Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Bernard Clayton, Jr.

I read on the NY Times website today that Mr. Clayton died last week at
the age of 94. He was the author of The Complete Book of Breads, The
Breads of France, and a couple of books on pastry and soups. I remember
cooking a different recipe from his bread books on a weekly basis back
in the day. His recipe instructions and timing were always meticulous,
unlike some of the more recent cookbooks I've run across. A long life
well lived and with plenty of good food--we should all be so lucky.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me