Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Starbucks Instant Coffee

Dave Smith said...

> On a related note.... there is a Starbucks coffee liqueur on the market.
> My SiL brought us a bottle, and I have to say that it is pretty darned
> good.

What's the liquor part of it? Whiskey?

what's to become of Irish coffee?

What dish would you cook up with it?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Dave Smith said...
>
>> On a related note.... there is a Starbucks coffee liqueur on the market.
>> My SiL brought us a bottle, and I have to say that it is pretty darned
>> good.

> What's the liquor part of it? Whiskey?

It is a coffee liqueur, like Tia Maria.

> what's to become of Irish coffee?
>
> What dish would you cook up with it?

In a glass... neat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> Andy wrote:
>> Dave Smith said...
>>
>>> On a related note.... there is a Starbucks coffee liqueur on the

market.
>>> My SiL brought us a bottle, and I have to say that it is pretty darned
>>> good.

>> What's the liquor part of it? Whiskey?

> It is a coffee liqueur, like Tia Maria.
>
>> what's to become of Irish coffee?
>>
>> What dish would you cook up with it?

> In a glass... neat.

Dave,

I don't know Tia Maria.

I know Starbucks coffee won't ferment into alcohol.

They bought Tia Maria and slapped their name on it, I'd bet.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

>>> what's to become of Irish coffee?
>>>
>>> What dish would you cook up with it?

>> In a glass... neat.

> Dave,
>
> I don't know Tia Maria.
>
> I know Starbucks coffee won't ferment into alcohol.

No,, it won't, but they somehow infuse coffee flavour and colour into
alcohol and sugar.

> They bought Tia Maria and slapped their name on it, I'd bet.

I don't think so. It is similar to Tia Maria but not the same. I can
taste the difference between the two, but would have a hard time telling
which is which in a blind taste test. IMO, both are better than Kahlua.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith said...

> I don't think so. It is similar to Tia Maria but not the same. I can
> taste the difference between the two, but would have a hard time telling
> which is which in a blind taste test. IMO, both are better than Kahlua.

Dave,

I visited the wiki page for Tia Maria. Made in Jamaica from blue mountain
coffee. I bet that would taste good. That's some of the finest coffee in
the world. I've been there and drank it.

I also visited Starbucks liqueur site. They make a Cream Liqueur and a
Coffee Liqueur. They offer some enticing recipes for both, except probably
the ones that want you to use Starbuck's coffee in them?

BTW, out of curiosity, I priced blue mountain coffee over at
http://www.bluemountaincoffee.com/ and 16oz. of roasted whole beans is
$38.00. YIKES! Actually FedEx shipping IS included in the price but it
still is some expensive coffee!

Best,

Andy