Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Global Warming

ravenlynne > wrote:
> On 12/28/2010 8:56 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:
>> Kent wrote:
>>>
>>> What concerns me most about Global Warming is that there isn't any way to
>>> stop it. That won't happen...

>> It was global cooling that killed the dinosaurs. They must have eaten
>> their meat raw. We have fire now. We cook our food.
>>
>> Global climate has always changed. Why is change automatically bad?
>> Humanity survived a lot worse, like several ice ages.

> I thought it was no longer being referred to as "global warming" but
> "global climate change" anyway.

Global Warming is the cause (many reject this idea which is caused by
humans).
Climate Change is the result of Global Warming.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/29/2010 9:14 AM, Dan L wrote:
> > wrote:

>>> It was global cooling that killed the dinosaurs. They must have eaten
>>> their meat raw. We have fire now. We cook our food.
>>>
>>> Global climate has always changed. Why is change automatically bad?
>>> Humanity survived a lot worse, like several ice ages.

>> I thought it was no longer being referred to as "global warming" but
>> "global climate change" anyway.

> Global Warming is the cause (many reject this idea which is caused by
> humans).
> Climate Change is the result of Global Warming.

Ok...I just thought I read somewhere that they're no longer calling it
warming...but since I have no cite for this I'll defer to you.

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote:
> On 12/29/2010 9:14 AM, Dan L wrote:
>> > wrote:

>>> I thought it was no longer being referred to as "global warming" but
>>> "global climate change" anyway.

>> Global Warming is the cause (many reject this idea which is caused by
>> humans).
>> Climate Change is the result of Global Warming.
>>

> Ok...I just thought I read somewhere that they're no longer calling it
> warming...but since I have no cite for this I'll defer to you.

Also, do not let those "Quaddies" with the four arms anywhere near your
computer.
Read that book over twenty years ago! Current reading "www:watch" by
Sawyer.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/29/2010 11:58 AM, Dan L wrote:
> > wrote:

>>> Global Warming is the cause (many reject this idea which is caused by
>>> humans).
>>> Climate Change is the result of Global Warming.
>>>

>> Ok...I just thought I read somewhere that they're no longer calling it
>> warming...but since I have no cite for this I'll defer to you.

> Also, do not let those "Quaddies" with the four arms anywhere near your
> computer.

LOL!

> Read that book over twenty years ago!

It's great!

--
Currently Reading: Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold

Global Warming Nad R General Cooking 2 02-01-2011 11:09 PM
Global Warming Dan L General Cooking 1 29-12-2010 03:44 AM
Global Warming and what you can do to against it .. General Cooking 0 14-12-2009 09:41 PM
Global Warming Beach Runner Vegan 25 06-08-2005 03:16 AM
Global Warming Beach Runner Vegan 25 02-08-2005 12:53 AM