Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Video Portuguese grilled chicken with fried rice

By the lovely Jules.........

http://www.superbutchervip.com.au/videos/jules.html

I prefer to do my fried rice the Asian way.... leave the cooked rice in the
fridge covered with paper towel for a day or so to dry it out, rather than
'fry' it straight after being cooked.

--
Peter Lucas
Hobart

"As we weep for what we have lost, and as we grieve for family and friends
and we confront the challenge that is before us, I want us to remember who we
are.

We are Queenslanders.

We're the people that they breed tough, north of the border.

We're the ones that they knock down, and we get up again."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I prefer to do my fried rice the Asian way.... leave the cooked rice in
> the
> fridge covered with paper towel for a day or so to dry it out, rather than
> 'fry' it straight after being cooked.
>

> --

Plain white rice, cooked without seasoning or salt. Well drained, then
chilled. That's the way they did it in Bangkok. It's pretty boring until
you fry it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Plain white rice, cooked without seasoning or salt. Well drained, then
> chilled. That's the way they did it in Bangkok. It's pretty boring
> until you fry it.
>
> Jill

what length grain, do you recall?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:20:58 -0500, Goomba >
wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Plain white rice, cooked without seasoning or salt. Well drained, then
>> chilled. That's the way they did it in Bangkok. It's pretty boring
>> until you fry it.
>>
>> Jill

>what length grain, do you recall?

Those gals... always worried about length! LOL