Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Instant coffee?

On 3/17/2011 6:16 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 17/03/2011 12:02 PM, Ema Nymton wrote:
>
>> A couple of months ago, I received samples of Taster's Choice in the
>> mail. I I was surprised, it was very good.

> I have yet to taste n instant coffee that does not have that distinctive
> instant coffee taste. The snack bar at our local YMCA sells some sort of
> instant coffee made in a machine, and they charge Starbucks prices for
> it. No thanks.

I got a big jar of freeze dried coffee from Sam's Club that was pretty
good as far as instant coffee goes and dirt cheap. Starbucks Via could
be the best instant coffee - probably because they add what appears to
be finely ground coffee bean to the mix - this is a great idea although
it has to be a remarkably fine grind and I'm guessing you have package
the coffee in nitrogen and in individual servings. It's dreadfully
expensive for instant.

I mostly use K-Cups in the office which is expensive but cheaper than
the Via and really convenient because it's used to make 1 or 2 cups of
coffee a day.