Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Pet owners, sound off!

"Andy" > wrote in message ...
> OT: Pet owners, sound off!
>
> My Annabelle, the Jack Russell "terror" was mine, from newborn puppy
> (think hampster-sized) for thirteen wonderful years.
>
> I once gave her a Sunday breakfast pancake, which she promptly took
> outside and buried... in case times get tough!
>
> We left a box of donuts on the kitchen table and went someplace. When we
> returned, the box was empty and Annabelle had hidden them in the
> furniture all over the house. A laughing scavenger hunt ensued. She just
> sat there and watched, amused, loving playing a game on us!
>
> You?

When I was a kid, my mom made cranberry bread. She wrapped the 17 little
loaves in foil and put them on top of the fridge. The problem? My dad took
to feeding our cat scraps on foil. She particularly liked green beans.

So we went to church, came home to get the bread to go deliver it and the
cat had opened every loaf and ate quite a lot of the bread. She also
vomited all over the house.

As an adult, I had a cat who always wanted people food. Once she took a
flying leap at my husband's Subway sandwich and got a piece of lettuce in
her mouth. She looked so disappointed. I guess she wanted the cheese or
meat. Husband wasn't happy.

Another time while I was at work he had ordered a greasy pizza and left the
empty box open on the dining table. I found her rolling around in the box,
trying to eat whatever clung to the box. She was so greasy I had to bath
her.

My current cats (mom and baby) do not seem to think she can eat people food.
They never beg for it. However baby loves to watch me cook and really likes
to hear corn pop. Now they both come into the kitchen whenever I am in
there and they want some of their treats.