Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Global Warming

"Kent" > wrote:
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Kent" > wrote:
>>
>>> I can't believe the naivety of what's being said on television about
>>> Global
>>> Warming. Sorry to post this but I have to.
>>>

>> <snipped>
>>> Fortunately, it won't affect us in our lifetimes. Our children, no, our
>>> grandchildren, probably not, our great and great-great grandchildren
>>> possibly. By 2100 I predict it will be over.
>>>
>>> Kent

>> You need to find some better quality weed dude... ;-)
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>
>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>> "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
>> --Robert Heinelien
>>

> Ha! I haven't had "weed" in many, many.....years.
>
> What concerns me most about Global Warming is that there isn't any way to
> stop it. That won't happen. At some point all living will be in deep
> trouble. About the same time the press will recognize the problem. Even if
> it did now, the huge majority of the world wouldn't recognize the problem.
> If they do they won't be able to do anything about it.
>
> Imagine our world, empty, like Mars. And, those crazy Norwegians[I'm half]
> gave Al Garp the Nobel prize for this.
>
> Kent
>
> BTW Above: I'm sure above you're referring to Robert Anson Heinlein, not a
> Robert Heinelien. In the old daze Heinlein was a very favorite author.

Hmmm... Those here might be interested in this book.

Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet [Hardcover]
Bill McKibben (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Eaarth-Making-...3587949&sr=1-1

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan L" > wrote in message
> "Kent" > wrote:
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> <snipped>

>>> You need to find some better quality weed dude... ;-)
>>> --
>>> Peace! Om
>>>
>>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>>> "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
>>> --Robert Heinelien
>>>

>> Ha! I haven't had "weed" in many, many.....years.
>>
>> What concerns me most about Global Warming is that there isn't any way to
>> stop it. That won't happen. At some point all living will be in deep
>> trouble. About the same time the press will recognize the problem. Even
>> if
>> it did now, the huge majority of the world wouldn't recognize the
>> problem.
>> If they do they won't be able to do anything about it.
>>
>> Imagine our world, empty, like Mars. And, those crazy Norwegians[I'm
>> half]
>> gave Al Garp the Nobel prize for this.
>>
>> Kent
>>
>> BTW Above: I'm sure above you're referring to Robert Anson Heinlein, not
>> Robert Heinelien. In the old daze Heinlein was a very favorite author.

> Hmmm... Those here might be interested in this book.
>
> Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet [Hardcover]
> Bill McKibben (Author)
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Eaarth-Making-...3587949&sr=1-1
>
> --
> Enjoy Life... Nad R (Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

Thanks much! I reserved it at our local library.

Global Warming Nad R General Cooking 2 02-01-2011 10:09 PM
Global warming. James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 11 02-02-2010 09:35 AM
Global Warming and what you can do to against it .. General Cooking 0 14-12-2009 08:41 PM
Global Warming Beach Runner Vegan 25 06-08-2005 03:16 AM
Global Warming Beach Runner Vegan 25 02-08-2005 12:53 AM