Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Starbuck's Instant Coffee

I dumped 2 packets in 12 oz of cold water (in a 20oz glass). Filled the
glass up with ice, added milk (I know - cream would have been better for
sure...) and some Equal. It tasted just like Frappocino (spelling?) in the
bottles, which I believe are made by Starbucks. I happen to like a
Frappocino every once in a while, as a sweet drink.

It was pretty good. Not cheap tasting like when I tried it hot. Next step
is to figure out the cost, versus buying the Frappocino. I was given the
instant Starbuck's so I don't know how much they cost, but I suspect it's
got to be cheaper than buying the bottles.. I know - I'm anal.......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

grossbea said...

> It was pretty good. Not cheap tasting

What about cheap pricing?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-10-02, grossbea > wrote:
> I dumped 2 packets in 12 oz of cold water (in a 20oz glass). Filled the
> glass up with ice, added milk (I know - cream would have been better for
> sure...) and some Equal. It tasted just like Frappocino (spelling?) in the
> bottles, which I believe are made by Starbucks. I happen to like a
> Frappocino every once in a while, as a sweet drink.
>
> It was pretty good. Not cheap tasting like when I tried it hot. Next step
> is to figure out the cost, versus buying the Frappocino. I was given the
> instant Starbuck's so I don't know how much they cost, but I suspect it's
> got to be cheaper than buying the bottles.. I know - I'm anal.......

.....fer sure
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2009-10-02 04:16:42 -0700, "grossbea" > said:

> It was pretty good. Not cheap tasting like when I tried it hot. Next step
> is to figure out the cost, versus buying the Frappocino. I was given the
> instant Starbuck's so I don't know how much they cost, but I suspect it's
> got to be cheaper than buying the bottles.. I know - I'm anal.......

Just tried it this morning. Went to $tarbucks and got a small Latte and
a 12 pack of the VIA or whatever it's called. The 12 pack cost 10 bucks
so 83 cents per 8oz cup. I would suspect that's a bit cheaper than the
'regular' non-espresso coffee at $tarbucks.

After I was done with the Latte I poured 8oz of boiled water into a cup
with the microground coffee in the bottom. Stirred and did the cream
and sugar thing to taste. I found it a bit strong for me so I added
another 2oz of water.

All in all I think it's pretty damn good coffee. I have a Senseo single
cup coffee maker (uses little pads of coffee and squirts water through
the pad) and after about a week of it I stopped using it as the flavor
is just strange. This product from Megabucks is actually very good for
instant.

For people like me that have maybe a cup or two in the morning and hate
making a full pot I think it might take off. For the 'true' coffee
snobs? Maybe not so much.
--

wintermute