Nad R > wrote:
>>
>> I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to get
>> use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.

> ==
> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
> desired object...opinions vary.
> ==
>
> I don't even know what a track pad is!

http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/

They are available for windows and macs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nad R" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Roy" > wrote in message
>> On Jul 7, 5:29 am, Nad R > wrote:
>>>
>>> I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to
>>> get
>>> use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.

>> ==
>> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
>> desired object...opinions vary.
>> ==
>>
>> I don't even know what a track pad is!

> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>
> They are available for windows and macs.
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

Ohhh! I wouldn't like that at all. I don't like the little pad on my
daughter's computer. I assume that would be the same.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nad R" > wrote in message
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> ==
>>> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
>>> desired object...opinions vary.
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I don't even know what a track pad is!

>> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>>
>> They are available for windows and macs.
>>
>> --
>> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

> Ohhh! I wouldn't like that at all. I don't like the little pad on my
> daughter's computer. I assume that would be the same.

The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the emotion
is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went through
three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nad R" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>>>
>>> They are available for windows and macs.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

>> Ohhh! I wouldn't like that at all. I don't like the little pad on my
>> daughter's computer. I assume that would be the same.

> The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
> wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
> is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
> against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
> an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the
> emotion
> is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went
> through
> three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

Well thankfully I don't throw my mouse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie wrote:

> Well thankfully I don't throw my mouse.

Is *that* what the kids are calling it these days?

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 02:46:10 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
> wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
> is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
> against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
> an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the emotion
> is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went through
> three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong

Why would you throw a mouse against the wall? Mine has been dropped
on the hardwood floor more times than I can count and it's still in
one piece.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 2:21 PM, Nad R wrote:
> "Julie > wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> On Jul 7, 5:29 am, Nad > wrote:
>>>
>>> I am finding that I like the newer track pads better. it takes time to get
>>> use to them, but the multi finger motions are becoming second nature.

>> ==
>> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
>> desired object...opinions vary.
>> ==
>>
>> I don't even know what a track pad is!

> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>
> They are available for windows and macs.

That's a beautiful piece of hardware! I hated using my laptop trackpad
but after constant usage for 2 years, I've learned to use it OK. On my
desktops, I use a trackball. I don't much care for mice.

I remember getting a Koala Pad for my Commodore-64 and boy was that a
bitching piece of hardware. It was like total magic. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
.com...

>>> ==
>>> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
>>> desired object...opinions vary.
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I don't even know what a track pad is!

>> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>>
>> They are available for windows and macs.
>>

> That's a beautiful piece of hardware! I hated using my laptop trackpad but
> after constant usage for 2 years, I've learned to use it OK. On my
> desktops, I use a trackball. I don't much care for mice.
>
> I remember getting a Koala Pad for my Commodore-64 and boy was that a
> bitching piece of hardware. It was like total magic. :-)

My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 6:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!

OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>> My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!
>>

> OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

Father-in-law.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
.com...
> On 7/7/2011 6:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!
>>

> OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

Father in law.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 6:57 PM, Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!
>>>

>> OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

> Father-in-law.
>
> Bob

Oh, damn! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>>> OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

>> Father-in-law.

> Oh, damn! :-)

Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms! LOL!
It took me a while to get used to them, don't worry, you too will get them.
Where are you from?
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 7:12 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> .com...
>> On 7/7/2011 6:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> My FIL had a trackball. Oh how I hated it!
>>>

>> OK, I'll bite - what's a "FIL?"

> Father in law.

It seems so obvious now...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 9:08 PM, ViLco wrote:

>>> Father-in-law.

>> Oh, damn! :-)

> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms! LOL!
> It took me a while to get used to them, don't worry, you too will get them.
> Where are you from?

I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although not
from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the breaks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 02:46:10 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> > wrote:
>
>> The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
>> wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
>> is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
>> against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
>> an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the emotion
>> is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went through
>> three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong

> Why would you throw a mouse against the wall? Mine has been dropped
> on the hardwood floor more times than I can count and it's still in
> one piece.

They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
hand... They suck!

Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf > wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 02:46:10 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> > wrote:
>
>> The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
>> wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
>> is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
>> against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
>> an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the emotion
>> is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went through
>> three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong

> Why would you throw a mouse against the wall? Mine has been dropped
> on the hardwood floor more times than I can count and it's still in
> one piece.

They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
hand... They suck!

Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2011 11:48 PM, Nad R wrote:

> They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
> roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
> do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
> hand... They suck!
>
> Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces

High mileage rubber rollers get glazed and lose traction and the shaft
and the shutter wheels get hair and lint on them - it's a mess and
there's no way to prevent it because it's inherent in the design. All
you have to do is get a laser mouse and never mess with those stupid
balls again.

I use a track ball. My favorite one was the Microsoft Trackball Explorer
which MS stopped making long ago. A used one will cost you $100 to $500.
The problem with those was the 3 steel bearing surfaces would wear and
cause drag. I used to drill out the little bearings and pop in new ones.
Gosh, people just love those! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:10:50 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

>>> Oh, damn! :-)

>> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms! LOL!
>> It took me a while to get used to them, don't worry, you too will get them.
>> Where are you from?

>I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although not
>from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
>won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the breaks.

This is Usenet. Next time someone asks where you live- tell them
SRIMOP and act all snooty when they ask what *that* means.<g>

Jim

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 > wrote:
> On 7/7/2011 11:48 PM, Nad R wrote:
>>
>> They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
>> roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
>> do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
>> hand... They suck!
>>
>> Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces
>>

> High mileage rubber rollers get glazed and lose traction and the shaft
> and the shutter wheels get hair and lint on them - it's a mess and
> there's no way to prevent it because it's inherent in the design. All you
> have to do is get a laser mouse and never mess with those stupid balls again.
>
> I use a track ball. My favorite one was the Microsoft Trackball Explorer
> which MS stopped making long ago. A used one will cost you $100 to $500.
> The problem with those was the 3 steel bearing surfaces would wear and
> cause drag. I used to drill out the little bearings and pop in new ones.
> Gosh, people just love those! :-)

I am a convert to the multi-finger trackpads. Easy to clean and can do a
lot more than the mouse or track balls. There are some extra things to
learn like the two fingers for scrolling, single swipes for page up, down
and sideways. Single or double taps for mouse clicks. Two fingers for
rotating and more.

Like the laptops, the mouse is going the way of the Dodo bird. Some of the
religious types will never embrace the new concepts, it is embedded in
their DNA.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jim wrote:

>> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although not
>> from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
>> won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the
>> breaks.

> This is Usenet. Next time someone asks where you live- tell them
> SRIMOP and act all snooty when they ask what *that* means.<g>

I'd guess SRIMOP meant South Rhode Island, Middle Of Providence.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Terwilliger" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although not
>>> from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
>>> won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the
>>> breaks.

>> This is Usenet. Next time someone asks where you live- tell them
>> SRIMOP and act all snooty when they ask what *that* means.<g>

> I'd guess SRIMOP meant South Rhode Island, Middle Of Providence.

Surely Providence is in the north of RI? At least it seems to me that I
leave Boston and arrive in Providence pretty quick.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms! LOL!
>> It took me a while to get used to them, don't worry, you too will
>> get them. Where are you from?

> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although
> not from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-)

LOL

> My guess is
> that you won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world.
> That's the breaks.

Exactly
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:

>>> Oh, damn! :-)

>> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms!
>> LOL!
>> It took me a while to get used to them, don't
>> worry, you too will
>> get them. Where are you from?

> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the
> Pacific although
> not from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific.
> :-) My guess is
> that you won't find that acronym in any dictionary
> in the world.
> That's the breaks.

You can find most of them here.....

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

You won't find the new ones that some smart ass just
made up, though

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2011-07-08, dsi1 > wrote:

> from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
> won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the breaks.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/FIL.html

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
.com...

>>> ==
>>> I hate track pads...they're not intuitive or as easy to pinpoint the
>>> desired object...opinions vary.
>>> ==
>>>
>>> I don't even know what a track pad is!

>> http://www.apple.com/magictrackpad/
>>
>> They are available for windows and macs.
>>

> That's a beautiful piece of hardware! I hated using my laptop trackpad but
> after constant usage for 2 years, I've learned to use it OK. On my
> desktops, I use a trackball. I don't much care for mice.

I hate mice too, they aggravate my carpal tunnel syndrome. I use keyboard
shortcuts wherever possible, the trackpad on my laptop, and a big ol'
Logitech trackball for the desktop.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:48:17 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> wrote:

> sf > wrote:
> > On Fri, 8 Jul 2011 02:46:10 +0000 (UTC), Nad R
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> The mouse was a problem for me. They are just to easy to throw against the
> >> wall and they shatter into tiny little pieces. The heavier metal track pad
> >> is something one does not grasp with the fingers. If I threw a track pad
> >> against the the wall, serious damage would occur to the wall and it takes
> >> an effort to pick the pads up. By the time I try and pick it up the emotion
> >> is gone. The cheap light weight mouse just do not last long. I went through
> >> three mice in three years. So far that track pad is going strong

> > Why would you throw a mouse against the wall? Mine has been dropped
> > on the hardwood floor more times than I can count and it's still in
> > one piece.

> They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
> roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
> do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
> hand... They suck!

I haven't used the ball type since laser came out, but laser is no
problem for me. I can use it on any surface.

> Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces

Like I said before, my mouse has been dropped on the hardwood floor
more times than I can count and it's still in one piece. It's 6-7
years old now and the wheel isn't working anymore, but I don't care.
I got along just fine before they had mouse wheels and I have other
ways to navigate, so I don't miss it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 22:10:50 -1000, dsi1 > wrote:

> My guess is that you
> won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world.

Google can usually help... http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/FIL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2011 1:23 AM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

> This is Usenet. Next time someone asks where you live- tell them
> SRIMOP and act all snooty when they ask what *that* means.<g>
>
> Jim

OK, I'm biting this one! What's a SRIMOP?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2011 1:29 AM, Nad R wrote:
> > wrote:
>> On 7/7/2011 11:48 PM, Nad R wrote:
>>>
>>> They do not move smoothly as they get older, dust, hard to clean. The
>>> roller ball gets gummed up, the laser ones need a smooth surface and they
>>> do no move smoothly. The cheap light weight feel of them. Requires a light
>>> hand... They suck!
>>>
>>> Then frustration anger... Then tiny little pieces
>>>

>> High mileage rubber rollers get glazed and lose traction and the shaft
>> and the shutter wheels get hair and lint on them - it's a mess and
>> there's no way to prevent it because it's inherent in the design. All you
>> have to do is get a laser mouse and never mess with those stupid balls again.
>>
>> I use a track ball. My favorite one was the Microsoft Trackball Explorer
>> which MS stopped making long ago. A used one will cost you $100 to $500.
>> The problem with those was the 3 steel bearing surfaces would wear and
>> cause drag. I used to drill out the little bearings and pop in new ones.
>> Gosh, people just love those! :-)

> I am a convert to the multi-finger trackpads. Easy to clean and can do a
> lot more than the mouse or track balls. There are some extra things to
> learn like the two fingers for scrolling, single swipes for page up, down
> and sideways. Single or double taps for mouse clicks. Two fingers for
> rotating and more.
>
> Like the laptops, the mouse is going the way of the Dodo bird. Some of the
> religious types will never embrace the new concepts, it is embedded in
> their DNA.

What model trackpad would you recommend? I don't have an Apple except
for an iPad which is sorta like a multi-finger track pad in a very
direct way. Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2011 3:30 AM, ViLco wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>
>>> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms! LOL!
>>> It took me a while to get used to them, don't worry, you too will
>>> get them. Where are you from?

>> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the Pacific although
>> not from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-)

> LOL
>
>> My guess is
>> that you won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world.
>> That's the breaks.

> Exactly

Ha ha - some people think life should be conducted like a TV game show. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2011 3:34 AM, John Smythe wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

>>> Hey, finally someone else new to these acronyms!
>>> LOL!
>>> It took me a while to get used to them, don't
>>> worry, you too will
>>> get them. Where are you from?

>> I'm writing from a small rock in the middle of the
>> Pacific although
>> not from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific.
>> :-) My guess is
>> that you won't find that acronym in any dictionary
>> in the world.
>> That's the breaks.

> You can find most of them here.....
>
> http://www.acronymfinder.com/
>
> You won't find the new ones that some smart ass just
> made up, though

Thanks - I should probably bookmark the site. :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2011 4:38 AM, notbob wrote:
> On 2011-07-08, > wrote:
>
>> from under a rock in the middle of the Pacific. :-) My guess is that you
>> won't find that acronym in any dictionary in the world. That's the breaks.

> http://www.acronymfinder.com/Slang/FIL.html
>
> nb

OK, so I was wrong. :-)