Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Italian Wedding Soup

Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.

Too stinkin' good.

Step by step and photos on my blog if you are interested.
http://www.kokoscornerblog.com/mycor...ding-soup.html

or
http://tinyurl.com/4wkddb7

Here's the recipe I kinda used.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Italian Wedding Soup

soups/stews

Meat balls
1 small onion; grated
1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
1 large egg
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon Salt
1 slice fresh white bread, crust trimmed; bread torn into pieces
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
8 ounces ground beef
8 ounces ground pork
freshly ground black pepper

Soup
12 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 pound curly endive; coarsely chopped
or 1 pound escarole
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
salt, freshly ground black pepper

To make the meatballs: Stir the first 6 ingredients in a large bowl to
blend. Stir in the cheese, beef and pork. Using 1 1/2 teaspoons for
each, shape the meat mixture into 1-inch diameter meatballs. Place on
baking sheet.

To make the soup: Bring the broth to a boil in a large pot over
medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and curly endive and simmer until
the meatballs are cooked through and the curly endive is tender, about
6 minutes. Whisk the eggs and cheese in a medium bowl to blend. Stir
the soup in a circular motion. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture into
the moving broth, stirring gently with a fork to form thin strands of
egg, about 1 minute.
Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.

Ladle the soup into bowls and serve. Finish soup with parmesan cheese
if desired.

Notes: Giada De Laurentis

Yield: 8 servings

Preparation Time: 00:35

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:
> Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
> surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.
>
> Too stinkin' good.

One of my favorite soups. Now I'm hungry. !!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 26, 9:42*am, ImStillMags > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:
>
> > Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
> > surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.

> > Too stinkin' good.

> One of my favorite soups. * Now I'm hungry. !!

Now I know what my shared office lunchs will be this week, instead of
the planned for cheesy Marinara pasta casserole. I'll only change the
escarole to my already planned for spinach, and I may make freesh
flour tortillas to go with. Thanks for the inspire, Koko!
....Picky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 09:42:47 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

> On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:
> > Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
> > surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.
> >
> > Too stinkin' good.

> One of my favorite soups. Now I'm hungry. !!

I need to try making that someday.

Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImStillMags View Post
On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:
Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.

Too stinkin' good.

One of my favorite soups. Now I'm hungry. !!
Double ditto!

I can think of few soups as stand-out original in character. Heaven when made right.

Never done it before, but you got me motivated.

Gracci!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:10:14 +0000, Gorio
> wrote:

>ImStillMags;1586038 Wrote:
>> On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:-
>> Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
>> surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.
>>
>> Too stinkin' good.-
>>
>> One of my favorite soups. Now I'm hungry. !!

>Double ditto!
>
>I can think of few soups as stand-out original in character. Heaven when
>made right.
>
>Never done it before, but you got me motivated.
>
>Gracci!!

Prego

koko
James Beard

www.kokoscornerblog.com

Natural Watkins Spices
www.apinchofspices.com
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27/02/2011 3:10 PM, Gorio wrote:
> ImStillMags;1586038 Wrote:
>> On Feb 26, 9:37*am, wrote:-
>> Succulent Parmesan rich meatballs floating around in a rich broth,
>> surrounded by ribbons of egg and fresh spinach.
>>
>> Too stinkin' good.-
>>
>> One of my favorite soups. Now I'm hungry. !!

> Double ditto!
>
> I can think of few soups as stand-out original in character. Heaven when
> made right.
>
> Never done it before, but you got me motivated.

I have had good Italian Wedding soup only a few times. Good stuff. Now
that I am making soup regularly maybe I should try making a batch of
that. I made some squash soup today so I will have to use that up first.